Newcastle V Chelsea (PL) Sun 13th May 15:00 UK

coco

hope he rests every single player he intends to start vs United

but he wont, we know he will play the team he should of started with yesterday, you know just in case a crucial player could get injured or a red card

On 11/05/2018 at 04:42, axman2526 said:

Liverpool are not Losing at home to Brighton. This is a dead rubber play some of the kids.

Hard game to call this. Conte could play some of the kids but, knowing how dogmatic he is with his starting line up, it wouldn't surprise me if he went with exactly the same team that started against Huddersfield, just to prove a point.

On 10/05/2018 at 22:42, axman2526 said:

Liverpool are not Losing at home to Brighton. This is a dead rubber play some of the kids.

Have to take our chance and fight till the end, it's not inconceivable for us to make it tomorrow but chances will be even lower if we don't take it seriously.

According to Lawrenson on football focus, Pool are struggling with a lot unfit players yet Brighton might not have much to play for except pride.

Us on the other hand with players somewhat annoyed by Conte's selection for the last match makes it hard to judge how they will play.

We do have a final next weekend yet Conte is know to make some strange selections.

The Champions League is gone, in my opinion. The damage has been done over the course of the season, I really do not believe things will just fall into place and we will somehow be in the Champions League come 5 o'clock tomorrow evening. As a result, I would like to see some rotation tomorrow and keep some key players rested for Wembley. I'd go with the following line up (in 3-4-3 of course, I highly doubt we'll see anything else)

Tibo

Cahill Ampadu Chistensen

Sterling Kante Barkley Emerson

Hudson-Odoi Morata Pedro

I'd rather play the UEL next season and have a real chance of winning our 6th european trophy (which will see us only within 2 titles from Manure in terms of european and intl success) than hoping for a win from the seagulls and have a s*****y team next season in the UCL and be eliminated after the R16 !!! Plus, a european trophy will bring talents and help us build a strong team for the UCL! look at dippers for instance ... they played the UEL 2016 final and now are in the UCL final !

And at that point we dont deserve UCL after the sihtfest vs huddersfield town ... Hoping to win our 8th FA cup so that we will remember this season in 10 years time. I mean, a win over manure is always something to be remembered fondly !!! espcially in the FA cup final !!!

Also, UEL features very good teams and we might steal the show if we face strong teams and win it eventually !!! I would not mind winning it and qualifying for UCL again and then having the team to compete for the big ears and make it a double double hehe ;) ! I do believe this is more feasible than hoping for UCL at that point. A blessing in disguise imo.

I mean UEL is very much important again : remember how manure and dippers were selling it as a big fcuking deal haha ^^? If we can win it with our B team and get on manure toes in terms of "history", we not only would take the piss and get back into UCL and attract talent to get those damn big ears again !!!

Difficult to give a sh*t about, would like to see James get his debut, academy player of the year, deserves it, but he won’t be any where near the squad.

Caba/Tibo (depends who plays final)

Cahill     James     Christens?en

Sterling  Barkley Drinkwater  Emerson

Willian                               Odoi

Morata

Subs: Caba/Tibo, Rüdiger, Chalobah, Castillo, Hazard, Pedro, Giroud 

I expect he’ll pick a much stronger team. 

I'm going to give this one a miss. The last realistic shot at finishing in the top four was at home against Spurs and we were deservedly beaten. A fitting end to a very disappointing league campaign. Both the manager and the players should hang their heads in shame.

Made the mistake of telling SWMBO I wasn’t that bothered about this game, now she wants to go out for the afternoon.

Dont think she quite understood the difference between not bothered and not watching :biggrin:

I'm going today, my first Chelsea game of the season, i've been to at least one match every season since 2005 so had to keep the run going. 

Confident we'll get the win, we've been playing quite well the last month or so and Newcastle are on a bad run and have their flip flops on, plus we need some momentum heading into the FA cup final. 

3-1 Willian, Morata x2

COME ON CHELSEA!!!!! 

Just need Liverpool to slip up and a half way decent performance from us - hardly beyond the bounds of possibility. Amazed to see such disinterest here, although I should probably be used to it by now. Pipping Liverpool for 4th place would be the highlight of the year.

Got to start a strong attacking team for this one. No matter how small a chance it is imagine if 'Pool lost and we draw/lose because we rested players.

Tbo

Azpi  Rudiger  Cahill  Emerson

Kante Bakayoko Barkley

Willian    Giroud    Hazard

Archived