Romelu Lukaku

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Costa misses some games due to suspension, and it was more then few. I think it was 5 or 6 games in total for us.

You talk about mental side, but you always forget people also get mentally tough with age as well. Why you keep running from answering my question, cause you can`t argument yourself. Where was Costa and Drogba at Lukaku age?

And i don`t think Lukaku is mentally weak. That is pure b.s. First off, if you are mentally weak, you won`t be a professional and came to that football level so young. Second, did you realize he make a breakthrough to the first team of Anderlecht 16 years old?

That was kinda unheard back in 2009. Did you know how strong you have to be, not only phyiscal but mentally to break into the first team so young and to play with grown mens? I was playing football and know how tough is at that age to play with guys even 1 or 2 years older then you, forget about mens ....

In 2 season there he score 40 goals .... And he was not even 18 years old. Back then he was the biggest talent in the world, and he choice us, and we fu***** pretty hard.

When he was 19 and then 20 years old, he scored 17 and then 16 goals in 2 good loan season in the England. And you talk how he was mentally weak, really?

And whater we like it or not, Jose Mourinho fuc*** us hard, by selling him and De Bruyne. Emanalo too, by not putting Buyback clause and selling them so low. Later both was selled for almost 180mln.....

And Mourinho did this to play old, old Samuel Eto'O, what a *****. And this season we was screwed, we get nothing and finished third ....

And what you expect him to win with Everton ??? He was their best player. With better team and manager, he will become a lot more deadly and for sure will improve more, if he have the attitude, but i think he have it.

So it`s a big mess, that the board fuc*** once again and miss out Lukaku.

Once again they show us, how incompetent they are. You know that Everton are sh***, they should have act fast and get him early.
We have enough money, so the price should not be a problem.
Just from sold players we have almost 150mln. from the winter.

And this id**** will have to give 90 or even more for Morata or Belotti, and they are so far behind Lukaku. Auba for me is not the type of striker Conte want or like and i doubt we will go for him.

Torres for example was insanely good in Spain, and failed hard with us, Morata is kinda average both in Italy and in Spain, so i don`t see him as a great signing.

If you want to win the PL, you need a striker who will give you 20 or 25 goals. You win the title, by winning the matches against "lesser" team.  If you don`t have striker to win you this matches, cause Costa won a lot of such matches, then you are doomed.

Look at Liverpool, they dominate in big matches, but failed, cause not have great striker, to score regularly against smaller theam, they was f**** there and lose plenty of points against "small" team and they was 4.

Lookack interviewed today by ESPN...

It's a club that is hungry to win the league again, to be dominant in the world again," Lukaku told ESPN, who say they spoke to him after his medical.

"It's the sort of opportunity I've always wanted since a child."

"When they came calling I didn't have to think twice, so I'm really delighted to be part of history,

Who would say no to the biggest club in the world? The best stadium in England, the best fans. I mean, it's the perfect opportunity.

I always said I wanted to play for a team that's challenging for every trophy that there is there. I think Manchester United at the minute wants to be the dominant team, the dominant force.

Now it's time to work hard, work harder than I ever did before and I'm willing to do it."

Edited by doctorblue

9 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

It's a club that is hungry to win the league again, to be dominant in the world again," Lukaku told ESPN,who say they spoke to him after his medical.

"When they came calling I didn't have to think twice, so I'm really delighted to be part of history,

Who would say no to the biggest club in the world? The best stadium in England, the best fans. I mean, it's the perfect opportunity.

I always said I wanted to play for a team that's challenging for every trophy that there is there. I think Manchester United at the minute wants to be the dominant team, the dominant force.

Now it's time to work hard, work harder than I ever did before and I'm willing to do it."

After reading his statement that's just breaking on sky sports I think he was always going to united. I now wonder if we even bid on Friday night or was it Everton breaking the story to get an extra 15 million from united. 

For sure we was for him. Even Hazard said it, when say if he was to sign new contract, there won`t be money for Lukaku move.

Everyone was knowing he was our first choice, and our last minute bid shows it.

Sky and BBC report it, and they are reliable.

We was just too slow and wanted to drop the price, but it didn`t happen in our way once again.

I don`t know why Roman sacks only managers at the end of the season, when there it`s time that clearly the board mess it all. When their heads is going down ?

Why are people hurting their feelings over this.. Lukaku wanted to go there to play with his mate Pogba. Good chance for him and he's already tried Chelsea. Good luck to him and now lets focus on getting a striker of his level.

36 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

It's a club that is hungry to win the league again, to be dominant in the world again," Lukaku told ESPN, who say they spoke to him after his medical.

If he signs for us replace Manchester United with Chelsea and it's no different. I think he wants to work with Jose and unlike some think Drogba has probably pushed him in that direction as well. 

It's laughable everybody kicking off about losing out on lukaku.. when we was the favourites to get him nobody wanted him. Everyone said he doesn't suit our style of play and he's a donkey and will flop at Chelsea and the board should be sacked for forcing him on Conte !! Now UTD have got him the board should be sacked for missing out on lukaku and he was contes first choice... absolute joke people on here just moan for the sake of it 

Why are people hurting their feelings over this.. Lukaku wanted to go there to play with his mate Pogba. Good chance for him and he's already tried Chelsea. Good luck to him and now lets focus on getting a striker of his level.

Would prefer it if we aimed a little higher to be honest...

