Chelsea v Luton (FA) Sun 24th Jan 2021 12:00 GMT

26 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

A very good time to shake things up.

No more 433, try something different. 343, 442, 451, whatever, we need something different.

If we persist with 433 then I fear for the worst.

Totally agree. The whole team from defence to attack is dysfunctional, and the players' performances are - almost to a man - miles below where they should be.

To me it's obvious that the problems start in midfield, which does not offer sufficient protection to the defence and is offering very little in terms of creativity to allow the attacking talent to shine.

I can see no 3-man combination from our current squad that will fix this. Kante, Kovacic and Mount are all top players as individuals but as a trio they do not work well. Jorginho's limitations in this league are plain to see. Gilmour could fit in but is not the aggressive, pacy, physical presence we need. Havertz is not a midfielder, or rather, he doesn't appear to be one at this stage. We could do with Barkley and a fit RLC to add some presence, but nothing I've seen from RLC since his injury suggests he would be the answer, and Barkley rarely looked convincing in a Chelsea shirt ( but was looking much better just before we loaned him out).

A 3-4-3 could add a bit of solidity, and could allow Havertz or Ziyech to play in front of midfield behind two front players. The wing backs - James and Chilwell - would provide the width, and we could then play two of Werner, Pulisic, Abraham, Giroud and CHO up front.

Right now, the only solution I can see is getting the right midfielder in in this window. No idea who it should be, but I don't think the player we need is in our current squad. Changing the manager would not solve the midfield problem.

Would like to see a change of system, try something out.

As has been mentioned a back 3 perhaps:

Kepa

Azpi

Silva

Zouma

James

Gilmour

Mount

Chilwell

Havertz

Giroud

Werner

Or sticking with a back 4 but still going 2 up top.

Kepa

Azpi

Zouma

Rudiger

Emerson

James

Gilmour

Mount

Chilwell

Giroud/Havertz

Werner

Hat tip to the old Baba and Le Saux combo for the insperation picking the sides on the later lol.

Well I guess Chilwer at left back and Alonso in front of him would be much better but dont see Alonso getting back in.

Edited by axman2526

------------------------Kepa--------------------------

Azpilicueta---Christensen--Rüdiger-------Emerson

-----------------Gilmour-----Jorginho---------------

----CHO--------------Havertz--------------Ziyech---

-----------------------Werner------------------------

11 hours ago, essien88 said:

Let's trust the process

EsKdhjZXIAADmqF.jpeg

I actually remember being disappointed in Frank for his behaviour towards AVB, I felt it was very unprofessional, he made a few comments like that. But obviously we forgot about it considering how good he was after AVB left. 

We will probably put out a strong team in an effort to build some confidence. If things go well hopefully some of the younger players will get a few minutes. Hoping Timo can score a goal or 2 and build some confidence to take into the next run of games.

Luton have been fairly inconsistent in terms of form but they come into the game with nothing to lose so could be dangerous opponents. Whatever team is picked we need to be up for it, or Frank's situation could get worse.

7 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

That don't get away from the fact, Lamps kind of gloated when they sacked AVB, i'm sure there is that person in his dressing room already, that thinks he cant cut it........

I really wasn’t a fan of AVB. He dropped Terry, Lampard and Drogba. 3 huge leaders, you simply do not drop players like that. I also recall that he dropped Ashley Cole for the crucial leg at Napoli. Who drops Ashley Cole?! 

He quite clearly didn’t have an idea what he was doing and his post Chelsea career proved he really isn’t all that.

What Lampard said was fully justified imo, gloating or not.