Maurizio Sarri Officially Appointed

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, robdog said:

I see this guy having nicotine fits on the sideline - someone should introduce him to vape - I am sure he could vape on the sideline

Someone should stick nicotine patches on him head to toe. Nicotine gum as backup. At the Bridge I've seen some people smoke sneakily in the concourse, so that can be a last resort :smile:

I was impressed with his management today, particularly how he decided to go for the kill rather than sitting back and conserving energy.

If his idea was to use Pedro/Willian to run defenders ragged and then bring on Hazard against tired legs, then his idea worked beautifully. 

Kante was also getting forward more and that's what allowed him to score. Maybe our midfield isn't as goal-shy as it looks? Here's hoping. 

Bringing on RLC suggests a willingness to give youth a run, although I was unimpressed with CHO not being on the bench. Using him against tired legs might have worked well. 

1 hour ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I've coined a new phrase today in the match thread, "Sarrisfaction", thats how we should feel Sarrisfied

Can be interpreted as a racist remark towards the Asian accent though, at least here in the States it can. 

1 minute ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Only if you're that way inclined, us brits are ok with clever wordplay, not Racism?

I understand and have no personal problem with it, just giving you some insight how where im from people might interpret it in a negative way. 

5 minutes ago, evissy said:

Still haven't seen the game but Sarri said to be patient. I'm pretty sure better opponents will make us pay early on the season. 

The Liverpool game has the potential to be brutal but the rest are very winnable.

I am glad we faced Huddersfield in his very first game. They are the perfect opponents in that they do have a physical presence where in they can pressure us, are big strong lads, yet are not a good scoring team. The first half clearly showed us that we have a lot of defensive lapses that any team with a decent strike-force can exploit. I like Morata's hardwork this game - but i think he needs to sort himself out and soon. The better teams are going to react quicker and give us less time on the ball and less gaps to play. We need to improve. I love the preview of what we can become but it is imperative that we achieve that vision.

12 hours ago, brownindian said:

I am glad we faced Huddersfield in his very first game. They are the perfect opponents in that they do have a physical presence where in they can pressure us, are big strong lads, yet are not a good scoring team. The first half clearly showed us that we have a lot of defensive lapses that any team with a decent strike-force can exploit. I like Morata's hardwork this game - but i think he needs to sort himself out and soon. The better teams are going to react quicker and give us less time on the ball and less gaps to play. We need to improve. I love the preview of what we can become but it is imperative that we achieve that vision.

I think Arsenal might be  much tougher opponent next up and will test us much more. Getting that first win was important and of course welcome.

Edited by strider6004

3 minutes ago, DiegoCostaForever said:

Finally we have a coach that wants to play attacking football. His appointment was a historic decision. So delighted. I think we all wanted an attacking coach.

You are right. However it is not anything revolutionary as the trend with big clubs have been pointing to that. For Chelsea this is sort of a first step. 

5 hours ago, red5goahead said:
18 hours ago, robdog said:

My opinion, Don appellative don't put an Italian in a good mood even he is not Sicilian

Using Don is a honorific title used in Latin cultures - so I don't know what the hell you are talking about

Here is a paragraph from the wikipedia entry of using Don as Title

Although originally a title reserved for royalty, select nobles, and church hierarchs, it is now often used as a mark of esteem for a person of personal, social or official distinction, such as a community leader of long standing, a person of significant wealth, or a noble, but may also be used ironically. As a style, rather than a title or rank, it is used with, and not instead of, a person's name.

8 hours ago, DiegoCostaForever said:

Finally we have a coach that wants to play attacking football. His appointment was a historic decision. So delighted. I think we all wanted an attacking coach.

You'd be surprised how many on here were content with Conte's negative tactics and Mourinho's towards the end of his tenure. 

Sarri spotted chewing on dog ends during the game yesterday as he struggles to cope with not being able to smoke during matches due to the UK smoking ban.

Sarri rumoured to have an 80 a day habit is getting help from the club with coping with his hefty nicotine addiction.

Hopefully he’s able to stay mentally focused during games whilst coping with the change.