WC 2018

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

We are so unlucky in the US to have Ian Wright as a commentator on Fox Sports prior to World Cup matches.  God, he is awful.   He was going on about how Kaylor Navas is not really a good keeper, and Alexi Lalas, another commentator here in the US, put him in his place.   How can such a moron have a job as a commentator for such a big tournament as the World Cup?  He can barely speak coherently in any event, separate from his inane comments.  

On 16/06/2018 at 12:27, Scott Harris said:

Well, you can't really blame Messi for that, 64 goals in 124 games is pretty damn good. He's been brilliant for Argentina, it's the others that are underachieving. They are both greats of the game, but nobody has wowed people the same way Messi has in the last 10 years. 

There's no denying his skill, but he rarely turns up in the big matches.  It looks like he doesn't (or can't) do it on the big stage, when it really matters.

What would peoples preferred starting 11 be tonight if we go for a three at the back as expected?

Pickford

Walker  Cahill  Maguire

Trippier   Dier   Henderson   Young

Sterling

Kane   Vardy

Christ i didn't realise how painfully average we are at CB/CM until i typed this team out. 

Edited by RIP Mourinho

5 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Maybe something like this, but Alli and RLC switched positions, as the BBC tem thing wouldn't let me put RLC on the wing

england-xi-tunisia-f44ae8a0901f62bc3c9da

We've got some f**king bang average players though, it's hard to choose.

Your front three are anything but average, we would welcome all three to the Bridge with open arms, and the wingers.

My guess would be something like 

Pickford

Walker - Cahill - Maguire

Alexander-Arnold - Henderson - Dier - Rose

Alli - Kane - Sterling

The current England side is lacking in central midfield. When you think that previous you had the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Carrick to pick between it's pretty slim pickings now isn't it?  

Which is a shame because I think our forward options are as good as they have been for quite a while. 

Has any national team improved their quality tbh? I don't think any of the top 10 national sides have been able to replace their previous elite level players. The quality of players around the world doesn't seem to be as vast any more, for whatever reason. 

Re England, I don't think we can really tell, Southgate appears to be building a young unified team without too many egos (Alli behave yourself!) yet we can't tell from friendlies only once we kick off. 

Tunisia supposedly have a ten match unbeaten stretch if I heard right so expect many changes if it is 0-0 until late.