Chelsea Vs Arsenal (FA Cup Final) 27/05 2017 KO 17:30 GMT

4 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

if i remember rightly, did they not beat us 2-0 last time we played them in the final?

Yep, remember going to that one on bloody crutches, was a real struggle that day.

Still think Cardiff is brilliant for cup finals though, lots of decent surrounding pubs and what not.

1 minute ago, Seven Times said:

Yep, remember going to that one on bloody crutches, was a real struggle that day.

Still think Cardiff is brilliant for cup finals though, lots of decent surrounding pubs and what not.

well pay back time is well in order !! we got united back for when they did us in the final, now time to put another nail in wengers coffin !!

We shouldn't get cocky about beating them. We've seen our team patched up before defying the odds. We just need to play our game as we would anyway and not get over excited.

At worst case they'll probably start Mertesacker and Holding at CB. Unless they play a 3 then they would put Monreal in there.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

48 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

Still struggling with a hamstring strain...Oxlaide Chamberlain should be fit but Gibbs is a doubt too with a thigh strain...so at best they'll play a back three of Mustafi, Holding and Mertsesker...

Mustafi has concussion aswell so he looks likely to miss too. Monreal will be in that back three I imagine.

I think we need to slow down a little on beating them 3 or 4 nil. Im optimistic too but they still have Sanchez and Cech. Both are capable of pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

I don't think its unreasonable to see Sanchez score or Pete stonewall us. I don't think it will happen but this may be tougher than some of us seem to think. 

Think this will be harder than imagined. Its last chance saloon for arsenal...They will get tough on our key players.....I believe we ll win it in extra time.... Definately would panic if it went to penalties against cech....Blue should be the colour of ribbons on that cup

5 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I don't think its unreasonable to see Sanchez score or Pete stonewall us. I don't think it will happen but this may be tougher than some of us seem to think. 

I think everyone is confident because our team is full of players who are all proven at the very top level, with enough silverware to fill a lorry. Whereas they have a couple of players who fit that criteria. Of course this does not mean we will win, but it does explain the confidence amongst our fans.

3 hours ago, coco said:

I think everyone is confident because our team is full of players who are all proven at the very top level, with enough silverware to fill a lorry. Whereas they have a couple of players who fit that criteria. Of course this does not mean we will win, but it does explain the confidence amongst our fans.

Im confident as well but alot are saying we're going to kill them, 4-0, we'll smash them. Sounds like Spurs fans before their tie against us. Think it's a little over confident 

15 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Im confident as well but alot are saying we're going to kill them, 4-0, we'll smash them. Sounds like Spurs fans before their tie against us. Think it's a little over confident 

Big difference between our fans getting confident on the verge of another major title, and spuds fans wetting their pants everytime they go to Wembley, poor things need TENA in thier lives.

Yeah cannot see it being as easy as some are thinking on here. They are desperate. They lost their place in the top 4 and only beating the champions in the final will offer their season any good ending. 

Conte is right, motivation is key. If our players are up for it I think we win. If they are still in party mode we will lose. 

If we are at it we are a much better side. I never get too confident though especially in a cup final where anything can happen.

They are missing some key players but it still wont be easy. I'll go with 3-1 to us. 1-1 by HT and then 2-1 by the 60th mark only for Cesc to top it off top bins around the 80th and celebrate infront of the gooners.. brilliant

I think we will win the game but this is cup final and as we all know - cup finals ain't easy!  Obviously Arsenal have been working to fix up their defense problems and will be ready for a 90 min display in Wembley.  People are talking like their defense will be completely useless but I doubt that very much.  They can easily shift it around and be very balanced:

Cech

Bellerin Mustafi Holding

Oxlade    Xhaka    Ramsey        Monreal

Ozil Giroud[Welbz] Sanchez

They can throw in  Theo, Elneny Coq if they wish and this is actually a strong team.  We need to be at our best and very solid to beat them and lift the CUP.  Wont be an easy game but we should get the job done!

Heard a good point which sort of kills the idea of starting Michy, simple fact is Arsenal sh*t themselves every time Costa is on the pitch, I can't see that changing. I do hope Michy comes on though, he's earned it and he could be deadly in the last 15/20 minutes.

Gooners at my work are proper sh*tting it! big & brave when I chat with them but overheard a couple mention that Hazard could Pull Mertesackers hamstrings by just looking at him in the warm up!

As a fan I hope complacency ain't an issue but The boys have been professional all season and with our Gaffa.......NO CHANCE! UTB!!!