Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

Sconnie Blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

RTP is the equivalent of BBC in Portugal isn't it?

In that case he's staying and we are complete idiots for letting Jorginho leave.

Whether or not Enzo joins we have too many players in the squad so some have to leave. Jorginho was walking on a free in the summer anyway. At this point the focus is likely not on this season but future years.

This stuff happens on the last day of every transfer window. Its cr@p really becuase it puts a downer on what has been a stellar window for us. This would have been the cherry but nothing this big usually gets done on the last day.

Must make sure those cheating Barcelona fckers don't nab Felix today from under our noses

7 minutes ago, forbzy said:

If that information is correct I would say the overall fee has been agreed, but the 2 clubs have yet to reach an agreement over the payment structure.

I'm in a similar predicament at the Lamborghini garage right now.   Just a small disagreement over my 100 year payment structure, but the cars basically mine!

6 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

It means nothing though. Same as that Alvarez fella that was pushing through a transfer by refusing to train on the last day of the last window. What a load of old bollox that was as well

Yes. Caicedo was also told to stop training until the window closed, but that does not make Brighton any more likely to sell him today.

🚨 Benfica have not given Chelsea a direct no, but more to the terms and structure. Chelsea haven’t walked away yet, but they might soon. 

Chelsea had a jet ready, and the club had been preparing announcements.

Talks are ongoing and getting decisive.

#CFC

(@siphillipssport)

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

I doubt they will budge at this point. So either the board decide to pay the whole amount up front, or this doesn't happen. From the board's perspective I imagine the question is whether this messes up their financial model?

1 minute ago, forbzy said:

I doubt they will budge at this point. So either the board decide to pay the whole amount up front, or this doesn't happen. From the board's perspective I imagine the question is whether this messes up their financial model?

It does. 

100m for Caicedo incoming. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Gonna look really stupid letting Jorginho go if this doesn't go through. Also talks of Gallagher going as well.

Instead of improving the position that needs the most work, there is a high chance we are going to make it a lot worse.

Jorginho was always going to leave, likely on a free this summer. I will be shocked if we also sell Conor this window unless we wrap up Enzo or similar.

Just now, JM7 said:

What are Benfica playing at? They won’t get this outrageous money in the summer. 

But they'll get him for the next few months, which is what they care about more than 5 or 10m. 

It does seem astounding that the clause can only be activated if the whole sum is paid in one go. 

Got to be some form of workaround, surprised talk of Santos going there on loan hasn't been mentioned, no work permit issue with Portugal.

But if they continue to hard ball we have to walk away. 

Behdad Eghbali is a smart man and will be doing all possible to get this over the line.  The challenge is Rui Costa who just won't budge out of principle .  The longer this drags on the less likely.  Could you image we get it done though and some paperwork isn't submitted in time and he can't play - you know the PL and UEFA would look for a reason to clip our wings!

Get this done!

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to the club  that we are close to getting this done given how we freely let Jorginho go to a rival club. Refuse to believe the club are this ignorant in weakening an area that was already in poor shape to begin with, without having confirmation of a replacement lined up. 

2 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

But they'll get him for the next few months, which is what they care about more than 5 or 10m. 

It does seem astounding that the clause can only be activated if the whole sum is paid in one go. 

Got to be some form of workaround, surprised talk of Santos going there on loan hasn't been mentioned, no work permit issue with Portugal.

But if they continue to hard ball we have to walk away. 

But they can solve that by us loaning him back to them. Seems to me more like Rui Costa just wants to be difficult because he's still pissed from the first negotiations we did earlier in the month.

4 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Jorginho was always going to leave, likely on a free this summer. I will be shocked if we also sell Conor this window unless we wrap up Enzo or similar.

I would rather lose him on a free in the summer than sell him now with no back up in a position we are seriously struggling with. We still have half a season left to play.

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

But they can solve that by us loaning him back to them. Seems to me more like Rui Costa just wants to be difficult because he's still pissed from the first negotiations we did earlier in the month.

Feels like they have been very consistent in their standpoint all along. They want the release clause paid in full if he is to leave this month. Our first approach hit the rocks because allegedly we tried to offer players plus cash. Now we seem to have hit a block because we want to pay in installments. Question is whether we will ultimately give in to their original demands, or walk away?

From Benfica's point of view they may not get as much for him in the summer, but there could well be a lot more bidders which would also potentially put the price up. So it is a gamble.