Chelsea v Luton (FA) Sun 24th Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Easy win, even if we do like to keep our opponents in the match

Another Kepa blunder, he'll soon have enough for his own dvd

A good cameo from Callum

Tammy took his chances well though could have a few more 

When Timo ran over that cat...

The Captains armband looked good on Masons arm

I actually think Havertz will put on a bit of muscle, and become Like a speedy Ballack, he oozes cool and calm even in that brief cameo.
P.S Gilmour looks like that Roy keane metronome we need, very Xavi-esque than Iniesta, him and Mount look good, plus Mounts touch and vision and power has come on massively, he really has stepped up his game, just needs more Goals

This was the first game in a long time that I found enjoyable to watch. Apart from the individual defensive errors our play looked much more fluid and direct. We managed to finally play some through balls and move the ball quicker. Good stuff and maybe the turn around Lampard needs. 

Still not sure how we are going to make Werner and Havertz contribute something to winning games. 

Quite a few positives to take away from that:

- An excellent 90 minutes from Gilmour, he looked really impressive and a strong contender for MOTM. The buildup for our third was truly superb - the kind of quick thinking and quick feet lacking in the rest of our central midfielders.

- An encouraging performance from Werner playing in a front two. A real shame he naffed up that penalty as he was playing with real confidence up until that point.

- Heartening to see Mount start as captain. He has really stood out during these difficult couple of months. Especially impressive considering it was his 475th consecutive match and his 9th different position.

- Another really good sub appearance from Hudson-Odoi. Surely starts against Wolves. I thought Abraham was good too (I suppose a hat trick speaks for itself).

- 90 minutes for Reece James who looked physically comfortable throughout. Hopefully the rumours of him requiring surgery was just rumours.

- We are one match closer to Kepa's last game for the club.

16 minutes ago, General said:

Funny how every striker the club purchases no matter what the reputation more often than not becomes a splendid failure. Exceptions in modern era - Only Drogba Anelka & Costa. A curse or pants coaching ? 

Crespo (great, didn’t settle), Kezman, Mutu, Torres, Morata, shevchenko, Sturridge, salah (Mourinho mistake), Remy, Falcao, Batshuyai, Higuain. That excludes KDB and Lukaku, and not even contemplating Timo and Kai for that list yet. 
they can’t all be bad. Does make you wonder what we do. 

2 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

Crespo (great, didn’t settle), Kezman, Mutu, Torres, Morata, shevchenko, Sturridge, salah (Mourinho mistake), Remy, Falcao, Batshuyai, Higuain. That excludes KDB and Lukaku, and not even contemplating Timo and Kai for that list yet. 
they can’t all be bad. Does make you wonder what we do. 

In our defence mutu was a coke head off his tits the whole time

Well done Tammy, goals well taken.

Snow on the pitch, have not seen that for a while.

• Pulisic continues to create chances yet is unable to convert and Werner is having the same problem too. Werner is working hard just not happening, I didn't think he would score the penalty and was surprised he took it. 
  • CHO looked very good when he came on and made a good assist. 
  • Tammy's first goal had a slice of fortune as it was a deflection from an intended cross by Werner probably going to no-one in the box.
  • Gilmour looked neat in midfield and seemed to work well with Mount today.
  • James good going forward not convincing with defending. 
  • Christen looked good today.
  • Emerson was ok.
  • Zouma ok
  • Kepa good and bad, as usual. 
  • Ziyech was also good, nice link ups with James and a good attacking intent though shots were poor.
  • Giroud not enough touches on the pitch for me to judge.

Lampard - good to see changes yet never convinced defensively we could stop them scoring more. He gets the win which is important keeping the media off his back at least until the next match.  

9 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I actually think Havertz will put on a bit of muscle, and become Like a speedy Ballack, he oozes cool and calm even in that brief cameo.
P.S Gilmour looks like that Roy keane metronome we need, very Xavi-esque than Iniesta, him and Mount look good, plus Mounts touch and vision and power has come on massively, he really has stepped up his game, just needs more Goals

Mount scored 7 goals last season in his debut season but this season as long as he is playing deeper role he won't score many.