Here we go again! Another Reject; Alexandre Pato

chemcint
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Here's our problem. Again instead of developing our younger guys we are bringing in another has been. Alexandre Pato? He sucked at AC Milian at the end. They shipped him to an easier lower league and he scores 19 goal! Wow what a catch! (Update; We are going for another also ran Ezequiel Lavezzi) Pedro but? remember Deco, Torres, Shevy...... all past their prime. Lets get the faster, younger guys out there and build a team for the future. I said it in a post a month or so ago, we are going to have a mass exodus by the summer and we better be prepared for it. Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fàbregas, maybe Oscar. Thibaut Courtois; maybe but I dont think so.Cesar Azpilicueta is past his prime as is one of my favorites, Branislav Ivanovic. and Diego Costa! All gone but summer UNLESS the BAN saves us... I am longing for some good news. And please dont tell me that because Costa and Co have decided they want to play football, we have turned it around!

Edited by chemcint

Here's our problem. Again instead of developing our younger guys we are bringing in another has been. Alexandre Pato? He sucked at AC Milian at the end. They shipped him to an easier lower league and he scores 19 goal! Wow what a catch! (Update; We are going for another also ran Ezequiel Lavezzi) Pedro but? remember Deco, Torres, Shevy...... all past their prime. Lets get the faster, younger guys out there and build a team for the future. I said it in a post a month or so ago, we are going to have a mass exodus by the summer and we better be prepared for it. Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fàbregas, maybe Oscar. Thibaut Courtois; maybe but I dont think so.Cesar Azpilicueta is past his prime as is one of my favorites, Branislav Ivanovic. and Diego Costa! All gone but summer UNLESS the BAN saves us... I am longing for some good news. And please dont tell me that because Costa and Co have decided they want to play football, we have turned it around!

We ain't going to sell all of our players if we don't have Champions League football next season, football doesn't work like that. Also, Azpilicueta isn't past his prime, the guy is only just reaching his peak years.

I agree about Pato though, i will be shocked if he works out here. I can't help but feel that we are going for him because of the name again.

We ain't going to sell all of our players if we don't have Champions League football next season, football doesn't work like that. Also, Azpilicueta isn't past his prime, the guy is only just reaching his peak years.

I agree about Pato though, i will be shocked if he works out here. I can't help but feel that we are going for him because of the name again.

My gut is they wont want to stay and we will get ride of them to lower our wage bill, "because" we wont be in the Champions league. I conced Azpilicueta "might" get back to his amazing self

why you think we are in this position in the first place. we continue to buy sh*te and let another good players go to other clubs. let go of de bruyne, lukaku, mata, buy willian, salah and cuadrado for a combined £60+ million when we could have used that money elsewhere. we refuse to use players from our quality youth system; we send players like ake and christensen on loan. there is now talk of traore and bamford going back out on loan after both proving themselves worthy enough for a place in the squad.

we have musonda and rlc rotting in the reserves. we sold luis and bought baba rahman, but still persist with a rb at lb position, and contiune playing ivanovic when it's obvious he's gone to sh*t. club is a farce and it's f**king irritating. anyone of us here could work on the board at chelsea and do a better job. where do we apply ffs?! 

Edited by enigma

Jeez this is so fu.king frustrating. God bless Roman he obviously loves the club, he's ploughed millions into it, millions into the academy and millions into employing fu.kwit advisors who are screwing him, Chelsea fc, and us the life blood of any team. So fu.king pis.ing me off.

Sorry to say... We ain't gonna sign any big name players, unless we sell some players (representing about 50 million of wages) , in order to get the 200 million wage bill reduced to about 150 million tops.

The problem is ......what club out there with any common sense is gonna sign our top earner players if they're playing sh*te? And pay em more of even match the massive top dollar wages that we are paying em?

The other problem is ......that if we drop the likes of Fabregas, Oscar, Matic etc to rot on the bench, their value decreases even more and they will most probably also cause problems by moaning in the background and causing a bad atmosphere around the training ground.

