Kalidou Koulibaly

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

20 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Yeah I don't think anyone can deny it was a fiasco,

On another note I don't really rate Alderweireld think he is solid but nothing special, as with most of the Tottenham squad I think Poch makes the most out of him and covers a lot of his flaws, I think Conte would do the same but don't see him as much if at all better than Cahill.

Have to disagree a bit there mate Alderweireld is probably the best CB in the PL.

• 10 months later...

Seems like we are looking at him again 

The journalist of SportItalia , Alfredo Pedullà , has released some statements to the microphones of Radio Sportivatrying to anticipate the market moves of the Naples in view of the next summer: "Koulibaly? Naples has in the past refused offers from 60, 70 million euros. Chelsea will return to the charge for the Senegalese defender next summer, and I can predict offers of at least 80 million for him ".

"Napoli, however, will not be watching, if Koulibaly will leave, a very important player will come in. At the moment, however, it is premature to name names and De Laurentiis would immediately reinvest the money collected for the defender".

Seems like we are looking at him again 
The journalist of SportItalia , Alfredo Pedullà , has released some statements to the microphones of Radio Sportivatrying to anticipate the market moves of the Naples in view of the next summer: "Koulibaly? Naples has in the past refused offers from 60, 70 million euros. Chelsea will return to the charge for the Senegalese defender next summer, and I can predict offers of at least 80 million for him ".
"Napoli, however, will not be watching, if Koulibaly will leave, a very important player will come in. At the moment, however, it is premature to name names and De Laurentiis would immediately reinvest the money collected for the defender".
I'd imagine we have never stopped. If we are moving to a more possession based manager in the summer then he is an essential purchase. Superb on the ball and big enough to dominate in the PL also.

Will take a VVD like fee to get him i'd imagine. Although we might be able to get something for Luiz who is surely moving on in the summer.

On 25/04/2018 at 16:02, dan_cfc said:

Imagine the pace and power with him in Rudiger at the back.

Throw in a very technically gifted CB like Christensen and we'd be set

Azpi........Christensen........Koulibaly/Rudiger.........Emerson

Under a manager like Sarri that would be a quality defence 

He virtually gifted the Scudetto to Juventus a few days ago in Fiorentina’s 3-0 win over Napoli with poor defensive judgement . this just a few days after his heroic status with his late winner when Napoli beat Juve 0-1 to reduce the gap to a point.

Unquestionably a fine defender but is prone to the odd blunder. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Am happy with the transfer ban, it probably makes it impossible for us to ever get Koulibaly. If we are going to spend crazy money for a defender, he should be within the ages of 24 to 27, not someone who is older. Besides, I haven't seen much to convince me Koulibaly can be a world class defender. He will really struggle especially in the EPL if any team sign him for a ridiculous fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much a bigger, stronger Zouma. Not sure if hes worth anywhere near the price being touted. 

I feel like these smaller clubs just put ridiculous prices on, simply because of teams like PSG, Utd and City mainly throwing huge sums without a care in the world. 

• 1 month later...

21 hours ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Sorry don’t rate either player tbh. They’re the very definition of mediocrity. No wonder we are where we are. Battling for 4th spot and bagging the odd cup. 

Why didn’t we give Empadu a chance? He’s better than these two clowns combined imho. 

Your attempt at spelling Ampadu's name is mediocre

41 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Can see Chelsea going for Koulibaly or Skriniar next summer.

We desperately need a leader at the back and we have the money now, lets be honest.

Didn't ADL say that 100m is enough to sign him?

Now you’re talking. 

Sadly i feel if we don’t make CL next season players of that caliber will be out of our reach. 

Edited by chelsea_true_blue

4 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

By design, doing you a favor and taking the focus off of your crazy opinions of our defenders.

Not doing yourself a favour though. Making yourself look rather ignorant and foolish. If you have a counter argument make it. If not then don’t waste my time with irrelevant sh*t, pal. If you can’t handle other people’s opinions then forums such as this aren’t for you. 

5 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Not doing yourself a favour though. Making yourself look rather ignorant and foolish. If you have a counter argument make it. If not then don’t waste my time with irrelevant sh*t, pal. If you can’t handle other people’s opinions then forums such as this aren’t for you. 

You literally called our players garbage and then clowns, 2 really good players at that, forgive me that I'd rather point out that you can't spell a player's name correctly (a player on a team that you are a fan of) rather than make a counterpoint.  Not to mention your complaining about competing for top 4 and bagging a cup - do you not like trophies?

28 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

You literally called our players garbage and then clowns, 2 really good players at that, forgive me that I'd rather point out that you can't spell a player's name correctly (a player on a team that you are a fan of) rather than make a counterpoint.  Not to mention your complaining about competing for top 4 and bagging a cup - do you not like trophies?

Yes I called Rudiger and Christensen mediocre & clowns because that is my subjective opinion. Neither player is even a nailed on starter for their national teams. I think we can do a lot better. We’ve gone from Terry and Carvalho to those two? Standards have dropped considerably and that shouldn’t be the case for a club like CFC. Forgive me for not sharing your optimism.

As for my little typo, what are you the grammar police??! Why get hung up on such an irrelevant issue? Just makes you look petty. 

And yes winning trophies like the FA cup and Europa league is nice and all but ultimately it’s the premier league and CL triumph where the true measure of success lies. I want to be competing for those titles. We won’t be doing that any time soon with your Rudigers, Christensens and Girouds. Forgive me for showing some ambition. 

6 minutes ago, chelsea_true_blue said:

Yes I called Rudiger and Christensen mediocre & clowns because that is my subjective opinion. Neither player is even a nailed on starter for their national teams. I think we can do a lot better. We’ve gone from Terry and Carvalho to those two? Standards have dropped considerably and that shouldn’t be the case for a club like CFC. Forgive me for not sharing your optimism.

As for my little typo, what are you the grammar police??! Why get hung up on such an irrelevant issue? Just makes you look petty. 

And yes winning trophies like the FA cup and Europa league is nice and all but ultimately it’s the premier league and CL triumph where the true measure of success lies. I want to be competing for those titles. We won’t be doing that any time soon with your Rudigers, Christensens and Girouds. Forgive me for showing some ambition. 

It took reading just one of your posts to realize you're clearly a troll. Oh well, on ignore you go...