Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

• 2 months later...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/17/antonio-conte-exclusive-interview-wanted-sign-lukaku-van-dijk/

if anyone has access please copy this interview here

“Stamford Bridge will always have a place in my heart. For sure. Because it was two years that I lived with a great intensity and I felt from the first day that the fans were with me in every moment.”

“To be the coach of Chelsea is not simple. You must live with great pressure, especially from the outside, but it was a pity to stop my coaching after only two seasons because I created a real link with the fans and with the players. Sometimes, you can agree because the results are negative and sometimes, you don’t understand why. But I think you must accept...”

“I keep good memories with Chelsea, the club, with Mr Abramovich, who is a very passionate man for his football. It was incredible, especially in my first season, because he was very, very close to me, asking about my football and my ideas.

“Many times he came to the training ground to meet me and I remember he wanted to watch the video about our game and about our preparation — the way we wanted to face the opponent. I think in my career, he was one of the most passionate men about football and I keep good memories about him and about the club, an important club in the world.”

“I asked for two players and we were very, very close after we won the league. One player was Romelu Lukaku, the second player was Virgil van Dijk, and these two players were very, very close. We were in contact every day and I always said that with these two players we would improve my team by 30 per cent.

“I think maybe we lost the momentum to bring Chelsea at the very top and then to stay for many years. It was a pity that it didn’t happen and Romelu is showing with Inter that my idea was right and also Van Dijk has shown with Liverpool that my idea was right for the club.”

“For sure, in my future, I want to come back to England to have another experience because I enjoyed my stay there a lot and to breathe the atmosphere in England. For me, for my family, I’d like to one day come back to England because we lived an incredible experience and we want to continue to have another experience in England.”

Conte is capable of being a great manager and coach but like Mourinho his greatest strength - himself - invariably becomes his greatest weakness.

Supposing he did get his way though, how much better off would we be? *Maybe* we get one more major trophy, but on the flip side the likes of Mount, James, Tomori etc would be nowhere near the team.

Would that be worth just one more cup? I'm not so sure.

12 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It is unlikely Conte would come back here so would be more likely to go to either Utd or Arsenal, IMO.

Good, I dont want him anywhere near us.