Jadon Sancho

Old Shaggy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

14 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He just looks too good, 19 years old sure maybe he will need time to adapt like Pulisic but other than that, the risk that he would struggle physically in the league should be 0.

Last season 12 goals, 14 assists and 7motm won in Bundesliga. He's simply going to fit right in with Tammy, look at how much he tried to deliver the ball to the box:

Fair enough, the stats are definitely on his side that's for sure.

7 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He will definitely cost more than what we paid for Pulisic. I would rather we paid the money for Sancho than £80m for Zaha though.

That’s the biggest issue I see with signing Zaha.  He’s a good player.  But signing him for the price it will take is absolutely going to affect our ability to sign other players.  Sancho will too, but signing him would be a much more exciting and ambitious transfer.  Not to mention we would have him for over a decade, whereas Zaha has only like 4-5 more years at the top level.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Just a thought, if we finish outside the top 6, do you think Sancho would still come.

yes can't take that risk, lets do deal in January, even if we loan him back for rest of season, and we can stop f**king about with all this Zaha talk

14 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't think Sancho immediately improves us. For the money you want someone to walk into the team and instantly make us better. 

Wait what? 8 goals and 7 assists in his last 10 games in all competitions and he doesn’t walk into our first 11? Goals against Barca, Leipzig and an assist against Inter in those games and he isn’t better than Willian and Pulisic? 
If one of our wingers had those kind of output at the end of the season we will be raving about how good he has been.

8 hours ago, ozboy said:

Sancho was great in the Leipzig game this morning despite going off injured. Another player that would be great for CFC is Hakimi. Best fullback I've seen for a year or two.

Agree on Hakimi he is brilliant as a LB or RB and can even play further upfield as a winger, sadly he is on loan from Madrid. I felt we should have included him in the Hazard deal at the end of last season, even though he was injured.

Will be interesting to see where he fits in the Madrid squad considering they have Marcelo, and new recruits Mendy & Reguilion on loan as LBs, Carvajal, Nacho, Ordiozola as RBs.

Ive been pretty confident on getting sancho for a while, we have done business with dortmund for the last 2 January windows, with pulisic and batshuayi, and i read a report that claimed it was marina who ended the stalement between arsenal, dortmund and ourselves, with that striker merry go round, by releasing batshuayi first. I think the working relationship is definitely there to get a tough deal like this over the line, even it means he only comes in the summer.

fingers crosses. 

This looks our most nailed on transfer at the moment, even if we will loan him back until the end of the season.

Another English talent, a Chelsea fan, and the fact he's in good form it's a no brainer if he's available otherwise City or United will be in to take him back up to Manchester.

I don't like the idea of another Pulisic type deal. Our attack has gone a bit flat, we need more firepower NOW. It would also help get him used to the Premier League for next season and maybe even help us in the fight for top 4 this season.

I think Pulisic would have benefited more if he had signed for us in January too. 

If Dortmund aren't open to a transfer right now though, then we don't really have much choice.

45 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't like the idea of another Pulisic type deal. Our attack has gone a bit flat, we need more firepower NOW. It would also help get him used to the Premier League for next season and maybe even help us in the fight for top 4 this season.

I think Pulisic would have benefited more if he had signed for us in January too. 

If Dortmund aren't open to a transfer right now though, then we don't really have much choice.

We have to think long term though, if its choice of signing him now but loaning back, or risk losing out in the summer,  i think we should just get it over the line. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysRight said:

This looks our most nailed on transfer at the moment, even if we will loan him back until the end of the season.

Another English talent, a Chelsea fan, and the fact he's in good form it's a no brainer if he's available otherwise City or United will be in to take him back up to Manchester.

What would be the point of loaning him back? We need to strengthen now.