Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, chi blue said:

So Allegri allowed two transfer windows, but you want to bin Frank after  just one window and he lost the best player in the league 18 months ago, Mason Mount, Tammy, and Reece James have all developed into England players in the last 18 months as well, I think Frank deserves a little more time don’t you? Or is it that you can’t handle the piss take from other teams fans and want a quick fix if that is possible, for f**ks sake man up petal, tough it out for the rest of the season, and by my calculations we are only halfway through the season, as Sir Alex said, the table only starts to get serious end of March/April 

I dont mind if we are being unlucky in the games we are losing, sometimes it is just sh*t luck

but why should I trust someone with 0 CV and track record that he will eventually become good so I have to tolerate a long period of sh*t games?

23 minutes ago, chi blue said:

So Allegri allowed two transfer windows, but you want to bin Frank after  just one window and he lost the best player in the league 18 months ago, Mason Mount, Tammy, and Reece James have all developed into England players in the last 18 months as well, I think Frank deserves a little more time don’t you? Or is it that you can’t handle the piss take from other teams fans and want a quick fix if that is possible, for f**ks sake man up petal, tough it out for the rest of the season, and by my calculations we are only halfway through the season, as Sir Alex said, the table only starts to get serious end of March/April 

I really don't think Tammy will have a chance in an England shirt anytime soon unless he improves quickly as he has regressed from last season.

15 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Just a couple of questions. 

What's your tipping point here where you decide Frank isn't the man for the job? Is it a certain number of years, or is it if we finish 15th or below? 

I know the question isn’t aimed at me but it’s still an interesting question.

My tipping point would be that Frank doesn’t show any sign of change. If we persist with 433 and same tactics for rest of the season then I think it may be for the best if we move on.

However, if he’s trying to change it up then sure give him time and chance to turn it around. I want the change NOW though. No more 433 bullsh*t please.

1 hour ago, Brutos said:

Lampard isn’t getting sacked this season so we just have to suck it up and deal with the performances it’s soul sapping but it doesn’t bother me anymore at all I just laugh and move one now once the matches are over I expect bad performances now.

if you go back and look before he got hired I was strongly against it simply because one bang average year at Derby and you get one of the Elite jobs in world football 😳 but I got on board as he’s probably most Chelsea fans favourite player and one of my favourite with (Drogba ahead simply because of how he destroyed Arsenal fans soul, frecking hate them).

But now we are seeing his legacy tarnish unless he gets us going again and can anyone say they expected different when you stop thinking with your heart and start thinking with your head??

Experience is important in any job you do unless you are hired as a junior person, why is it important, you can draw on it to help you through difficult moments Lampard doesn’t have that himself or in his backroom staff. 

I suspect it’s a positive and negative there are no fans because opposition fans would be absolutely taking him to town and our fans would have to be defending him similar to the Wenger out years.

i can guarantee if his name isnt Frank Lampard people would be booing him out of the bridge already (if there are fans allowed)

remember Sarri  - Fk Sarriball incident and the booing? That was when we are still in top 4 and deep in the Europa league run, imagine this sh*t happened in Sarri era? I wont be surprise a pig head would be thrown in the ground lol

Jan Aage Fjortoft who's well connected in German says Tuchel is the man the club will go for if we sack Lampard. Talks between his agents and the club have been held.

Just now, dansubrosa said:

My tipping point would be that Frank doesn’t show any sign of change. If we persist with 433 and same tactics for rest of the season then I think it may be for the best if we move on.

However, if he’s trying to change it up then sure give him time and chance to turn it around. I want the change NOW though. No more 433 bullsh*t please.

He has that chance to show a different line up in the cup this weekend. Even with different players, if he continues with 433 then sadly I see no reason why things will get better.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Anyone who is still Lampard in is free to answer it. I'm just curious where the line is for most people. 

