WC 2018

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, robdog said:

it helps when the opposition GK is trying his best Robert Green impression

Honestly it doesn't take away anything from Ronaldo, lets not be stupid enough to talk bad about De Gea that has been insane for such a long time, it's not like some scrub scored 3 against him it was Ronaldo, one of the all time greats.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Honestly it doesn't take away anything from Ronaldo, lets not be stupid enough to talk bad about De Gea that has been insane for such a long time, it's not like some scrub scored 3 against him it was Ronaldo, one of the all time greats.

What do you Brits call it? A howler :Troll_Face:

1 hour ago, robdog said:

What do you Brits call it? A howler :Troll_Face:

Like I said, considering that De Gea has been amazing for such a long time, it's beyond ridiculous to flame him after CR7 scored. And I'm not a brit either.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I hope Messi is just as up for it as Ronaldo is. I would love to see the pair of them have great tournaments. I want to see the best of the best.

Totally agree Scott, great players show up in the main tournament. Ronaldo dragged Portugal along tonight in a similar way to what Maradona did for the Argies in 86. We need Messi to now do the same,so we can talk about them fully in the same breathe as other greats who have graced the world cup.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Like I said, considering that De Gea has been amazing for such a long time, it's beyond ridiculous to flame him after CR7 scored. And I'm not a brit either.

whatever but this is what I saw today

giphy.gif

Edited by robdog

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

He f**ked up in Euro 2016 aswell and was partly responsible for United's CL exit last season.

In European and international football he still has everything to prove, and that's putting it mildly.

Just now, Argo said:

He f**ked up in Euro 2016 aswell and was partly responsible for United's CL exit last season.

In European and international football he still has everything to prove, and that's putting it mildly.

That doesn't take away the fact that Ronaldo just entered the G.O.A.T discussion after this performance with his hat-trick, thank you very much.

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

That doesn't take away the fact that Ronaldo just entered the G.O.A.T discussion after this performance with his hat-trick, thank you very much.

Hey? What's that got to do with DDG still has it all to prove on the big stage.

@Gol15 the main reason why I am LMAO is that the dirty red press always puts out there that De Gea is The Best GK playing in England - Just like Pogba is the Greatest MF - Just like Jones & Smalling are the Best CB pairing - I am on a Chelsea Site, so let me have my moments of fun - don't think the dirty red mancs didn't clown Chelsea when they won the shootout in Moscow

9 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

@robdog No problem mate, from what I read their own fans don't know if they should praise Ronaldo so that he comes back to them or if they should make excuses for De Gea :biggrin:

laughs_zpstdxtgcie.jpg

Edited by robdog

I don't care even if Messi scores 15 goals at this tournament. Having Higauin, Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Icardi etc makes you absolute ridiculous if you fail. And God, he has failed so many freaking times. Never get a title, any title,  with such a squad and at the same time Cristiano carrying scrubs like Guedes, Quaresma, A. Silva, Joao Mario to very prestigious performances and cups(yes, a Euro cup 10x harder to win than Copa Amerika) - I just don't see how Messi could get out of this tournament with better appraisal than Cristiano. 

Last 3 years made it pretty clear about the greatest player of all time. And even the media and its propaganda, preceding Messi everywhere, can't help this guy. He has lost. 

6 hours ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

I don't care even if Messi scores 15 goals at this tournament. Having Higauin, Dybala, Di Maria, Aguero, Icardi etc makes you absolute ridiculous if you fail. And God, he has failed so many freaking times. Never get a title, any title,  with such a squad and at the same time Cristiano carrying scrubs like Guedes, Quaresma, A. Silva, Joao Mario to very prestigious performances and cups(yes, a Euro cup 10x harder to win than Copa Amerika) - I just don't see how Messi could get out of this tournament with better appraisal than Cristiano. 

Last 3 years made it pretty clear about the greatest player of all time. And even the media and its propaganda, preceding Messi everywhere, can't help this guy. He has lost. 

Well, you can't really blame Messi for that, 64 goals in 124 games is pretty damn good. He's been brilliant for Argentina, it's the others that are underachieving. They are both greats of the game, but nobody has wowed people the same way Messi has in the last 10 years. 

14 minutes ago, coco said:

VARcical

Nobody is going to change my mind about VAR, it's not going to work because the people in charge are still not getting it right. I have seen it used in the Confederations Cup, FA Cup and now World Cup and the same problems exist.

30 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Nobody is going to change my mind about VAR, it's not going to work because the people in charge are still not getting it right. I have seen it used in the Confederations Cup, FA Cup and now World Cup and the same problems exist.

Seemed to work pretty well today for me, the Aussie made contact with Griezmann's trailing leg. Clear pen.

8 minutes ago, the special one said:

Seemed to work pretty well today for me, the Aussie made contact with Griezmann's trailing leg. Clear pen.

The ball had gone by the time he felt his back leg touched, so inevitably he dived in desperation, shame the ref saw that as "clear and obvious" as it was anything but.