Olivier Giroud

just
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

18 minutes ago, evissy said:

Dries Mertens. Okay. Smaller Pedro.

Still not sure why we don't just play Pedro.

Mertens is hardly a striker capable of leading the line. Not a bad player admittedly but seems a bit odd to barely play your best goal scoring winger and then to pick another one who is older and smaller. 

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

Still not sure why we don't just play Pedro.

Mertens is hardly a striker capable of leading the line. Not a bad player admittedly but seems a bit odd to barely play your best goal scoring winger and then to pick another one who is older and smaller. 

Did it well under Sarri.

Feel for him. Has done a good job in his time here and has barely played since he played a stormer in the Super Cup final. 

He is worried about missing out on the Euros for good reason. If we don't let him go he really needs to get a shot here. 

For mine I can see us relaxing the high press and playing more on the counter. With that in mind he could still play a big role in the top fpur race.

Still think we should have used him more, especially during the festive season. I mean with a man up against Arsenal, Giroud as a second striker is a lot scarier than that Bats, and hell he could hold up the ball to see out the game. We needed a plan B or C against defensive game, and Giroud worth a go in so many of those games, As long as he doesn't end up at Spurs tomorrow, all the best to him!

Apparantly the plan is to keep him if he can't bring anyone in but Giroud could go on strike if he's forced to stay according to reports.

So who knows what will happen today. We left it stupid late in any case.

39 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I think we should let him go and take the money regardless of who we bring in or don't.

Frank has barely used him and there no indications he is going to anytime soon, so why not cut our losses and make do with Tammy, Bats as we were effectively doing anyway.

'making do' is my main worry, if Tammy gets injured and is out no way is Bats going to see us through.

7 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Apparantly the plan is to keep him if he can't bring anyone in but Giroud could go on strike if he's forced to stay according to reports.

So who knows what will happen today. We left it stupid late in any case.

It will be a short strike since the window is shutting! 

I doubt that us the case tbh, he might not train today in case he needs to be on a plane somewhere, but i think going on strike is hyperbole. 

19 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

'making do' is my main worry, if Tammy gets injured and is out no way is Bats going to see us through.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mertens is not revealed at the last minute, yet there must be an issue between Frank and Giroud. At times there have only been ten minutes left and we need a goal and he brings on a mis-firing Bats. That is why I say even if we keep him Frank will be reluctant to use him.

2 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Feel for him. Has done a good job in his time here and has barely played since he played a stormer in the Super Cup final. 

He is worried about missing out on the Euros for good reason. If we don't let him go he really needs to get a shot here. 

For mine I can see us relaxing the high press and playing more on the counter. With that in mind he could still play a big role in the top fpur race.

Deschamps always plays Kante when he's unfit so i say we let his best mate Giroud sit on the bench for the season so he's rusty at the Euro's for him. 

1 hour ago, Kev56 said:

Kev, I agree, but for much of last season we played without a striker (number 9) Sarri preferring Hazard on his own up front. Now I know that Hazard vs most of our squad is like chalk and cheese, but I could see Pulisic playing this role, when fit.

31 minutes ago, coombsie said:

Kev, I agree, but for much of last season we played without a striker (number 9) Sarri preferring Hazard on his own up front. Now I know that Hazard vs most of our squad is like chalk and cheese, but I could see Pulisic playing this role, when fit.

Yes I think Pulisic could play No.9 for a spell too, though think Hazard did it often and did not like the extra physical attention he got.

Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard has been speaking today ahead of the Premier League fixture with Leicester, but there's only one place to start.

Dries Mertens in? “No,” replied Lampard.

Edinson Cavani? “I don’t want to play this game!”

Goes on to say a firm “no” on Olivier Giroud leaving. 

“No. Olivier Giroud in this window has been incredible as a professional and as a man.” 

Edited by Blueblur

2 minutes ago, Jackson27 said:

If Giroud Does Indeed Stay, Only Way We Can Get The Best Out Of Him Is Ideally A Change Of Formation And Go To A 4-2-3-1, With The Attacking Mid Just Playing Off Giroud, Yes He Has Hardly Any Pace But He Brings Other's In Play Instead

Why don't you write properly?