Norwich Vs Chelsea (FA) Sat Jan 6th 2018 17:30 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

No mucking about. This is away and we need the fa cup as the league is gone and we have little chance against barca imo.

Willy

Azpi

Luiz

Rudiger

Zappa

Kante

Drinkwater

Alonso

Pedro

Batman 

Hudson-odoi

Ampadu, kenedy, willian used if things are going well. Hazard and cesc if not.

Really unsure which was Conte will go with this ... theoretically a 2nd XI Chelsea team should beat Everton but who knows on his decision.

I'd say we will see.

Willy

Rudiger Ampadu Cahill

Zappa  Drinkwater Baka   Kenedy

Hudson Odoi     Pedro

Bats 

Bench: Eduardo, Sterling, Clarke Salter, Cesc, Willian, Morata, Christiensen (Scott, Palmer, Ugbo, etc. would be fun!) 

To be honest It could be anything 

I would like to see one of  Hudson Odoi & Musonda  aswell as Ampardu play prominent roles and Sterling and Clarke Salter to be at least on the bench.

The likes of Palmer, Scott, Castillo (maybe), Ugbo around but unlikely.... with Ugbo and Palmer I'm not really sure what our plans are for them

19 hours ago, didierforever said:

Time to rest. Dont care about this. Have much bigger things - arsenal x2, city, united, barca x2. 

Willy

Rudi Luiz Ampadu

Zappa Drinkwater Cesc Baba

Willian Michy Pedro

I would be devastated for us to go out the FA Cup. Such a prestigious trophy and one we have not one for a while and a genuine chance of winning silverware. How can you not Didier??

4 hours ago, STATS said:

I would be devastated for us to go out the FA Cup. Such a prestigious trophy and one we have not one for a while and a genuine chance of winning silverware. How can you not Didier??

Because top4, CL and even the semi finals of the carling cup is far more important as of this moment. If we play the likes of Hazard, morata, Kante in this game, lets take a look at what the future holds for them:

Norwich - 6th

Arsenal -11th

Leicester - 13th

Brighton - 20th

Arsenal - 25th

Bournemouth - 1st

And this is after an already hectic christmas period. Priorities have to be set, and CURRENTLY a 3rd round FA cup tie has to be the least out of the 4. Now some people like the know-it-all who quoted me, might not understand despite him apparently going to watch games and having a far better understanding of the game, but these players need some rest and this is the perfect game to give it to them, moreover its games and early round ties like these where the squad players need to be given an opportunity. If michy does not get a start here, then we might as well sell/loan him out.

Edited by didierforever

It's simply impossible to win or even compete every competition, I reckon the priority is League, CL ( that's what the big boss wants), the league cup ( since we are already in the semi), and FA cup. Conte will still send out a good team, and we should beat Norwich easily, however I'm completely fine with it if he leaves only half of the first team in the FA cup campaign, even if we play United next up.

Still love the cup but being a championship side we can definitely rotate here!

Ampadu deserves a game after his last one for us. Would be nice to see some youth (Clarke-Salter, Sterling, Hudson-Odoi etc.) and Baba if he’s fit enough on the bench.

Willy

Rudiger Ampadu Luiz

Zappa Drinkwater Baka Kennedy

Pedro Batshuayi Musonda

4 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

If we look at the fixtures @didierforever has posted the only crunch I see is facing Leicester 2 days after playing Arsenal in the cup, the rest we have enough days to recover.

We have to take into the account the current levels of fatigue in the players. Hazard and Cesc looked bloody knackered by the time they were subbed. We have been playing every 3/4 games for almost a month now. And given the status of the squad, we have barely rotated. 

Hazard, Alonso, Kante - if fit have played all the games bar 1 or 2. Christensen is coming off a small niggle. We need to rest these players and more for the coming matches.

I'd go for intelligent rotation as we face le arse on wednesday. Also, Norwich are a mid table championship team sitting 13th. their current form is the following : LLWDW. Including a loss at home against Brentford. My formation :

Caballero

Rudi ampadu Luiz

zappa drinkvodka baka kenedy

pedro batman willian

League cup is the first trophy of the season we could win. FA cup could be another trophy we could win too. These two cups are our biggest chances to win anything this season unless we pull a miracle against barça of course ! Or an unexpected remontada in the PL !

Edited by Londonisblue

38 minutes ago, Londonisblue said:

I'd go for intelligent rotation as we face le arse on wednesday. Also, Norwich are a mid table championship team sitting 13th. their current form is the following : LLWDW. Including a loss at home against Brentford. My formation :

Caballero

Rudi ampadu Luiz

zappa drinkvodka baka kenedy

pedro batman willian

League cup is the first trophy of the season we could win. FA cup could be another trophy we could win too. These two cups are our biggest chances to win anything this season unless we pull a miracle against barça of course ! Or an unexpected remontada in the PL !

Would also love to see the same lineup axcept Christensen for luiz (just to protect David )against Arsenal in the carabao cup. Gotta protect the big guns with games against Man u, Mancity and Barca 2wice coming up