Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Very good addition. Has the ability to score goals, which is a massive bonus...seeing as a lot of our players base there game around assists.

Has a mentality installed to work hard and press, so should fit in no problem. Hopefully can add Stones and possibly an all round CM (with Cesc looking fraile) and thatll be a very good window for us.

Ship JC and JOM out too.

BLUES' PEDRO DEAL IMMINENT

Mundo Deportivo are reporting that discussions between Chelsea and Barcelona for forward Pedro are now at an advanced stage.

And the Catalan newspapers also says that a deal for the player could be concluded within a matter of hours.

Mundo Deportivo are reporting that discussions between Chelsea and Barcelona for forward Pedro are now at an advanced stage.

And the Catalan newspapers also says that a deal for the player could be concluded within a matter of hours.

PEDRO LATEST

Sky sources understand Barcelona winger Pedro has flown into London this afternoon to conclude a deal worth £21.1m to join Chelsea.

Our La Liga expert Guillem Balague says negotiations between Chelsea and Barca began as late as yesterday, but were concluded swiftly, leading to the player flying to London this lunchtime.

Chelsea had expressed an interest in the player for more than a week, but unlike Man Utd and Man City, had not placed a bid.

Got a text from my brother about it while I was in a meeting, the 5 minute smile on my face for, in their eyes, no reason, must have been unnerving. 

Similar situation to me! Was talking to someone and got a push update from twitter - started beaming and had to spill the beans!

Yep. Cesc can play against the smaller teams or come on against the big ones if we're down. A cesc/Matic hybrid, more creative than Matic, better at defending than Cesc

Said it in many threads. I would just put Willian in the middle, He actually has a pretty good long range pass on him, he drvies the ball out at terrific pace, can beat people easily in his own half (strange right??)

H's quick and stands up well so wont be by passed like quicker players can do to cesc. Tackles well. All quality points and can turn defence in to attack quickly. 

Any way on another point - Any one who actually watches laliga regularly can tell us how Pedro rates say against Mata or Silva? 

I think the fact Pedro has played with Cesc for a few years will help bed him in and the two should strike up a good relationship on the park.

Then you have the likes of Azpi and Costa who will also have played and trained with him for some time too.

No big bedding in period required IMO

Said it in many threads. I would just put Willian in the middle, He actually has a pretty good long range pass on him, he drvies the ball out at terrific pace, can beat people easily in his own half (strange right??)

H's quick and stands up well so wont be by passed like quicker players can do to cesc. Tackles well. All quality points and can turn defence in to attack quickly. 

Any way on another point - Any one who actually watches laliga regularly can tell us how Pedro rates say against Mata or Silva?

I wouldn't be against Willian playing there. Jose has never played him there which should tell us something

I wouldn't be against Willian playing there. Jose has never played him there which should tell us something

Yeah - it certainly doesn't seem like Jose is interested in putting him there -maybe because he know's playing Willian further forwads is the equivilent of having another center mid any way, given the work he gets through. 

Undertow:

The problem with that is that no one, other than Oscar and Begovic, have really played anywhere near their best form in the two (three if you count the Community Shield as worth anything) games we've seen so far.

No one else in the squad can do what Fabregas can do in terms of dictating the tempo in the middle of the park, as well as making incisive passes forward to create chances for our front four. Fabregas, despite having not performed the role particularly well himself so far, is at least capable of it, and it's a role we need if we're to bring the best out of our attack.

Before we signed Fabregas, our lack of creativity from midfield as well as our midfield's decision-making on the ball and quality of passing (Mikel being too conservative, Ramires being too inconsistent, and Luiz being almost Gerrard-esque) was a huge and long-standing problem, and one we still don't have another solution to other than Fabregas. Despite issues with his ability off the ball, we won't get back to our best without him in the first team.