Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

15 minutes ago, PrinceOfPortugal said:

Also Rui Costa is on his way to Arouca shortly. Guessing the deal is now made.

That or it has fallen through.

22 minutes ago, JM7 said:

🚨 PUMP:
Chelsea will pay Enzo's 120M clause! After being rejected several times by Rui Costa, the English “got tired” of playing and will advance with the 120M. Benfica had no chance.

120mill plus 40mill taxes, all in one go. Meaning we are screwed for FFP. Hopefully we get the PSG and City treatment but I think more likely European ban and points deduction from the PL.

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I know money helps, but it really is astonishing how much Potter, Vivell, and Eghbali have influenced the likes of Felix, Mudryk, Muedeke, Nkunku, Gvardiol, and now the best young midfielder in the world on this project. 

When did we sign Gvardiol? I must have missed that.

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I know money helps, but it really is astonishing how much Potter, Vivell, and Eghbali have influenced the likes of Felix, Mudryk, Muedeke, Nkunku, Gvardiol, and now the best young midfielder in the world on this project. 

It's the domino effect. Once Mudryk and Nkunku was onboard, any midfielder worth his salt would have begun dreaming

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

When did we sign Gvardiol? I must have missed that.

Not that he's joining, but the fact he's interested in joining and personal terms were agreed back in August. (per Romano)

1 minute ago, El regreso said:

You have to give it Rui Costa absolutely fleecing us for €120million euro.

He has every right to. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

120mill plus 40mill taxes, all in one go. Meaning we are screwed for FFP. Hopefully we get the PSG and City treatment but I think more likely European ban and points deduction from the PL.

Most likely but now we have time to gel them all together. That's the most crucial part

Just now, Deino said:

Most likely but now we have time to gel them all together. That's the most crucial part

Is he worth being banned from Europe? How many points will the PL deduct us? 20? 30? It would write off another season to sign one player. You know we won't get it lightly. All other 19 member clubs will want the book thrown at us.

Sources in Portugal tell @TheAthleticFC there’s now heightened optimism agreement can be struck for Enzo Fernandez to join Chelsea. Benfica have granted permission to do medical in Portugal in case deal struck @TheAthleticFC #CFC #SLBenfica #DeadlineDay

24 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

We aren't paying 40m in taxes. That's not going to be a thing. 

35 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

I think it was just money tbh 

31 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Is he worth being banned from Europe? How many points will the PL deduct us? 20? 30? It would write off another season to sign one player. You know we won't get it lightly. All other 19 member clubs will want the book thrown at us.

Regulations change in the summer, we should be fine, especially if we clear out more deadwood