Jadon Sancho

Old Shaggy
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, enigma said:

My problem is the fee for Sancho + agent fees will be A LOT! I am not sure it is worth it when we have other areas to upgrade on. Money doesn't come out of thin air. We need a LB, a GK, another striker and a CB. Boga and Ziyech, in my opinion, could be ideal. 

Key for me is the reduction in our wage bill. We've got Pedro, Willian and Giroud leaving. Not to mention Hazards departure. That's before we consider the futures of Kepa, Alonso, Barkley and Batshuayi.

At a minimum we'll have 300k a week in wages walking off our bill. That gives us a lot of room in the budget. We know we have Hazard, Morata money squirrelled away too.

I'd imagine the fee will be in the range of Dembele. That's still less than we sold Hazard for. 

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Key for me is the reduction in our wage bill. We've got Pedro, Willian and Giroud leaving. Not to mention Hazards departure. That's before we consider the futures of Kepa, Alonso, Barkley and Batshuayi.

At a minimum we'll have 300k a week in wages walking off our bill. That gives us a lot of room in the budget. We know we have Hazard, Morata money squirrelled away too.

I'd imagine the fee will be in the range of Dembele. That's still less than we sold Hazard for. 

Honestly, I just don't see us going for him. Man Utd are stupid enough to buy a player for god knows how much. They can sell Pogba too to make some of that money back. We don't have the luxury of selling one of our top players unless we were to sell someone like Kante. 

38 minutes ago, enigma said:

Honestly, I just don't see us going for him. Man Utd are stupid enough to buy a player for god knows how much. They can sell Pogba too to make some of that money back. We don't have the luxury of selling one of our top players unless we were to sell someone like Kante. 

I'm not convinced we will be at the races either.

We certainly won't be selling Kante to fund it.

48 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

The wage bill should really start to fall, with so many of our biggest earners having left, and with us also hsving to trim the loan army,  and probably have less players on our books in general. 

Im not sure if Sancho will be viable, but i think its worth taking into account the actual amortization cost. If he has a very successful career here, and stays for 10 years, every time we extend his contract, his financial hit is spread further. 

If he is a massive success, and the big Spanish teams come calling, we could even make a profit on him.

Its a massive gamble at the prices being quoted, but he is still so young that there is still a good chance it could be seen as a bargain when we look back in years to come. 

We dont tend to have a good record though when we break the bank, which does make me nervous, but if Lampard thinks he the man to be the star player in his side, then i think we should back him, if its at all viable.

3 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

I'm not convinced we will be at the races either.

We certainly won't be selling Kante to fund it.

We wouldn’t need to sell Kante to fund it, anyways. The Hazard and Morata money is more than enough. In fact, we can almost come out even with the Hazard and Morata money to buy Sancho and Ziyech, especially if the add ons are met with Hazard’s sale.

1 hour ago, Adamrb said:

Top 4 a must if we want him. Would we really keep ziyech Cho pulisic and sancho happy though

I think Real, Barca or Bayern entering the race is a much bigger threat than falling out of top 4.

If it's between us and United, I fancy our chances of selling ourselves to him, and I don't think he will be so short-sighted to decide his long term future on what could be six games.

6 hours ago, Adamrb said:

Top 4 a must if we want him. Would we really keep ziyech Cho pulisic and sancho happy though

Now that we have Ziyech joining in the summer, I can't see us signing Sancho, they both play in the same position. With Willian and Pedro likely to leave, it would be possible to fit both of them in the squad, but they will be expecting to start every week. I think the only way Sancho joins us now is if we plan on playing Ziyech through the middle.

Edited by Scott Harris

53 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Now that we have Ziyech joining in the summer, I can't see us signing Sancho, they both play in the same position. With Willian and Pedro likely to leave, it would be possible to fit both of them in the squad, but they will be expecting to start every week. I think the only way Sancho joins us now is if we plan on playing Ziyech through the middle.

It would make sense for Ziyech to play through the middle. Lampard has already hinted at playing RLC deeper, so Ziyech with Mount as backup and Pulisic, CHO, and Sancho on the wing is realistic. Plus Ziyech could play RW, like you mentioned, so we still have 4 wingers.

16 hours ago, Amputechture said:

Taking into account the number of clubs interested in Sancho, I highly doubt it'll go down smoothly.

Probably not, however if we meet Dortmunds price now and can talk to him right away might be enough to convince him talking to Lamps.

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Probably not, however if we meet Dortmunds price now and can talk to him right away might be enough to convince him talking to Lamps.

City are out of Europe for 2 seasons and UTD and sh*t, Liverpool well is in Liverpool and no one who knows the UK wants to live in that sh*t box.

He is a London boy and we have a good amount of England’s future stars so I’d normally agree but I think we look quite an attractive prospect for him. 

I think we are an attractive proposition but there are only two factors in a footballers decision:

1. How much can I make?

2. How much can I win?

Him being a childhood fan isn't really a factor. We have to show that of all the top clubs we are the best placed. 

For me if City and Liverpool are out we are a chance. No one in their right mind would go and play at United. They are a disaster with an awful manager who has a mish mash squad. 

That said it strikes me that Barca, Madrid or Bayern are more likely.