Here we go again! Another Reject; Alexandre Pato

chemcint
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

why you think we are in this position in the first place. we continue to buy sh*te and let another good players go to other clubs. let go of de bruyne, lukaku, mata, buy willian, salah and cuadrado for a combined £60+ million when we could have used that money elsewhere. we refuse to use players from our quality youth system; we send players like ake and christensen on loan. there is now talk of traore and bamford going back out on loan after both proving themselves worthy enough for a place in the squad.

we have musonda and rlc rotting in the reserves. we sold luis and bought baba rahman, but still persist with a rb at lb position, and contiune playing ivanovic when it's obvious he's gone to sh*t. club is a farce and it's f**king irritating. anyone of us here could work on the board at chelsea and do a better job. where do we apply ffs?!

Jose was behind all this!

Would have taken him in his good days, but now..meh.   Looks like we are scraping a relegation team together TBH in the hope that any new players will inject some life into a waning team...if he starts scoring...great, if he fails he will just go on the heap with the rest of the centre forwards we buy.

I really think though that Roman is losing it.  This club does not seem to have any direction or long term strategies.

Edited by CFCCAN

Maybe a bit of hyperbole. But Pato's current contract is apparently set at less than £40,000 (according to google its 9.6 BRL a year which is £32,000 a week and its £36,000 according to football manager). Although previous reports when he was trying to sign on loan to Hull were that they were around £60000.

There are also reports that he will take a pay cut of around a half.

Which would leave us somewhere between £16,000-£30,000.
Players such as Chalobah, Van Ginkel, Kalas, Ake, Baker, Bamford and Christensen are on wages above £20,000 so not a huge disparity    

Edited by PedroMendez

Here's our problem. Again instead of developing our younger guys we are bringing in another has been. Alexandre Pato? He sucked at AC Milian at the end. They shipped him to an easier lower league and he scores 19 goal! Wow what a catch! (Update; We are going for another also ran Ezequiel Lavezzi) Pedro but? remember Deco, Torres, Shevy...... all past their prime. Lets get the faster, younger guys out there and build a team for the future. I said it in a post a month or so ago, we are going to have a mass exodus by the summer and we better be prepared for it. Eden Hazard, Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fàbregas, maybe Oscar. Thibaut Courtois; maybe but I dont think so.Cesar Azpilicueta is past his prime as is one of my favorites, Branislav Ivanovic. and Diego Costa! All gone but summer UNLESS the BAN saves us... I am longing for some good news. And please dont tell me that because Costa and Co have decided they want to play football, we have turned it around!

I just read this post and didn't bother with the rest of them because it irked me so much, you have some points but being the ultimate fan boy I am...

On what planet is Azpilicueta past his prime exactly?! He's always consistent, very very rarely makes a mistake and is 26 I believe? He is just hitting his prime and will key to the future success of this club going forward.

Absolutely terrific buy from the club and one of the best value for money signings we've made!

A lot of what was said there is the same way i feel.

It's hard to sit back and enjoy when we are only 4 points above relegation. We have Arsenal away, Watford away and Man United at home in the next 3 games, i would not be at all surprised if we didn't pick up a single point in these 3 games and find ourselves in the bottom 3.

We used to have players that wanted to lose. Now they want to draw. 16 games. 16 points (average). Total 41 points.

Safe - Simples....!

We should buy this guy; at least he's honest!  "Salomon Rondon has admitted he is desperate to score more goals for West Brom and justify his £12m price tag"

Competition from Sporting Who? for PATO. We should up the bid another 20 Mill

I'm probably the only person but i'm strangely confident over this pato signing if it happens. Pato could be good for us and if it's a signing the club makes then i'm behind it but on the other hand Bamford anyone? I'd much rather we brought him into the fold before buying players like pato. 

I actually think this signing makes a lot of sense from all perspectives (other than a youth policy viewpoint). 1) he is unlikely to be a Downgrade on falco or significantly worse then Remy. If Remy wants out then pato is not a bad back up option or squad player. 2)he is cheap with relatively low wages. 3)he is not cup tied for champ league. 4) he has to experience at the highest level of the game, including the champions league. 5) he appears hungry to return to Europe and prove a point. 6) at This stage it is probably safe to assume that Bamford is not rated or ready - let's be honest anyone who can't break into palace with Connor wickham up top is unlikely to be ready for Chelsea. 7) he is has sell on value if he is even moderately successful...not to upset with this. Sorry for inconsistent caps... Using a dodgy Chinese phone!

It does make sense in some ways, but  I just don't feel easy about these stop-gap signings on three year deals.  It doesn't send out the right message.  I'd much rather we look at one of the people we already have.  Pato hasn't played for a while, never played in the prem, but has been good in Europe.  I think we are kidding ourselves if Europe is really where we need to be looking.

I'd rather we give one of our own a chance....wages would be about the same, knows the team and England.  Probably won a lot in Europe at U21 levels.  I think that's a more sound approach.

Roman is so clueless he's a billionaire. Wish I was that clueless and rich.

I see what you did there. 

Being a billionaire doesn't mean you are exempt from making poor decisions about football.

Personally I think he's a footballing ignoramus who surrounds him with lackeys and associates he feels comfortable with.

But that doesn't mean I don't think he's a good businessman.