Chelsea v Malmo FF (CL) Wed 20th Oct KO 20:00 BST

coco

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Zenit is a tricky side, need to go at them from the first minute so we can rest some players for the weekend. 

Weekend is Norwich at home. We can rest players there and should still win by a cricket score.

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

Weekend is Norwich at home. We can rest players there and should still win by a cricket score.

Don't forget we've got Norwich on Saturday lunchtime. If Tuchel was Klopp he would already be complaining about that.

Just send the best 11 out, get to 3:0 via 60 minutes and make 5 changes. Regardless how good or bad Malmo is, this is not a game we could afford to f* up.  how the hell we get to play Satuday lunch time after playing a Wednesday night game? make zero sense

As a result of Tuchel not starting  Silva, Mount, Jorginho, Havertz, James on the weekend we have a number of good players that should be fresher for Malmo. 
Alonso started the season well but I prefer the team with chiller in it. Pulisic is such a passenger this season. Tempted to say cho should start in the front three with havertz at 9 and mount at 10. 

3 hours ago, wizardous said:

Don't forget we've got Norwich on Saturday lunchtime. If Tuchel was Klopp he would already be complaining about that.

Well that helps them but even with how poor we are at early kick offs that is no excuse this time, Norwich are awful.

TT is a smart man so I expect him to use the squad, keep a strong core but rotate several positions to keep us fresh for the short turnover. I did not realize Norwich was a Lunch kickoff when I picked a team I would like to see for Malmo. So knowing that we could do something like this:

Malmo:

Kepa

Christensen

Silva

Sarr

James

RLC

Kante

Alonso

Werner

Havertz

Mount

Then for Norwich:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger

Dave

Jorgi

Kova

Chilwell

Werner

Lukaku

Pulisic (haha...or CHO)

Edited by axman2526

Like others have said this is a must win. I would field a strong side to ensure we get the job done. 

Mendy 

Azbi christensen sarr

james jorginho kovacic alonso 

mount werner 

lukaku 

It is obvious that Lukaku is fatigued and out of form we should rest him and go with the False 9 that won us this competition last season. Lukaku will be a great Plan B if we need a goal

Mendy

Chalobah     Silva          Rudiger

James       Kante     Jorginho          Alonso

Mount        Havertz        Werner

On 17/10/2021 at 15:34, axman2526 said:

Don't count on it...our forwards stink the joint out right now and we have to rely on our defenders to keep the ball out of our net, as well as putting the ball in the oppositions net.  TT said it today..teams are always playing deep against us and rely on the counter and we have to find a way of breaking them down; but with no creative midfielder or any willing to take a shot from o/s the box we will continue to struggle.  May be give Saul a run out see if he's improved any? 

2 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

Don't count on it...our forwards stink the joint out right now and we have to rely on our defenders to keep the ball out of our net, as well as putting the ball in the oppositions net.  TT said it today..teams are always playing deep against us and rely on the counter and we have to find a way of breaking them down; but with no creative midfielder or any willing to take a shot from o/s the box we will continue to struggle.  May be give Saul a run out see if he's improved any? 

Good thing our defenders are scoring eh?

6 hours ago, CFCCAN said:

May be give Saul a run out see if he's improved any? 

Be more inclined to give Barkley a run instead of Kova. Kova’s played a lot of footie recently. Barkley and RLC here, or Barkley and Jorginho and the kova and the other on Saturday. 

as for Kante he could sit out another week. 

on what I’ve seen so far three across the middle doesn’t suit us. 

don’t think I’ve picked a Tuchel 11 correctly yet. 

Mendy

James Trev Silva Rudigier alonso

Rlc Ross 

cho havertz mount 

But we will probably see Jorginho and Kante and one of Werner and Romelu.