Jump to content

Old Shaggy

Jadon Sancho


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

Anyone actually seen him play?

Yeah in the youth cup final against us, city got battered. Foden, and Diaz were probably city's best players on the night. I don't think he is any better than Hudson Odoi who also played in that game, it's just one is getting valuable minutes for a top side, and the other is still playing in development games he grew out of 2 years ago. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dortmund fans I've seen talk about him say he's inconsistent (no surprise at his age) and that he's only been good off the bench so far. I haven't seen him though, so no idea. However, we already have Hudson-Odoi, so kinda pointless wanting him here when we have our own equally talented wide attacker in Callum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sindre said:

This lad is brilliant. One player we should be keeping tabs on and try to sign next summer. Toying with Bayern right now.

Will be expensive but it's the kind of signing we would need to keep up with our competitors.

We will certainly have the funds to make a big move like this.  You’d think he would eventually want to come back to England too, right?  Maybe Pulisic can put in a good word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Hes a Chelsea fan, deffo should keep tabs on him. Need replacements for Willian and Pedro next summer.

I´d rather see United spend 150m in another desperate attempt to buy their way to former glories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Then who are we buying? our attack needs freshening and upgrading more than any other position.

I don't think its ideal having three wingers so young as they'd all want to play every game (CHO, Sancho, Pulisic). I'd be happy with us making a signing like Liverpool did with Shaqiri who is good enough to fill in but they know Mane and Salah are playing 90% of the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty insane to think that both him and Mbappe were Chelsea fans... Just imagine they were both here. 

We should definitely try and sign him next summer, we would have the funds no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Then who are we buying? our attack needs freshening and upgrading more than any other position.

I´d love to hear your thoughts as to how Sancho will make our attack better, take into account that he has been quoted to go for around 100m. 

I´d rather see us take our time and buy a striker that will suit the team, Giroud is a fantastic rotation player and I´m giving Tammy a clean slate to prove his worth, but if we want to challenge for a title we need a world-class striker, something we have been missing ever since we sold Costa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulo said:

I´d love to hear your thoughts as to how Sancho will make our attack better, take into account that he has been quoted to go for around 100m. 

I´d rather see us take our time and buy a striker that will suit the team, Giroud is a fantastic rotation player and I´m giving Tammy a clean slate to prove his worth, but if we want to challenge for a title we need a world-class striker, something we have been missing ever since we sold Costa. 

Willian and Pedro need replacing so we need to identify players, Sancho being homegrown is another incentive. Problem is they will be a host of clubs after him too. We can buy Sancho and a striker, i cant think of a striker right now though who's available who will improve us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't think its ideal having three wingers so young as they'd all want to play every game (CHO, Sancho, Pulisic). I'd be happy with us making a signing like Liverpool did with Shaqiri who is good enough to fill in but they know Mane and Salah are playing 90% of the games. 

Mane and Salah are proven though, We have no idea if Pulisic and Odoi will reach there level or Pedro and Willian level. If Sancho is available and wants to come and he's better than what we have we should be interested. Man City have Sane.Mahrez,Silva and Sterling, thats the squad we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need the competition. Especially in this day and age, the squad is more important than the starting 11. We could always play Sancho at No. 10 or a CF.

 

PS: If we do sign Sancho next season, Dortmund's fans will be livid. We would have taken 2 of their up-and-comers

Edited by Deino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Mane and Salah are proven though, We have no idea if Pulisic and Odoi will reach there level or Pedro and Willian level. If Sancho is available and wants to come and he's better than what we have we should be interested. Man City have Sane.Mahrez,Silva and Sterling, thats the squad we need.

Salah proved himself in one season. CHO and Pulisic to have a season to prove what they're capable of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I´m just saying, I think we should ask our scouts to show their worth and find a player that won´t cost 100m that can improve our squad. I would rather go for a Federico Chiesa who would probably come in 50% cheaper but has the same upside. We´ll see what happens, but going for a Sancho is what United has been doing ever since Fergie left because they don´t really have a game plan of their own so they buy whoever has the most hype in the market and overpay for everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming back on the same subject, Alex Ferguson said in his own book that you only need 2-3 players to play great on any given night to win. The rest of the players need to simply do their job. We need to find the players who are ready to step up consistently and fill the roster with players who can work as a team. Not everyone has to be a superstar. That´s why this transfer ban might work out best for us because CHO and Pulisic, throw in Tammy and Mount will get a chance to show if they can be that player. 

In recent history think of a Cahill or Bosingwa. They weren´t the best or the most talented players, but they backed up the Lampards and the Drogbas which led us to trophies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would make him our marquee signing next season, Hazard's actual replacement (I know Sancho plays on the right and Eden the left). Think he will cost 100-130m given that he's English, young and absolute quality.

Hudson Odoi Pulisic Sancho and we're set for 10+ years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Would make him our marquee signing next season, Hazard's actual replacement (I know Sancho plays on the right and Eden the left). Think he will cost 100-130m given that he's English, young and absolute quality.

Hudson Odoi Pulisic Sancho and we're set for 10+ years.

 

You got two hopes of that happening. Bob Hope and no hope!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

Would make him our marquee signing next season, Hazard's actual replacement (I know Sancho plays on the right and Eden the left). Think he will cost 100-130m given that he's English, young and absolute quality.

Hudson Odoi Pulisic Sancho and we're set for 10+ years.

You'd have Pulisic play centrally then?  The only issue I see with buying Sancho is that they are all wingers, and I don't think any are especially suited to a false 9 role, but Pulisic would be the closest as he grew up playing centrally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...