Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

United supposedly ‘dropping their interest’ just sounds like saving face after having lost out on the player.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Cuadrado.

Stones next. Then Lacazette for Remy.

And a central midfielder. Then we can call it a day.

As wise as the philosopher!

United supposedly ‘dropping their interest’ just sounds like saving face after having lost out on the player.

I'd be happy with Lacazette and Falcao down to 4th choice, bring in Stones & Witsel and I'll be happy!

Gem

(re: shooting from distance) Not particularly (stats say 0.5/90mins from outside the box for Barca, same as Dani Alves, compared to 1.6/90mins for Messi), then again he wasn't as highly prioritised as an attacking outlet for Barca as he likely will be for us.

I'd be happy with Lacazette and Falcao down to 4th choice, bring in Stones & Witsel and I'll be happy!

trouble is we are limited for squad spaces for overseas players. we have to get players out before we can get any more foreign heads in. i think we are pretty much maxed out as it stands. 

we wont sign lacazette IMO. if anything we will get stones and MAYBE a midfielder but i think thats unlikely. would love witsel.

its time we played our hand and stepped up to the plate, other teams have been flexing their muscles and we've sat quietly in the background with the hierarchy so proud of their compliance with FFP, which is now an irrelevance, whilst simultaneously landing a massive TV deal and sponsorship agreement. 

should have had the wheels in motion weeks ago. time to get on with it and address the weaknesses in the squad which are glaringly apparent for all to see. hopefully this signals the start of a couple more signings. 

If we hadnt entered the race would they have dropped it? No chance

Face saving PR statement. They lost a battle with us due to haggling over a few million and now need to avoid the embarassment, so "LVG stopped the deal" gets trotted out in the press. Despite LVG ok'ing Woodward to travel to Barcelona 48hrs ago... yeh, sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33989090

BBC reporting that we've agreed a £21m deal. Seems like excellent value for a top-class winger. He's brilliant on the ball, has excellent technique, he's fast, and he has end product. In addition to that, he has bags of trophy-winning experience yet may feel like he has something to prove. Brilliant news, just what the doctor ordered.

trouble is we are limited for squad spaces for overseas players. we have to get players out before we can get any more foreign heads in. i think we are pretty much maxed out as it stands.

we wont sign lacazette IMO. if anything we will get stones and MAYBE a midfielder but i think thats unlikely. would love witsel.

its time we played our hand and stepped up to the plate, other teams have been flexing their muscles and we've sat quietly in the background with the hierarchy so proud of their compliance with FFP, which is now an irrelevance, whilst simultaneously landing a massive TV deal and sponsorship agreement.

should have had the wheels in motion weeks ago. time to get on with it and address the weaknesses in the squad which are glaringly apparent for all to see. hopefully this signals the start of a couple more signings.

yeah fair point, let's go for home grown, I'll take Bale

This is a strange one, as it's come out of the blue and taken everyone by surprise, with our interest seemingly cooled ages ago and Utd dead certs for his signature.

So what happened?

From the outside it looks like we simply decided against him. We've already got six wingers in the first team squad and Jose thought better of chasing Pedro. Maybe we were waiting for that top-notch player that Jose really wanted, whoever that is, and Jose was prepared to wait another season. In his recent press conference he said we would wait for the right player to come along, as we did with Costa.

What changed?

We've been pretty woeful during pre-season, the Community Shield and the first two games of the campaign. Most worryingly - more worrying than our defence and midfield - we look impotent from an attacking and creative sense. We just don't look like scoring. We are not creating chances and we have no-one to bring on from the bench. Cuadrado came on against City and did anyone expect him to do something? No, we knew the game was up. Jose has decided he needs more quality than Moses and Cuadrado can offer, he needs more cutting edge than Willian can offer on the flank, and with Traore and Kenedy being kids, he needed to bring in the finished article.

We needed reinforcements and badly.

This signing makes sense and I'm delighted we've made it but let's not kids ourselves Jose wanted him all along. We've gone for him out of necessity it appears to me. We've jumped in at the last minute, just when Utd looked like clinching it. He was the best option in the circumstances. We should be grateful Utd haggled for so long because it gave us our chance.

He brings pace, goals, real big game experience and a winner's mentality, and he's a grafter. Barca have probably had his best years but at 28 he's no old-age pensioner and he's at an age Jose likes.

He can go straight into the team and he's certainly a better option off the bench than anything we currently have. Hopefully this means the end for Cuadrado, but if it doesn't, maybe we can offer Moses to Everton as a sweetener for Stones.

We will see. Certainly one of them has to go. Jose has already said that if one comes in in those wide positions one will have to go, so we will see who it is.

Welcome Pedro. You haven't come a minute too soon. Hopefully this gives everyone a lift and gives all the players a jolt, as a lot of them are on easy street without competition. One thing you bring is bonafide competition for places, and the likes of Willian and Oscar will know it. They will have to up their game and that's what we want.

Looking forward to seeing him play. Not the best player maybe but a good player undoubtedly. Barca kept him ahead of Sanchez which is encouraging and there's no shame being ousted by Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

22 milion or whatever it is is a decent price. Looks like a good bit of business to me. Very, very glad we've got him.