When does it become enough is enough? I completely understand people who say we need to be patient etc. For me I think the writing is on the wall, that's why I keep saying "nip it in the bud", because I know it can get a lot worse and I feel that we're wasting our time if we keep persisting with Frank here. By the way, I would absolutely love to be proved wrong, I don't have an agenda against Frank. I love Frank, but I can't let that blind my perception of him as a manager, and quite honestly, I don't rate him that highly as the gaffer. 

If people think he's the man for the job, fair enough. One argument I can't understand though, is people saying "we may aswell just give him until the end of the season, then get someone else in" that to me makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You're either with him or you're not, if you're not with him there should be no reason why he shouldn't be going now so we can stop wasting each others time. Frank can move on, then we can move on, then who knows, maybe somewhere down the future we might meet again. 

3 minutes ago, evissy said:

Funny cause other articles came put saying we would never consider him as he clashed with the board too often.

4 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Anyone who is still Lampard in is free to answer it. I'm just curious where the line is for most people. 

The end of his 3 year contract. That is the line for me. That is the time I would like to see him given. If we have not got back to the level where we are close to the top then no new contract and we go our separate ways.

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

When does it become enough is enough? I completely understand people who say we need to be patient etc. For me I think the writing is on the wall, that's why I keep saying "nip it in the bud", because I know it can get a lot worse and I feel that we're wasting our time if we keep persisting with Frank here. By the way, I would absolutely love to be proved wrong, I don't have an agenda against Frank. I love Frank, but I can't let that blind my perception of him as a manager, and quite honestly, I don't rate him that highly as the gaffer. 

If people think he's the man for the job, fair enough. One argument I can't understand though, is people saying "we may aswell just give him until the end of the season, then get someone else in" that to me makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You're either with him or you're not, if you're not with him there should be no reason why he shouldn't be going now so we can stop wasting each others time. Frank can move on, then we can move on, then who knows, maybe somewhere down the future we might meet again. 

I agree with what you say. I would like Frank to succeed but I really would like to know how he will manage that. If he has the knowledge why haven't we seen any great tactical planning these last few weeks? All I have seen is someone looking lost; playing the same system that clear to everyone else isn't working and hoping results are going to improve. He also infuriates me in that as last night, it was obvious at half time he needed to make changes to the players or the system and yet no subs were used until another 20 minutes had passed.

16 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Jan Aage Fjortoft who's well connected in German says Tuchel is the man the club will go for if we sack Lampard. Talks between his agents and the club have been held.

Don’t rate Tuchel at all the danger is he is the only one available at the moment 

We have to sort of make a decision internally. Do you want us to achieve our goal of getting the CL or do you want to see a manager backed no matter what. I am 100% sure if Frank stays we will limp at least to 5-6th. 

If Roman would give his word everyone could stop worrying about who their boss is tomorrow. Essentially that is the key problem now. 

Anyway. Let's see what happens.

7 minutes ago, pcmacca said:

I agree with what you say. I would like Frank to succeed but I really would like to know how he will manage that. If he has the knowledge why haven't we seen any great tactical planning these last few weeks? All I have seen is someone looking lost; playing the same system that clear to everyone else isn't working and hoping results are going to improve. He also infuriates me in that as last night, it was obvious at half time he needed to make changes to the players or the system and yet no subs were used until another 20 minutes had passed.

My view always has been that patience is all good if the projected end product is something you want to see.

To use an analogy if you were an artist and I came to you to do a painting for me and you told me it was going to be Emma Watson naked I'll be patient, tell me it's going to be Rafa Benitez naked and I'd take a restraining order out on you.

Edited by Argo

7 minutes ago, evissy said:

We have to sort of make a decision internally. Do you want us to achieve our goal of getting the CL or do you want to see a manager backed no matter what. I am 100% sure if Frank stays we will limp at least to 5-6th. 

If Roman would give his word everyone could stop worrying about who their boss is tomorrow. Essentially that is the key problem now. 

Anyway. Let's see what happens.

I would like to believe we would limp to at least 5th under frank but I don’t have that much hope considering we can’t get a win against any of the teams above us. We need to beat teams above us if we are to surpass them not just the teams beneath us. If I were to bet I’d bet on us finishing where we are (8th) if we backed Frank through the season.