Therefore at all the up coming matches, we as fans have got to make our voices heard from the terraces ( sorry, the stands!) and put pressure on the board and Guus to either play .....RLC, Kenedy, Traore, Bamford from the start and use more of our top quality youth players and or SACK the present bloke ( Emanalo ? Or the lady CEO ) ? or whoever it is in our club Who decided to pay well over the top and got our club mugged off by recruiting and paying stupid wages to average second tier players such as ....Salah, Cuadrado, Baba and Papa etc

There has been a lot of negativity floating around on here today so lets try and put as much of a positive spin on this as I can.

Pato is now reasonably versatile and can play as a CF, RW and LW and from these position he was Sao Paulo's top scorer, scoring 10 league goals and creating 7 assists yes not overwhelming but in a team that only scored 53 goals that isn't a bad return especially since he was never playing as a striker. He also isn't on huge wages which at slightly less than £20k is an 1/8th of the £150k we are paying to have Falcao here. So if this is as a replacement for Falcao it at least reduces the wage bill, which is something that is most likely going to be needed. And he can't really be any worse than Falcao so we wouldn't drop any squad depth.

Then there is what I think is the main reason for signing Pato is the hollywood story of a player who once was tipped to be one of the best in the world has trouble with with injuries and lifestyle and drops of the face of the earth to then re-kindles his former self at Chelsea and finally give the press something positive to write about. We as a club probably feel we need some positive press as well. Yes this is very very unlikely to happy but if worse comes to worse we save a little money on wages.

Accepting what you say; why wouldn't you just give Patrick Bamford a chance and sign say Charlie Austin both of whom understand the English game. Rather than sign this fella who is reported as having off field and fitness issues over a period. Another useless signing; would we have signed him were it not for the mess we find ourselves in; I think not. I would not have said this; but surely Berahino would be a better bet than this should have been.

Accepting what you say; why wouldn't you just give Patrick Bamford a chance and sign say Charlie Austin both of whom understand the English game. Rather than sign this fella who is reported as having off field and fitness issues over a period. Another useless signing; would we have signed him were it not for the mess we find ourselves in; I think not. I would not have said this; but surely Berahino would be a better bet than this should have been.

Well I agree Bamford should be given a chance and yes it would be great if he could get good game time here, but if he is just being promoted to take Falcao's place as 3rd choice striker and isn't going to get a look in, it would be much better for his development to go on loan in my opinion.

Also considering Charlie Austin also has huge injury problems and is on 100k a week he won't exactly reducing the wage bill. 

Obviously this signing isn't perfect but there are a few positives to look at

You have really let that Sun back page headline talking about an exodus get inside your head haven't you.

Alexandre Pato? He sucked at AC Milian at the end. They shipped him to an easier lower league and he scores 19 goal!

I heard the real reason why AC Milan let Pato go, so he would stop hitting the Owner's Daughter (Barbara Berlusconi). Guess what? She followed followed Pato to Brazil.

barbarabelusconi_fernandodantas_gazetapr

Is this deal 100% guaranteed? The Brazilian Freddie Adu? Seriously is coming to CFC? :ohmy:

Don't worry about all our so called top stars leaving in the summer, we'll get some good money for them, and remember our club sits a few points from the relegation zone, and they don't want to play for us anyway by the looks of things. Time to start again, a new chapter, in a funny way its nice to have a season with no pressure, let's just sit back and enjoy until may. The next manager is the big thing now, but who?

A lot of what was said there is the same way i feel.

Don't worry about all our so called top stars leaving in the summer, we'll get some good money for them, and remember our club sits a few points from the relegation zone, and they don't want to play for us anyway by the looks of things. Time to start again, a new chapter, in a funny way its nice to have a season with no pressure, let's just sit back and enjoy until may. The next manager is the big thing now, but who?

It's hard to sit back and enjoy when we are only 4 points above relegation. We have Arsenal away, Watford away and Man United at home in the next 3 games, i would not be at all surprised if we didn't pick up a single point in these 3 games and find ourselves in the bottom 3.

If true, yet another kick in the bollocks for our talented prospects coming through ... Jose definitely started the death blow ... unfortunately, Guus is doing his best to maintain the status quo ... let's just shut down the Acadamies and be done with it.