Frenkie De Jong, not a rumour but apparently for sale

ozboy

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

You know thinking about it @forbzy I would not be surprised if that Gerard bloke tweeted that so he could later tweet how FDJ turned down such money and took a pay cut to stay at at mighty Barca.

If we did make an offer, it was probably for a lot less. Gerrard Romero enjoys taking the piss.

How much longer before my dreams are officially crushed? Do we have until midnight on the 31st? Or the 1st?

24 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

If we did make an offer, it was probably for a lot less. Gerrard Romero enjoys taking the piss.

How much longer before my dreams are officially crushed? Do we have until midnight on the 31st? Or the 1st?

I believe the window closes on September 1st at 11PM.

I know that he would have been ideal for us. But it became so obvious that he personally doesn't want to come here, why can't we just move on and sign someone else for 70m? I'm sure you can find a DM for that money elsewhere that is quality.

Edited by Gol15

14 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

I know that he would have been ideal for us. But it became so obvious that he personally doesn't want to come here, why can't we just move on and sign someone else for 70m? I'm sure you can find a DM for that money elsewhere that is quality.

Neves, Locatelli, etc. Neves i particularly like as he is Prem ready. We could spend this money on FDJ and put him on an immense salary and then end up with Donny van der Beek

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

But he's very happy to be on the bench and watch Busquets. He didn't even play against Real Madrid at all.

Yes, I think we should'n even consider a player that is happy on the bench. He wants to sit on the bench for Barcelona rather than play for us. Let him sit there.

Hey De Jong, Dembele, Raphinha, Kounde, Lewandowski, Kessie, how's that project going.

Glad it's the dream club and not all about the money. Going to find out how important it is "not being about the money", pretty soon guys.

Enjoy your Thursday nights.........for a little while perhaps.

• 3 months later...

On 09/02/2023 at 11:16, Gol15 said:

Apparently La Liga is warning Uefalona to cut their budget by around 200m euros in order to avoid breaking the rules. Which could mean that they would need to sell some high earners.....

De Jong would be a dream signing for this midfield but unfortunately he and a few other high earners are set to take cuts or even just leave the club in general like alba and busquets.

On 09/02/2023 at 22:16, Gol15 said:

Apparently La Liga is warning Uefalona to cut their budget by around 200m euros in order to avoid breaking the rules. Which could mean that they would need to sell some high earners.....

Tebas has to be careful, La Liga's rules are seriously encroaching on restraint of trade practices. La Liga wants to outlaw/restrict the funds Barcelona received from selling its assets, which would never fly in any other field. Imagine telling any other private company they could not use the proceeds of the sale of their assets!

Anyway, if they are having a fire sale, we'd be nuts not to go all in for Frenkie De Jong. He is the perfect complement to Enzo Fernandez in either a three or two-man midfield.

8 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Tebas has to be careful, La Liga's rules are seriously encroaching on restraint of trade practices. La Liga wants to outlaw/restrict the funds Barcelona received from selling its assets, which would never fly in any other field. Imagine telling any other private company they could not use the proceeds of the sale of their assets!

Anyway, if they are having a fire sale, we'd be nuts not to go all in for Frenkie De Jong. He is the perfect complement to Enzo Fernandez in either a three or two-man midfield.

It does happen in business though, if that business has massive debt it has to service they are required to pay the debtors first over any other spend. In this case Barcelona owe other clubs in the same league so its no surprise La Liga is pushing them to use the funds to pay debt to those clubs.

If its in La Liga`s operational rules then Barca have 2 choices really, go along with them or quit the league.

Edited by dkw

On 15/02/2023 at 19:43, dkw said:

It does happen in business though, if that business has massive debt it has to service they are required to pay the debtors first over any other spend. In this case Barcelona owe other clubs in the same league so its no surprise La Liga is pushing them to use the funds to pay debt to those clubs.

If its in La Liga`s operational rules then Barca have 2 choices really, go along with them or quit the league.

