Pedro

skippy
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I don't think he will either but United have chased unattainable players in the past (i.e. Baines, Fabregas etc).

bayern rarely sell their best players in their primes. i don't even remember the last time bayern sold a player of muller's ilk, at least not in the last ten years; it just doesn't happen. 

maybe the board didn't want to act too abruptly when it came to signings. like jose said, we bide our time and see what is out there and try bring them in if good enough. it is weird how cuadrado was a january signing (most likely rushed!) and now we're making up for it hopefully. got a feeling he wants to build a similar team to the 2005 one. 

All a bit weird from Man United. Are they really that incompetent?

“Pedro was understood to be unimpressed by United's pursuit after failing to be convinced that they really wanted him to join.”

“Pedro's camp were unaware of United chief Ed Woodward's trip to Barcelona to try to get the deal over the line in what became a breakdown in United's attempt for his signature.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3203285/Chelsea-set-seal-22m-Pedro-transfer-Manchester-United-Barcelona-forward-rivals-hijack-deal.html#ixzz3jG4pefkF

bayern rarely sell their best players in their primes. i don't even remember the last time bayern sold a player of muller's ilk, at least not in the last ten years; it just doesn't happen.

I know I agree with you, I'm just saying it's becoming common for United to chase players they won't get, the most recent been Sergio Ramos.

I know I agree with you, I'm just saying it's becoming common for United to chase players they won't get, the most recent been Sergio Ramos.

https://twitter.com/AndyMitten/status/633953013246394368

Very reliable Man Utd source. Seems 2013 Ed Woodward is back with a vengeance ruining deals! 

Very strange. 

Didn't this piss about like this a couple of years ago with Herrera, just refused to meet the buy out price for whatever reason? 

Also bit reminiscent of Felliani. Could have had him at the start of the summer for a cheaper price but they delayed on the deal and his (cheaper) buy out clause expired. 

Not like United are short of a few quid right now so strange they would haggle on the price for a player who is a bit of a bargain in today's market. 

Assuming this doesn't fall apart at the last minute, does Pedro slot straight into our starting XI? If so, who do we drop?

Hazard, Willian, Pedro behind Costa would be tasty. The way Cesc has started I'd think his place maybe at risk, however, for that Oscar needs to stake his claim alongside Matic in a deeper role.

United supposedly ‘dropping their interest’ just sounds like saving face after having lost out on the player.

Looks like this is the end of the road for Cuadrado.

Stones next. Then Lacazette for Remy.

And a central midfielder. Then we can call it a day.

Not gonna happen guys, everybody is reporting it off of that fake account form yesterday...

I noticed there's a streak of pessimism in you when it comes to Chelsea transfer rumours  Or perhaps it's just me :biggrin:  

good signing if it happens, but should have been done weeks ago. 

I want to see the club fully flex their muscles and go in for stones, and get a new CM in after we get pedro over the line. 

i'd personally love it if we got witsel and fab could play up at 10

witsel    matic

Pedro  fabregas  hazard

costa

yeah.