Christian Pulisic - Official

7 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

He's starting to be annoying with his useless dribbling. His first action when he gets the ball is to run with his head on the ball. 

He's far from being the Pulisic we had last season, he supposed to be one of our key players but he's ruining us and himself. Time to give him some bench time.

This is harsh.  Everyone can agree hes not in good form right now ....but you look at this team and say he's the guy "ruining" us?  When he had his head down which key pass did he miss??  I would say he was our best attacker which I know isn't saying much.  If Mason Mount put that free kick that Pulisic got them in the top corner and CHO roofed his opportunity on goal which Pulisic setup would you say he had a better game?  

On 19/01/2021 at 17:19, IliyaKrostin said:

He's starting to be annoying with his useless dribbling. His first action when he gets the ball is to run with his head on the ball. 

He's far from being the Pulisic we had last season, he supposed to be one of our key players but he's ruining us and himself. Time to give him some bench time.

LOL

Frankly, this whole squad deserve some bench time. Even the manager.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing which I've noticed that is creating a bit of hinderance in his gameplay is that he has very little chemistry with Ben on the left, the few games I've seen them play together they've lost possession trying to play a simple 1-2 on countless occasions. I think he may play better with someone like Alonso who tends to prefer getting into the box and occupy spaces on the inside as opposed to going wide which gives Pulisic more space to operate in.

4 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Good observation!

But does Ben combine well with anyone? I remember him and Timo wasn't in sync either when Timo was playing LW.

I'm not expert on tactics or anything like that but I have noticed that Ben seems to come so far forward that it doesn't leave much space for the wingers to operate.  

Ben seemed to often be a left back who wanted to play left wing.  So on the attack it often looked like we had 2 left wingers on the field.  

23 hours ago, Valpo said:

I'm not expert on tactics or anything like that but I have noticed that Ben seems to come so far forward that it doesn't leave much space for the wingers to operate.  

Ben seemed to often be a left back who wanted to play left wing.  So on the attack it often looked like we had 2 left wingers on the field.  

It's kind of strange for me as he can look quite attack minded yet doesn't quite link up with the left sided attacker and doesn't seem to go for the 1-2 either.

Hopefully TT resolves this.

13 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

It's kind of strange for me as he can look quite attack minded yet doesn't quite link up with the left sided attacker and doesn't seem to go for the 1-2 either.

Hopefully TT resolves this.

Hasn't he occasionally been played on the left side of the midfield?   That might not be a terrible idea.  Especially if we're only playing with 3 defenders.  

1 minute ago, Valpo said:

Hasn't he occasionally been played on the left side of the midfield?   That might not be a terrible idea.  Especially if we're only playing with 3 defenders.  

He has been played as LWB which is really midfield and does not look as comfortable as in a straight back 4.

On 09/02/2021 at 12:54, Imran_CFC said:

One thing which I've noticed that is creating a bit of hinderance in his gameplay is that he has very little chemistry with Ben on the left, the few games I've seen them play together they've lost possession trying to play a simple 1-2 on countless occasions. I think he may play better with someone like Alonso who tends to prefer getting into the box and occupy spaces on the inside as opposed to going wide which gives Pulisic more space to operate in.

This is mostly because Ben doesn't like playing it down the left for some strange reason, he keeps cutting inside and passing it sideways, or at least he has been for the last couple of months. Not sure what happened to him. 

3 minutes ago, Slojo said:

This is mostly because Ben doesn't like playing it down the left for some strange reason, he keeps cutting inside and passing it sideways, or at least he has been for the last couple of months. Not sure what happened to him. 

These were my concerns about him, he lacks aggression big time in his forward play, compare that to the two Scots and it's night and day. I thought after his start he was improving on that but he's resorted right back to type lately.

Although that said he's got the raw tools so hopefully the coaching he will get from Tuchel will work wonders.

49 minutes ago, Argo said:

These were my concerns about him, he lacks aggression big time in his forward play, compare that to the two Scots and it's night and day. I thought after his start he was improving on that but he's resorted right back to type lately.

Although that said he's got the raw tools so hopefully the coaching he will get from Tuchel will work wonders.

Up till the beginning of December, (when everything and everyone started to dip), I had Ben as a leading contender for POTY. Has performances had been consistently good from the start of the season.

So it's not like Tuchel would be bringing anything out that hadn't already been shown under Frank, IMO.

16 minutes ago, just said:

Up till the beginning of December, (when everything and everyone started to dip), I had Ben as a leading contender for POTY. Has performances had been consistently good from the start of the season.

So it's not like Tuchel would be bringing anything out that hadn't already been shown under Frank, IMO.

I don't want this to veer into Frank Vs Tuchel part 300 especially on here as when it goes there it ends up resembling politics discussions but at this point TT is a good way ahead tactically (which ofcourse is to be expected given the different level of experience both currently have).

The latter duped the world into thinking Mkhitaryan was a top class player, even the board members he truly truly pissed off at previous clubs don't deny he's in the elite level on that score.

He has been too direct for my liking needs to move better.. has been getting into goal scoring positions and not scoring but that can be said of all are forwards including Timo, Ziyech, Giroud Tammy.. i think he will get it back the moment he scores a few.. looks a confidence player to me.

I'm not too concerned for Pulisic, he just needs more game time to establish himself.

My worry with Christian is often when things aren't going too well he tries too hard and takes on the burden all by himself. Maybe this is due to his national team situation in which they often look to him for inspiration.

I've had rival fans come out and say during project restart he looked like the best player in the league, lets not forget he destroyed liverpool's defense, made city's look poor, scored some crucial goals and made some assists in the run in for top 4, as well as score in an fa cup final (he has 1 goal and 1 assist in 2 final appearances i.e euro super cup and fa...big game player).

What he needs to work on is his interplay, rather than trying to dribble through all the time, keep it simple while he's struggling for form and the goals and assists will come. I think he is eager to show Tuchel how far he's come from when he first played him and he's losing what makes him special his teamwork.

Once he starts clicking with the team he'll be back to his best, he's had a few chances that he's put wide under Thomas but I'm not worried,  he's an elite finisher I've known it since last pre season the guy knows where the net is.

There have been times in his Chelsea career (mostly last season) where he has looked really good. He has been unfortunate with injuries, but his form overall this season when fit has been patchy at best. He has age on his side but so do other wing options at the club. At present I think he has fallen behind CHO in the pecking order. Hopefully he can rise to the challenge and rediscover the form of last season.

On 12/02/2021 at 05:06, ForeverCarefree said:

I genuinely forgot he was still on the pitch in the second half. Perhaps his worst performance in a Chelsea shirt so far. 

Frustrating that him, Ziyech and Havertz are all playing poorly at the same time. 

THIS ^^^^

Yes, Pulisic has been underwhelming this season; no argument there.

What's more curious is none of the attackers are playing to their standards (Timo, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, etc.)

Don't know what it is, but something just haven't click yet. Imagine having those 4 on the field at the same time at their best form?