26 minutes ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

It's laughable everybody kicking off about losing out on lukaku.. when we was the favourites to get him nobody wanted him. Everyone said he doesn't suit our style of play and he's a donkey and will flop at Chelsea and the board should be sacked for forcing him on Conte !! Now UTD have got him the board should be sacked for missing out on lukaku and he was contes first choice... absolute joke people on here just moan for the sake of it 

You probably know very well that opinion was divided on Lukaku, therefore the joy/anger at not getting him is divided as well. No "nobody" or "everybody" about it. And about the board: I personally think we know zilch and moaning about the board is premature and silly, but others feel strongly about it, and they don't moan "for the sake of it", as you put it. They worry because they are involved in the welfare of the club.

Edited by Valerie

2 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

ave to agree with this he's not a 100m Striker by a long way for that kind of money id want Dybala from Juve 

18 minutes ago, venom2011 said:

Who in the world is higher? 

Higuain, Benzema, Suarez, Lewandowski, Cavani (?), Aubameyang (?), Mbappe, Aguero

How many of them are not already at top clubs / not looking to move? Sure we can aim for them..

1 hour ago, doctorblue said:

:laugh2:....the best fans, the perfect opportunity...biggest club in the world; he had the opportunity here so he was fired out by the very same manager that now thinks he is the greatest thing since slice bread....well lets just hope a lot of egg falls on a lot of faces, because this just might be Jose's undoing if things don't go well this season

Honestly think the big oaf will struggle spectacularly just like Jose at that cringe club.

dont care what anyone says he was not a Chelsea fan, if you had the chance to come back here and be the star striker that would be that. 

Blessing in disguise IF we land Morata, Bellotti or Aubemyang.

Lukaku first interview as Man Utd player shows everything you thought you knew was wrong

It was said you would destroy the dark side, not join them!

Romelu Lukaku has not yet been officially announced as a Manchester United player, but he sat down with ESPN FC in Los Angeles for an exclusive interview about just why he chose the evil empire over the club he (supposedly) supported as a boy and was (supposedly) all ready to sign for even just a couple weeks ago.

“It’s the biggest club in the world.”

Fair enough.

“This is an opportunity that I've always wanted since I was a child. When [Manchester United] came calling, I didn't have to think twice. So I'm really delighted to hopefully be part of their history."

Oh?

“Who would say no to the biggest club in the world?”

Yeah, we got it

"Best stadium in England. The best fans. This is the perfect opportunity. I always said I wanted to play for a team that's challenging for every trophy that there is.

"I think Manchester United at the minute wants to be the dominant team, that dominant force. If you look at their history, it says enough. To become part of a club like them is something that I really wanted. I'm thankful for the opportunity that they gave me.

"Now it's time to work hard, work harder than I ever did before. I'm willing to do it. Hopefully, it will come a good way."

Pouring it on a bit thick, aren’t we?

So that’s the bit that’s in the video.

In the published article, Lukaku was also asked about the role party-buddy Paul Pogba has played in tapping him up, and the former Chelsea big hope has revealed that it’s been a plan 7-8 years in the making. (Wait, what?)

"I've been talking to [Pogba] for about seven or eight years. And now he's living in Manchester. I live in Manchester. He lives like down the road from where I live, so we're together on a daily basis.”

Pogba’s words, like sweet sweet honey on the brain.

"He was explaining to me how it went at the club, and it triggered something in my head. When the opportunity came, I didn't have to think twice. I'm really excited.

“All of [the Man United players]. I think they're all top players, a good group of guys that is hungry to win trophies. And to play in front of those fans, everything is set there to perform. But, you know, I have to work harder than I'm doing now. I know the road is still far, but I'm willing to go on that path and grab the opportunity that I get."

Don’t worry, ESPN also quizzed the 24-year-old soon-to-be most expensive player in the world about reuniting with the man who didn’t think Romelu Lukaku would ever be good enough to be Romelu Lukaku.

“[Mourinho is] a guy who I wanted to play for since I was 10 years old, so now to have the opportunity to work under him again is great. We've been in contact. He explained to me how the club was like, what he expects from me.”

Go on...

"You know, we were together under different circumstances. Obviously, the first time when I met him, I was still a young kid, and I was eager to play. And he understood my decision why I left at the time. I returned on the pitch.”

"Now I'm 24. I'm a grown man. He sees the maturity that has grown throughout the years, so I'm really thankful for the opportunity he gave me again."

Whoa, what’s happening here?

“I think he wants to improve me, make me a better player than I am today, which is good. I always want to improve. I always want to work on the good stuff, but also the bad stuff. He knows how to make players better, and make from players winners as well.”

"For me, I think it's the perfect opportunity. I'm 24. I never won a major trophy, but I'm eager to win something and to be part of a team that wins trophies, and I think he's the right guy to help me in that.”

So, that’s that. Now we wait the official confirmation.

Lukaku and Mourinho visit the Bridge on the weekend of November 4. Should be fun!

f**k this garbage piece of twofaced sh*t. Hope he fails! 

"This is an opportunity that I've always wanted since I was a child"

Is that true? So that video of him walking around Stamford Bridge when he was a teenager starstruck is a load of bollox? Or is he just reeling out the usual sh*te players tend to reel out in this day and age?

The incident in LA is enough to make me glad he's not coming here. He's obviously a bighead that thinks he's above the law, and seems to be a long way up himself. 

Anyway, how many "proven" goalscorers do we have to sign to realise that statistic is not transferable. 

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

You probably know very well that opinion was divided on Lukaku, therefore the joy/anger at not getting him is divided as well. No "nobody" or "everybody" about it. And about the board: I personally think we know zilch and moaning about the board is premature and silly, but others feel strongly about it, and they don't moan "for the sake of it", as you put it. They worry because they are involved in the welfare of the club.

Ok then the majority.