Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Stim said:

Or perhaps Germany is a weaker league.

No it’s not! Seems whenever a loanee does well in a foreign league, the narrative shifts. Goals win games & our manager has loaned out a goal scorer.

For our own sake I pray Giroud scores now Morata has taken a sabbatical. An Arsenal fan told me about a 3mth stretch when Giroud couldn’t hit the back of the net as a starter for them.

If Conte doesn't try this City formation there's no hope for him imho. Emerson can play in Zinchenko's position (the inverted left back), or Azpi can do the same at RB. Willian and Hazard as the 'floating #8' (i.e. De Bruyne's position), Kante as the DM, Moses/Alonso/Pedro at RW/LW. Most likely we'd f**k it up but at least we'd have it given it a go.
3-4-3 against bottom of the table West Brom who will look fantastic against us and probably win, he will not change he's been like this since Juventus days

The Premier League hasn't been competitive for the last 4 years if we are being honest. The last 4 teams to win it have walked the title with no real clinch. 

We've done it twice, Leicester went unchallenged, City have went unchallenged. 

Basically the Premier League has been crap. 

17 minutes ago, Slojo said:

The Premier League hasn't been competitive for the last 4 years if we are being honest. The last 4 teams to win it have walked the title with no real clinch. 

We've done it twice, Leicester went unchallenged, City have went unchallenged. 

Basically the Premier League has been crap. 

I don’t know, 2/4 of those seasons were pretty awesome for me :laugh2:

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

So many teams are awful at playing it out from the back. If you can't do it consistently enough, why bother? 

Exactly, it infuriates me, it's a if every team is coached the same way. Last academy game I watched, I actually saw proper defending and I couldn't believe my eyes. If Leicester weren't so intent in playing it out from the back, it would be 2-1 and they'd have a chance of getting something.

The infamous Premier League is turning into a pub league, if it isn't one already. Aside from the top 6, the remaining teams are dreadful. Even in the top 6 you have calamities such as Liverpool and Arsenal who compete for the award of worst defensive performances displayed during the season. Burnley are the only other team outside the top 6 who are decent. 

On 09/02/2018 at 10:23, enigma said:

Troy deeney not banned for making gestures to the chelsea fans at watford. There's always banter between the fans and players, but it only seems to be one way. Some of the sh*t fans give players during the game is a bit OTT, so imo it's all fair to give some in return. No need for the hurrah

Calling for a player to be banned for making a gesture to the crowd is pathetic quite honestly. A player shouldn't do it but lets be honest here, some of the vile hatred, vitriol and abuse spat out by some fans against opposition players at most games is clear to see and sickening.

If any of us was facing that kind of abuse week in week out can you honestly say you wouldn't react now and then ?