Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Looking at the Spurs lineup, this could be a tight game. 1-0 Spurs or 2-1 Spurs. What an amazing night for Newport County Football Club. Not everyday you stroll out to play at Wembley. They've already had their Fa Cup Final. 

Edited by Famous CFC

English players may be the "masters" of diving, says Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Tottenham's Dele Alli was booked for diving in Sunday's draw at Liverpool.

Team-mate Harry Kane was accused of diving by Reds defender Virgil van Dijk in winning a penalty.

Wenger said: "I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it, but the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now."

ha ha has he a point? i think he has 

Edited by luckywerthers

They're the masters of not being criticised for it, Rooney was one of the worst divers in the league for United, even worse than Drogba but he always escaped criticism when Drogba didn't. 

The pundits in this country are ridiculously biased. I'll never forget that moment when Martin Keown attempted to justify Wayne Rooney's dive in the F.A Cup a few years ago, nobody could outright say the England captain dived. 

Spurs players, particularly Kane, Dier & Alli have gotten away with murder over the years, how can we ever forget that night when Kane & Dier should have been sent off. 

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

They're the masters of not being criticised for it, Rooney was one of the worst divers in the league for United, even worse than Drogba but he always escaped criticism when Drogba didn't. 

The pundits in this country are ridiculously biased. I'll never forget that moment when Martin Keown attempted to justify Wayne Rooney's dive in the F.A Cup a few years ago, nobody could outright say the England captain dived. 

Spurs players, particularly Kane, Dier & Alli have gotten away with murder over the years, how can we ever forget that night when Kane & Dier should have been sent off. 

Have to narrow that one down a bit, it’s every other game isn’t it?

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Wenger does have a point to, but he's disgustingly hypocritical considering every time his players dive he doesn't see it, and his teams have often been the worst for it. 

No, he's highly principled. Don't you remember him slamming Pires for diving and saying he'd never view that Arsenal side as invincible because that draw v Portsmouth was tarnished?

No, nor do I.

15 hours ago, luckywerthers said:

English players may be the "masters" of diving, says Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger.

Tottenham's Dele Alli was booked for diving in Sunday's draw at Liverpool.

Team-mate Harry Kane was accused of diving by Reds defender Virgil van Dijk in winning a penalty.

Wenger said: "I remember there were tremendous cases here when foreign players did it, but the English players have learned very quickly and they might even be the masters now."

ha ha has he a point? i think he has 

Brilliant stuff here from Wenger. It's a top wind-up, he's taking the piss out of Tottenham, and on top of that he's absolutely right!

Troy deeney not banned for making gestures to the chelsea fans at watford. There's always banter between the fans and players, but it only seems to be one way. Some of the sh*t fans give players during the game is a bit OTT, so imo it's all fair to give some in return. No need for the hurrah

Edited by enigma

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Troy deeney not banned for making gestures to the chelsea fans at watford. There's always banter between the fans and players, but it only seems to be one way. Some of the sh*t fans give players during the game is a bit OTT, so imo it's all fair to give some in return. No need for the hurrah

I'd say there is a difference. The fans are paying a large sum of their money to be there, the footballer is receiving a hell of a lot more money and have all the eyes on them so should contain themselves. 

Morata was booked for celebrating by sticking the football up his shirt. 

Deeney throws up his middle fingers for all the world to see and... no punishment. 

I mean, they fined/suspended Rooney once cause he was caught on camera yelling "f**k off". 

It's the inconsistency that's the frustration, as always. 

Troy Deeney behind closed doors is probably a nice, down to earth family man. But on the pitch he seems a little bit up his own ass, and slightly irritating. In a certain sense he's writing checks he can't cash. Also, Troy, you are playing for Watford were your only chance of success is if you got relegated and won the Championship. So actually, the middle finger gesture you made may have been better directed at yourself and your club. 

16 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

Troy Deeney behind closed doors is probably a nice, down to earth family man. But on the pitch he seems a little bit up his own ass, and slightly irritating. In a certain sense he's writing checks he can't cash. Also, Troy, you are playing for Watford were your only chance of success is if you got relegated and won the Championship. So actually, the middle finger gesture you made may have been better directed at yourself and your club. 

According to some Watford fans i know, the middle finger was aimed at them not us.

Why are Real Madrid obsessed with getting Premier League goalkeepers that'll cost them over 100 million?

Why not just bite the bullet like Barcelona did with Ter Stegan and Clissen and just sign a young promising goalkeeper, Donnarumma looks very promising. 

De Gea will definitely cost them roughly 150 million, and I would hate our board if we decided to sell Courtois for less than Pogba. 

i tell you what, i have never known a football channel like arsenalfantv to have gained so many subscribers in a short space of time. i remember about 2-3 weeks ago the channel had just over 600k subs, but now they have 662k subs. i don't usually put much importance into social media and youtube, but to gain 60k+ subs in that short space of time is impressive. kudos to robbie, he's obviously doing something right. i know of other channels unrelated to football, but still popular, such as travel vlogs and food vlogs which only have 50-60k subs and been going for 1-2 years. even the chelsea fan tv channel has about 40k subs and they've been around for a year.

4 hours ago, enigma said:

i tell you what, i have never known a football channel like arsenalfantv to have gained so many subscribers in a short space of time. i remember about 2-3 weeks ago the channel had just over 600k subs, but now they have 662k subs. i don't usually put much importance into social media and youtube, but to gain 60k+ subs in that short space of time is impressive. kudos to robbie, he's obviously doing something right. i know of other channels unrelated to football, but still popular, such as travel vlogs and food vlogs which only have 50-60k subs and been going for 1-2 years. even the chelsea fan tv channel has about 40k subs and they've been around for a year.

I think one of the reasons why a youtube channel may grow that rapidly is because of established personalities that are featured in the videos. Their most viewed videos are usually the ones where Troopz/Claude/DT have a rant or just appear in general. Gotta love the banter when they get hammered by pub sides, priceless reactions. Robbie as well seems like a humble chap and likeable really. Just a really friendly, funny entertaining bunch of people on AFTV though I haven't been following them as much recently. As a regular user of youtube myself I tend to subscribe to those who are interesting and not boring to watch/listen to. 

Edited by zes

5 hours ago, enigma said:

He's not doing much really. For his channel to succeed, he needs his team to lose and for the fans to lose their minds, that's it really. No set of fans take a defeat worse than Arsenal fans, so they are the ones that get the most attention.