Graham Potter (Now Sacked ) - *Official* New (Now Old) Chelsea Manager

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

19 minutes ago, Deino said:

I know you want to back Potter and slag Tuchel but Potter is struggling to get the team to 40 points. We used to clear that by gameday 14~17. 

I have been very consistent - read back through any number of my posts. I severely doubt Potter is the answer to our questions. So you saying "you want to back Potter" in relation to me is simply not true.

I will support any manager we have - as I always want us to win and be the best we can be. I have also said for ages that the rebuild we are going through will be painful with ups and downs. At the moment there are lots more downs and it looks like Potter does not have the answers. But only time will tell.

Just now, nonotnowjim said:

I have been very consistent - read back through any number of my posts. I severely doubt Potter is the answer to our questions. So you saying "you want to back Potter" in relation to me is simply not true.

I will support any manager we have - as I always want us to win and be the best we can be. I have also said for ages that the rebuild we are going through will be painful with ups and downs. At the moment there are lots more downs and it looks like Potter does not have the answers. But only time will tell.

So you don't back Potter but at the same time back the manager which is Potter, so.. 

Time has told you. This game told you. We lost to the worst team in the league. You don't get lower than that?

2 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

Were the fans booing Potter as much as we used to boo Sarri, who had us comfortably top 4? Feels like Potter's biggest strength is getting people to pity him at this point

Potter didn't do a particularly good job at Brighton

His greatest strengths have always been being English and getting nice treatment from the media.

It's something I picked up on last season, on the rare occasions Brighton would win 3 games in a row or draw with a decent side he'd have endless praised and be talked up as a future England manager or managing a big club 

When they'd go on long double digit winless runs were the Brighton supporters booed Potter off and wanted him sacked like they did in all 3 seasons under him the media would either ignore it or criticise the Brighton supporters.

This is a man with a much worse resume than Big Sam but Boehly bought the media hype.

Graham Potter after the match press:

"I didn't have enough time to invent a system and I indentify with the principles that were in the house before: solid, a unit, together. We had a fantastic week of work and we showed what we could do. If someone wants to beat this team, they are going to have to be on their best day. To be a winner, first you have to lose. It's about process, future, taking one step at the time."

Just to recap:

29% win percentage in the league 💣
17 league matches, 21 points won 💣
Got kicked out of both league Cups in round 1 (first time this has happens since 1989) 💣
Lost the first leg vs BvB in the CL first knockout stage 💣
Current form: DLLLWDDDLL ( 1 win in 10 ) 💣
This match vs Southampton D. Fofana created 2 chances and Potter took him out at half time. 💣

FpQ7oGBXsAMPANl?format=jpg&name=large

23 minutes ago, charierre said:

How do you class a ‘relegation fight’? Within 10 points of bottom three?  Our form since Graham came in has us fourth bottom , technically that is  a relegation fight? 
BTW your even money bet is very poor value https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/29301810

We have not been in a relegation fight since Potter came. Our lowest position has been what? 12th place?

I get the point you are making, that potter is in over his head (I don't necessarily disagree btw) - but we are not in, nor have we been in a relegation fight for a long time. 10 points of the relegation zone isnt a relegation fight either. If we were 6 points away, then I think thats fair to say its a fight. I am confident we wont get there.

The offer to @Scott Harris stands. He thinks there is "no doubt" we will be in a relegation fight. I would bet £50 to the shed end fund that we do not get sucked into any such fight (for clarity - within 6 points of the relegation zone)

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

So you don't back Potter but at the same time back the manager which is Potter, so.. 

Time has told you. This game told you. We lost to the worst team in the league. You don't get lower than that?

Back means want him to stay for better or worse.

Support - I support him all the time he is in the job. Even though I very much doubt that he is the right man for it.

5 minutes ago, Deino said:

Strong defensively? We suck! We pretty much concede a goal a game

I think we've actually got the 2nd joint best defensive record in the League this season 

But we've only scored 23 goals so far this season, Leeds are in the bottom 3 and have scored more than us.

His Brighton team had serious issues scoring also. But at least he's consistent :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Graham Potter after the match press:

"I didn't have enough time to invent a system and I indentify with the principles that were in the house before: solid, a unit, together. We had a fantastic week of work and we showed what we could do. If someone wants to beat this team, they are going to have to be on their best day. To be a winner, first you have to lose. It's about process, future, taking one step at the time."

Just to recap:

29% win percentage in the league 💣
17 league matches, 21 points won 💣
Got kicked out of both league Cups in round 1 (first time this has happens since 1989) 💣
Lost the first leg vs BvB in the CL first knockout stage 💣
Current form: DLLLWDDDLL ( 1 win in 10 ) 💣
This match vs Southampton D. Fofana created 2 chances and Potter took him out at half time. 💣

FpQ7oGBXsAMPANl?format=jpg&name=large

This guy has a masters degree in emotional intelligence but a PHD in waffling.

So I’ve never been a keep Potter fan but one thing about his failure is his back room staff. Our coaches have always had top notch assistants. Potter is overwhelmed by the size and scale of our club but equally he’s not got a Steve Holland type supporting him. Everytime I see him talking to his assistants they all look more clueless than him and that’s saying something. Get Enrique in and get our club firing again! 

I saw bits of the press conference. I hate him for not even been livid with the Azpi incident

An opponent kick your boy in the face and you let it go!? What is wrong with you!

The man inherited a group of Champions League winners, World Cup winner and so many potential stars and he doesn't know what to do with them

20 minutes ago, Deino said:

You forget Potter has changed the Starting XI every game. 

Look at today's lineup

Kova and Enzo - first time together

DDFofana, Mount, Joao, Madueke - first time together

Chilwell, Badiashile, Koulibaly, Azpi - first time together.

What a dumbass lineup, Potter literally then made 3 tactical changes in 45min.

What the feck? How does that help any one of the players?

and we dont have a game for 8 days. Just get the win then rest players.