Sindre

Mateo Kovačić

5 hours ago, Gol15 said:

I've seen RLC last season, I'm convinced that once he comes back he will have a huge impact on the squad and he will stay in the first team. 

Look at how Hudson Odoi is struggling replicating last season's form after coming back from an injury not even half as bad as Loftus Cheeks.

I'm sorry but if you think Ruben will hit the ground running and carry on where he left off after such an injury you're in for a very nasty shock. We're (atleast at first) more likely to get the timid version of pre 2019 than the dynamic midfielder he turned into post new year.

This season should be a write off in terms of relying on him, not only is he still probably months from a return (like Rudiger he will probably have a personal pre season before being made available for selection again) then he will need time to get back upto speed.

Anything we get out of Loftus Cheek this season is a bonus.

29 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I do think it will be Joorginho that will get less and less game time, especially as Lamps moulds the team into something similar to what he played in, only need to find an Essien or a young Ballack.

Lampard's vision is the total opposite to the teams he played in.

Frank's a lot closer stylistically to Guardiola and Wenger than he is to Jose.

I disagree, he likes to get it fwd quicker, and utilises wide players, Pep used to pas you to death through the middle, Kante like Essien, Pulisic and willian, like Robben and Duff, the only thing we lack is a Lampard, but Mount might become him, if not quite a Box box M/fer

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I disagree, he likes to get it fwd quicker, and utilises wide players, Pep used to pas you to death through the middle, Kante like Essien, Pulisic and willian, like Robben and Duff, the only thing we lack is a Lampard, but Mount might become him, if not quite a Box box M/fer

If we go about individual comparisons, Kova is of a mould to Iniesta (not as good obviously but that is the type of player he is), Jorginho/Busquets, Kepa/Ederson, Pulisic/Sterling, Tomori I can't think of a direct comparison to a player that played under Pep but he's the type of player for his style.

Our 04-10 side never really use to put many integrate eye of the needle passes through like these guys do, they were more about the physical edge, using it to get the ball back and break with devastating effectiveness. We were never really bothered about territorially dominating games or having that much possesion, even against fodder. Lampard's approach is defending from the front, getting it then once we've got it draw the teams into pressing bait and if that fails patiently probe for an opening.

20 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Senseless decision to bench him again.

Player of the season by a distance before Lampard started tinkering with the midfield and fecked things up.

I'm getting bored of sounding like a broken record tbh, and I'm sure everyone else is, but disrupting that partnership is the worst thing Lampard has done this season. I dare say it has cost us a good 9-15 points. 

Edited by Slojo

Possible he’s having a dip in form that’s clearer in training? Needed a rest? Otherwise it’s indeed odd. Any thoughts on why, before the game when asked about Kante coming back in, Lampard talked about Barkley having a right to feel a bit disappointed but didn’t even mention Kova? 

26 minutes ago, Dean said:

Possible he’s having a dip in form that’s clearer in training? Needed a rest? Otherwise it’s indeed odd. Any thoughts on why, before the game when asked about Kante coming back in, Lampard talked about Barkley having a right to feel a bit disappointed but didn’t even mention Kova? 

I think you are probably right about losing form in training.

12 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

I think you are probably right about losing form in training.

Seems strange. He has played so well so far. I think he is perhaps a victim of Mount and Kante's superior pressing ability and energy.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Plays Mount and Barkley ahead of him because there more creative, but actually there not. Kovacic can dribble past two players and open things up.

Yeah I/we really miss those dribbles through the midfield. I’m sticking to temporary dip in form as the explanation for his absence, am optimistic we’ll see him back in the fold soon and that the best may be yet to come.

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah I/we really miss those dribbles through the midfield. I’m sticking to temporary dip in form as the explanation for his absence, am optimistic we’ll see him back in the fold soon and that the best may be yet to come.

I don't know, I heard by someone on here that Kovacic has already had his 4 month purple patch, and 15 minutes he had against Brighton proved it. He's not good enough anymore. 

3 hours ago, Vagabond said:

So Mount doesnt get a pass because he's such a pompey lad anymore? 😬

I’m sick as f**k and doing a 12 hour shift on my own at work, I’m not in my right mind! It’s so bad I’m even hearing fairy tales of Burnley beating Leicester on the radio!

6 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I’m sick as f**k and doing a 12 hour shift on my own at work, I’m not in my right mind! It’s so bad I’m even hearing fairy tales of Burnley beating Leicester on the radio!

Watched the highlights and Vardy messed up a penalty and certainly a worthy shout for another.

My main gripe this season is what Frank has done with Kovacic. He was a dream to watch, in a pivot, we were flying, we were witnessing a player really coming of age, he was easily our best performer in my opinion, it was his time and Frank's messed with that, and it's cost us. Frank's tinkered with something that was really working. If I were manager my priority would be getting this guy back to what he was doing. He'd just started scoring goals as well, after a long wait. Hopefully Frank learns from this experience. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.