Antonio Rudiger

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, RMH said:

According to the Spanish sports newspaper As, Real Madrid are tracking Rudiger and would be interested in getting him on a free next season.

PSG, like Real, have put proposals to Rudigers agent.

He is considering these. Has told TT he is fully committed for the season however his next deal is likely his last big, long term deal and he wants to get it right. Chelsea managers come and go quickly and he went from being fully out of favour to back in quickly. So he is less than sure a long term commitment will see him get maximum game time.

35 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

He is considering these. Has told TT he is fully committed for the season however his next deal is likely his last big, long term deal and he wants to get it right. Chelsea managers come and go quickly and he went from being fully out of favour to back in quickly. So he is less than sure a long term commitment will see him get maximum game time.

In Real Madrid he's got to compete with Alaba and Militao, who will probably be the starting CBs this season and will get established. And I don't think that Madrid plays with a back 3 very often for him to get into the defence. At PSG they have Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Ramos... Not sure he's got more chances in any of those teams than at Chelsea. But I see his point from what you mention.

On 13/08/2021 at 13:51, axman2526 said:

Apparently for him to sign a new contract with Chelsea he wants a payrise that would make him one of the club's top earners. He'll be 29 at the end of the season so handing a bumper pay rise to player who will be 33/34 by the time the deal expires isn't typically what Chelsea would do. 

Unless player and club can meet in the middle over his demands then I think there's a good chance he walks for free at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently for him to sign a new contract with Chelsea he wants a payrise that would make him one of the club's top earners. He'll be 29 at the end of the season so handing a bumper pay rise to player who will be 33/34 by the time the deal expires isn't typically what Chelsea would do. 

Unless player and club can meet in the middle over his demands then I think there's a good chance he walks for free at the end of the season. 

Given one of the offers he has on the table is PSG, who can offer a lot of money as we once more saw with Messi, I expect he will be letting the club know just how much he could earn elsewhere, while also pointing out how much we spent on Lukaku.

I think if we want to keep him it would be smart to not hand out a 5 year deal rather a 3 year one in case he declines or TT leaves.

I agree though I think he leaves, as does Christensen imo. Chalobah gives us one replacement. I think our backline is going to go through some changes over the next two seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

On 13/08/2021 at 20:51, axman2526 said:

I am pretty sure he will leave for free, It is pretty clear that the number that psg or rm offered is way above what we are willing to give him. 

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Totally unhappy about scenario of Rudi maybe not signing an extension, pay him what he’s worth, he’s started season magnificently..

Apparently wants a contract that would put him amongst the top earners at the club. 

The club wage bill is being well managed at the moment. We have the lowest wage growth of the other top 6 sides. Throwing large contracts at everyone who ask for one would undo a lot of good work the club have done. 

Not renewing Drinkwater's contract this year will probably help as part of wage reductions along with Zappacosta leaving on a permenant deal and hopefully AC Milan buying Bakayoko. 

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

I am pretty sure he will leave for free, It is pretty clear that the number that psg or rm offered is way above what we are willing to give him. 

Report are we are offering Rudi a 50% increase to his current deal, PSG have gone the highest at two and a half times his current deal. Rudi wants us to match that.

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Report are we are offering Rudi a 50% increase to his current deal, PSG have gone the highest at two and a half times his current deal. Rudi wants us to match that.

Hmm, I think it is going to be  difficult for us to even come close to psg offer. 

Edited by Bob stark

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

Hmm, I think it is going to be  difficult for us to even come close to psg offer. 

Don’t think we should even try to. I’d have thought 50% sounds fair but we shouldn’t go into competition with clubs like PSG.

I dunno, he's a leader kinda guy who just about reached his peak and knows the club inside out. With Thiago gone we're missing that big time and even if we'd sign another LCB (doubt that Koundé is the answer for LCB from what I've learned) elite defender who knows how long it'll take to get into this role.

I doubt that the last word is spoken yet but it be a big miss if he's really leaving.

1 hour ago, goose said:

Don’t think we should even try to. I’d have thought 50% sounds fair but we shouldn’t go into competition with clubs like PSG.

Indeed.

He is said to be one of our "lowest" earners and I don't know how much he is on right now, only that PSGs offer is said to be more than 200k a week.

So maybe he is currently on around 80k and we are offering 120k?

41 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

But is 200k that outrageous? Kai, Timo, Kante and Lukaku reportedly all earn significantly than that, so I think 200k would be deserved. He's a leader and has been one of our best players these last 9 months. He was also very good under Conte and Sarri before that.