Good point, but apart from a small blip in January 2021 due to COVID impact, Barcelona's debt has never been unserviceable. For context, their total debt was similar to Spurs but with almost triple the revenue to service it. They weren't ever declared insolvent, so I don't think they were ever required to pay back debtors.

Their original debt re-financing would have allowed them to pay back the clubs that they owed transfer debts to, but La Liga rules prevented them from using that model due to the revenue restrictions plus they've tried to change the rules arbitrarily to punish Barcelona. It's an absolute farce and frankly I hope both Barcelona and the league goes bust as each try to outdo the other.

19 minutes ago, SydneyChelsea said:

Good point, but apart from a small blip in January 2021 due to COVID impact, Barcelona's debt has never been unserviceable. For context, their total debt was similar to Spurs but with almost triple the revenue to service it. They weren't ever declared insolvent, so I don't think they were ever required to pay back debtors.

Their original debt re-financing would have allowed them to pay back the clubs that they owed transfer debts to, but La Liga rules prevented them from using that model due to the revenue restrictions plus they've tried to change the rules arbitrarily to punish Barcelona. It's an absolute farce and frankly I hope both Barcelona and the league goes bust as each try to outdo the other.

I wonder if La Liga has rules over paying their clubs any debts first, I can kind of remember something along those lines in the English leagues when Bury were on trouble. Part of the operating licence or something. 

19 hours ago, dkw said:

I wonder if La Liga has rules over paying their clubs any debts first, I can kind of remember something along those lines in the English leagues when Bury were on trouble. Part of the operating licence or something. 

They should do, for the health of the league you would need to ensure that footballing debts like transfers are prioritised over commercial debts in any liquidation proceedings. I'm sure they have an exception if your club is called Barcelona or Real Madrid though

3 hours ago, SydneyChelsea said:

They should do, for the health of the league you would need to ensure that footballing debts like transfers are prioritised over commercial debts in any liquidation proceedings. I'm sure they have an exception if your club is called Barcelona or Real Madrid though

See the latest, the ref they were paying off is was threatening to release all the stories and facts on how Barcelona had been cheating for years, who they were paying etc and thats why he got money.

Also They started to investigate in October and the CSD changed the statutes in December - who was the person who put through the changes?  The ex-vice-president of Barcelona during the scandal,  Albert Solé!

Then we have the president of La Liga coming out with this beauty: -

"Its clear that these services should never have been provided," the Tebas said. "It wont be possible for Barcelona to receive disciplinary sanctions. Five years have gone by and [the period in which to hand out] these types of sanctions expires after three years."

Its disgusting corruption, I`m sure UEFA and FIFA will be getting involved soon....soon.....well maybe....in fact no, no they wont. If it was us we would be getting sanctions already.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

See the latest, the ref they were paying off is was threatening to release all the stories and facts on how Barcelona had been cheating for years, who they were paying etc and thats why he got money.

Also They started to investigate in October and the CSD changed the statutes in December - who was the person who put through the changes?  The ex-vice-president of Barcelona during the scandal,  Albert Solé!

Then we have the president of La Liga coming out with this beauty: -

Its disgusting corruption, I`m sure UEFA and FIFA will be getting involved soon....soon.....well maybe....in fact no, no they wont. If it was us we would be getting sanctions already.

Everybody knows it's been happening with Barcelona. Anytime they needed a goal, they would conveniently get a penalty or a team would get a red card. What has always bugged me is that just mentioning that there might be something off would get you labelled as a conspiracy theorist. Even last night against United, there were a lot of dodgy calls in their favour. I never knew why these types of things are so unbelievable to some people, the game has been rife with corruption for years now.

I'm sure this goes back much much further with Barcelona, easily back to Guardiola's days. It's funny in a way, all of that talk of him being one of the greatest coaches ever and almost all of it could be tainted. Messi is in a similar position being labelled as the greatest ever. This is partly why I am sure Barcelona will receive no punishment, so many of the greatest achievements in the game in the past 15 years would be tainted.