Chelsea v West Ham (PL) Mon 21st Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm more concerned about how he plays on the wing rather than his finishing. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not excusing his poor finishing, but it's the other parts of his game on the wing that concerns me the most. His touch is poor when he is out wide, even more so when he has a couple of players all over him, he can't beat his man because he doesn't have the skillset of a player like Pulisic, or even wingers we have let go like Pedro, Willian and especially Hazard. He's also really bad with his back to goal. Basically, he's not a winger.

The only way we would ever get any sort of success with Werner on the wing is if we played counter attacking football, but that isn't going to happen. Werner is actually quite similar to Vardy, he's not as clinical, but he is somebody that loves to be the one running towards goal at full pace and finishing off chances. Putting him on the wing, slowing him down, facing away from goal and asking him to take on full backs in a packed defense is not utilising him correctly.

Werner last season was basically missing a lot but getting into many chances and scoring a lot as well.

After being so much on the wing it has affected him and he's not confident, he lost the touch but still, that chance in the first half is him basically being at his best position to score and he still couldn't do it. In the second half same kind of a clear-cut chance but from the other angle and he still couldn't do it.

It's concerning at this point regardless of where he plays. He made a great assist which probably was him failing to take a shot from there, that's how it looked, I mean it looked like a world class assist but I really think that he didn't actually mean it.

The one good thing is that he's getting into chances. But he lost the feel of it, Tammy on the other hand, pure instinct of a striker and Tammy even made a good ball towards Werner at one point.

Just now, Malta Blue said:

Would now be a bad time to admit that I too have a black cat. I'm really trying not to have anything in common with that skate but I keep getting disappointed 

Hah! I knew you two had a deep connection!

Mash Up Cat GIF

Just now, Malta Blue said:

My cat doesn't  have white paws, it's a proper black cat but I do have a pipe very much like that

Sounds to me that you only need a poncho, some epic hat, shades and a guitar and you'll basically be a legend like this:

s9fe7h63gtq41.jpg

Started well, got the goal, then lost our way from around 25 min mark. Very bad luck to lose Reece James then Chilwell. Azpi looked rusty but settled down and we were pretty solid at the back. Don’t recall them having a clear chance. Silva and Zouma were very good. Not that we we were entirely in charge. We were very wayward second half until Kovacic came on. Good win considering the injuries and changes. 

Well one.  Great result, average performance.  Exactly the result we needed though.

Unfortunate with the injuries to both full backs, but must push on.  Interesting to see how Dave and Emerson fare with Silva and Zouma alongside in the PL.  Keep going, put 3 or 4 wins on the bounce together.

Disagree with most on here who put forward we were awful for the most part.

I believe I heard West ham have scored in every game this season bar one before today, and we completely blunted them. Our defending was excellent.

Only twice got caught, ironically in the half we dominated possession. Lucky on one for being offside, the second Bowen fouled Silva before putting it in to the net. Had be not done so Silva clears.

Over 90 minutes no near calls, not one save for Mendy. Was a very good rearguard display.

We remain kings of set pieces. Lovely header from Silva but how about some applause for Mason Mount who has really improved his corner delivery and is a real weapon for our team alongside his work ethic.

Timo should score before the break for us to lead 2-0. After the break they dominate the ball but could not find a way through. I felt relaxed watching as our defence just seemed so composed.

Nice work pippo Abraham on two poacher goals. A bit of luck for timo and another deadly mount ball.

Only negatives were the Chilwell injury and Werner giving me reason to again question why Klopp decided not to buy him and get Jota instead.

A solid, composed win, with gloss added by Tammy.

Disagree with most on here who put forward we were awful for the most part.

I believe I heard West ham have scored in every game this season bar one before today, and we completely blunted them. Our defending was excellent.

Only twice got caught, ironically in the half we dominated possession. Lucky on one for being offside, the second Bowen fouled Silva before putting it in to the net. Had be not done so Silva clears.

Over 90 minutes no near calls, not one save for Mendy. Was a very good rearguard display.

We remain kings of set pieces. Lovely header from Silva but how about some applause for Mason Mount who has really improved his corner delivery and is a real weapon for our team alongside his work ethic.

Timo should score before the break for us to lead 2-0. After the break they dominate the ball but could not find a way through. I felt relaxed watching as our defence just seemed so composed.

Nice work pippo Abraham on two poacher goals. A bit of luck for timo and another deadly mount ball.

Only negatives were the Chilwell injury and Werner giving me reason to again question why Klopp decided not to buy him and get Jota instead.

A solid, composed win, with gloss added by Tammy.