Depends I guess. No disrespect intend by if Rudiger is paid that so should Mendy be, and Christensen, and Kova etc.

Imagine the squad where all the very good players are paid a minimum 200k, then the likes of Mount and Kova and Jorgi will feel they deserve 300k, then players like Mendy, Lukaku, Kante 400k. Our wage bill would be horrendous 

29 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Depends I guess. No disrespect intend by if Rudiger is paid that so should Mendy be, and Christensen, and Kova etc.

Imagine the squad where all the very good players are paid a minimum 200k, then the likes of Mount and Kova and Jorgi will feel they deserve 300k, then players like Mendy, Lukaku, Kante 400k. Our wage bill would be horrendous 

Mhm you're right that we have to be careful not to inflate our wage bill. But if Rüdiger keeps performing like this, then he's worth it. If we buy a hyped prospect like Kounde, then I doubt he would earn a lot less than 200k. Chilwell is reportedly on 190k. Also I feel like Rüdiger isn't just any player. He's a leader who drives the team forward and seems to be well liked in the dressing room. I think it would be hard to replace him. On top of that he's one of our senior players and on current form one of our best players so I feel he deserves a nice little pay rise.

5 minutes ago, True Blue23 said:

Mhm you're right that we have to be careful not to inflate our wage bill. But if Rüdiger keeps performing like this, then he's worth it. If we buy a hyped prospect like Kounde, then I doubt he would earn a lot less than 200k. Chilwell is reportedly on 190k. Also I feel like Rüdiger isn't just any player. He's a leader who drives the team forward and seems to be well liked in the dressing room. I think it would be hard to replace him. On top of that he's one of our senior players and on current form one of our best players so I feel he deserves a nice little pay rise.

He does deserve one I agree, we just don't know exactly what PSG is offering to know if we could match it or not. For all we know they have offered him 350k

Rudi has been our best player since the turn of year and deserves a significant pay rise, but the club shouldn't be held to ransom with threats  to leave if he doesn't get what he wants. Talk of 200 k a week is just stupid money, but so are the wages for the rather average Chilwell and and few others. 

It's a difficult decision to make by the club though! Another one on the horizon is what to do with Kante and Pulisic. As good as they both are, what use are they when they are constantly getting injured? We can get by without Kante, but a fit and in form Pulisic is the only player we have with skills to actually run at defenders and skin them. Been such a disappointing signing.

4 hours ago, True Blue23 said:

But is 200k that outrageous? Kai, Timo, Kante and Lukaku reportedly all earn significantly than that, so I think 200k would be deserved. He's a leader and has been one of our best players these last 9 months. He was also very good under Conte and Sarri before that.

I was just going to post something similar. If it's indeed true that Werner is earning 20million Euros (outrageous if true), then nobody can begrudge Rudiger for asking for much similar wages

5 hours ago, JM7 said:

I would be cautious about offering him a long term mega money deal with his injury record. He’s in a good period of form and has been largely consistent but I dont think he’s world class. 

Let's measure centre-halves against a prime JT and Gallas, and also an aging but imperious Marcel Desailly and Tiago Silva.

If you could just stand still Mr Rudiger whilst I run the tape over you. Thank you. And the inside leg measurement please. Thank you.

You may leave Mr Rudiger.

44 minutes ago, just said:

Let's measure centre-halves against a prime JT and Gallas, and also an aging but imperious Marcel Desailly and Tiago Silva.

If you could just stand still Mr Rudiger whilst I run the tape over you. Thank you. And the inside leg measurement please. Thank you.

You may leave Mr Rudiger.

He's not in the same league as a primetime Terry or Gallas, but I'd rate him as good as any current CB below VVD. I'd also rate Christensen at that level too.

3 hours ago, wally said:

Rudi has been our best player since the turn of year and deserves a significant pay rise, but the club shouldn't be held to ransom with threats  to leave if he doesn't get what he wants. Talk of 200 k a week is just stupid money, but so are the wages for the rather average Chilwell and and few others. 

It's a difficult decision to make by the club though! Another one on the horizon is what to do with Kante and Pulisic. As good as they both are, what use are they when they are constantly getting injured? We can get by without Kante, but a fit and in form Pulisic is the only player we have with skills to actually run at defenders and skin them. Been such a disappointing signing.

If anything the mega deal CHO is on and offering next to nothing to the side likely makes players who do a lot like Rudiger go "hang on a minute".