10 minutes ago, Argo said:

My view always has been that patience is all good if the projected end product is something you want to see.

To use an analogy if you were an artist and I came to you to do a painting for me and you told me it was going to be Emma Watson naked I'll be patient, tell me it's going to be Rafa Benitez naked and I'd take a restraining order out on you.

I appreciate the thought but if I was halfway through my painting and it was obvious to all and sundry that you could see hairy legs and a pair of testicles you would be a bit concerned about the final offering.

1 hour ago, pcmacca said:

Sorry but your statement is a bit of a paradox. If the new manager had a vision and a plan, unless they currently have abilities we know nothing about, it couldn't include either of those two.

it's already happened, Sarri had a vision, it involved Kepa, Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso in the defence and Jorginho in midfield.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

it's already happened, Sarri had a vision, it involved Kepa, Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso in the defence and Jorginho in midfield.

I am no fan of Sarri's but can you honestly say last night was better than what we saw under him?

I think we have fully morphed into Arsenal in 18 months.... took Wenger years to get there took us 18 months.

I am see the exact same thing that happened with them, spilt fanbase, fans thinking with their hearts rather than head, pointless possession based football, no tactical awareness, banking on individual brilliance, soft team from back to front, no fight anywhere, players not playing for the manager.

We have hindsight and can act before 18 months becomes years. 
Bring in experience coaches get rid of the backroom staff clear house let Lampard finish his contract that way no one can come up with any lame duck excuses.

If Lampard doesn’t want to change his backroom staff and he clearly believes they are good enough he won’t last past summer.

Edited by Brutos

21 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Don’t rate Tuchel at all the danger is he is the only one available at the moment 

Well not quite true, there is Allegri too.

Given the lack of effort we have seen in the last game I hope Frank will weed out those who are not giving there all like he got shot of Alonso.

Is ok to lose, we have no divine right to win, is not ok for the effort to be lacking. 

Just now, Brutos said:

I think we have fully morphed into Arsenal in 18 months.... took Wenger years to get there took us 18 months.

I am see the exact same thing that happened with them, spilt fanbase, fans thinking with their hearts rather than head, pointless possession based football, no tactical awareness, banking on individual brilliance, soft team from back to front, no fight anywhere, players not playing for the manager.

We have hindsight and can at before 18 months becomes years. 
Bring in experience coaches get rid of the backroom staff clear house let Lampard finish his contract that way no one can come up with any lame duck excuses.

If Lampard doesn’t want to change his backroom staff and he clearly believes they are good enough he won’t last past summer.

I agree with almost everything you say apart for the time of departure in your last sentence as I don't think he will be given the season if there is not a significant shift in style and results.

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Well not quite true, there is Allegri too.

Given the lack of effort we have seen in the last game I hope Frank will weed out those who are not giving there all like he got shot of Alonso.

Is ok to lose, we have no divine right to win, is not ok for the effort to be lacking. 

Why not give it to the man already in the PL who clearly wants the job?

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/werner-one-of-the-best-chelsea-using-wrong-hasenhuttl/1pa0flagyyshc1mfrhsbmcopgf

23 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I think that Nagelsmann that learned from Tuchel has a better vision and potential than Tuchel, but he's doing well in Leipzig so it would be harder for us to get him and he's still a very young manager.

I think that the club should also consider whether Allegri would be the best option as well. I saw reports that PSG wanted him but he wanted a 12m contract or something like that while Poch settled for way less money so on top of that Allegri would most likely want a huge signing in the form of a CB and DM so he might demand a whole lot but so did Pep and City is because of it one of the best clubs in the league.

I'm not convinced about Allegri but on paper he might be the best possible solution if he's backed by the club and if a normal communication is to exist between the board and him... He's the man that had a 70% win rate while in Juventus and only Pep and Zidane had won more trophies than him in the last 4-5 years.

Out of the 3 of them I'm least confident in Tuchel mainly because of what T.Silva said about him.