Chelsea v West Ham (PL) Mon 21st Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

coco

After three games without a win we're starting a period of a bad form, it has to be changed immediately.

Must win game for us, especially at home. We have to play our players in their positions or just don't play them because it looks bad.

This is the lineup that I'd like to see:

-------------- Mendy ---------------

James - Zouma - T.Silva - Chilwell

----- Mount -- Kante -- Kovacic ---

--------------- Havertz -----------

-------- Giroud -------- Werner -------

It can be played as 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. But we should look for different options if we want to play Havertz and Werner in their best. Let Chilwell and James play on the wings, then bring Pulisic to change the game or continue the game. We have no creativity without Ziyech, maybe with this lineup we could get best of Havertz and use Werner as a striker.

A crucial game that could define the rest of our season.

Mendy

James           Zouma      Silva        Chilwell

Jorginho

Kante          Kovacic

Mount           Werner        Pulisic

Mendy

Azpilicueta     Zouma    Silva     Chilwell

Kante 

James            Mount           Pulisic 

Havertz

Werner

9 hours ago, Slojo said:

Yep, definitely losing this one, they couldn't play us at a better time and they have our number. 

I’m digging your unbridled optimism re this upcoming fixture, when results didn’t matter and no C had dreamt of the Premier League this was always a match with a lot of needle on and off the pitch. It’s a Derby and the Pikeys so as you know form book means nowt, so to try and temper your lack of enthusiasm they usually turn us over when we are favorites and we most definitely are not, so ......

Ok if we tey a switch to a back 3 maybe like this:

Mendy

Zouma

Silva

Rudiger

James

Gilmour

Kante

Mount

Chilwell

Giroud

Werner

Or if we stick to our current system

Mendy

James

Zouma 

Silva

Chilwell 

Gilmour

Kante

Mount

Anjorin

Werner

Pulisic

Edited by axman2526

19 hours ago, Erdal1905 said:

Five days to rest, so no excuses. This is a must win. 

Mendy

Dave  Zouma  T. Silva  Chilwell

Kova  Kante

Havertz

Ziyech/Mount  Werner  Pulisic

May get Ziyech and CHO back for Arsenal, but not this one sadly.

8 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not good enough. Few more bad results and we will probably be in the bottom half.

I said mid-table by the end of December if this keeps up...we are 6th now a loss on Monday and wins by other teams just below us puts us there...simply not good enough, but it sure is a weird season so far; no one can put a string of results together at the moment.

15 hours ago, General said:

I’m digging your unbridled optimism re this upcoming fixture, when results didn’t matter and no C had dreamt of the Premier League this was always a match with a lot of needle on and off the pitch. It’s a Derby and the Pikeys so as you know form book means nowt, so to try and temper your lack of enthusiasm they usually turn us over when we are favorites and we most definitely are not, so ......

I'm just going with my gut feeling I'm afraid, I can't be optimistic here. It's not in my nature to lie to myself like that as much as I would like to believe it. 

It's not just because of bad form though, they appear to be a bogey team for us. And with our terrible form it just makes it even more likely that we will bottle this game. 

We aren’t creating chances. Our play is too predicable, we just put crosses in all game. We have to find some thrust through the centre to open up the wider spaces or use that width to go back through the centre 

Giroud is a good sub but he isn’t our starting striker

i think we might have to go with Werner as striker. I’d probably drop havertz he just hasn’t done enough. Hate saying that. If Pulisic was fit and he probably won’t be its

Back 4

kante Jorginho kova

mount Werner pulisic

for me

I would go a little differently

Mendy

James         Zouma       Silva        Chilwell

Kante

Kovacic                    Mount

Werner    Abraham   Pulisic

Tammy back in as I think he creates space for the likes of Werner and Pulisic.

Edited by Strider6003

We dont just need a win, we need a good performance to go with it. We are capable of brilliant play and we need to show that, show the pace, show the trickery, bring some excitement.

Much as I rate Giroud he needs to be dropped for this one. We need our quick players back in and Olly from the bench as needed. 

I am also thinking we may want to fix what is not broken and bring Jorginho back in and move Kante forward. Or play both deep. We know Jorgi is the most capable of quick release long ball of quality and switch of play. We need that if we are to play with pace. I know I have posted line ups already but maybe those suggestions of  4-2-1-3 system are a good idea.

Mendy

James

Zouma

Silva

Chilwell

Kante

Jorginho

Havertz

Mount

Werner

Pulisic

Or Tammy in for any of Havertz, Mount or Werner.

I personally feel as though we need to freshen things a little and tighten up at the back again and go back to basics like we did against Man U & Sevilla, we only have 1 natural winger available in Pulisic therefore we are unable to stretch any defence with our wide players. I would opt for a 3-5-2 formation which would give us control in the middle and the wingbacks would give us the width that the team is crying out for, Chilwell and James are both capable of providing that width especially with an additional CB to cover the spaced left behind, my team would be:

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Zouma

James - Kova - Kante- Mount - Chilly

Pulisic - Werner

I would give both Pulisic and Werner free roles up top to interchange and make runs in behind to actually hurt the opposition, both are quick and direct players and if I was a West Ham Defender I would much rather face Giroud with his hold up play rather then 2 interchanging fast forwards who are more Central.