Enzo Fernandez - Officially a Blue!

Sconnie Blue
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

It will be interesting to see what happens with Enzo.

If it is decided he is the wrong fit for us, there can't be many clubs that could buy him for a large enough fee for us not to make a FFP loss on him ... ?

PSG maybe ? Real Madrid don't need him ... Barcelona have no money ...  all the PL clubs have the same FFP constraints ... 

2 hours ago, OriginalS said:

Percentage of passes going forward:

Caicedo: 84.5%
Gallagher: 89.6%
Fernandez: 50.8%

You could say a lot about our midfield but for me there is no doubt the Gallagher-Caicedo pivot is far more suited to Pochettino-ball than any midfield with Enzo in it. Surprised people aren't really seeing it but he slows us down a lot and he's often a liability defensively.

Enzo is not usually playing in a pivot, he tries to take a more advanced position often and then he receives the pass with his back turned and passes it back.

Andrey Santos can play in the pivot so even if we sell Gallagher (shouldn't happen) we have that all covered. Enzo can do it well but he clearly doesn't want to.

But Palmer scoring 3 goals from that AM position showed that Pochettino shouldn't put anyone else there but Palmer so I don't know why would Pochettino accommodate Enzo there so... Something's gotta give.

PS. You can argue that Palmer is so good that you can put him more wide and he'll still be good but we automatically lose a lot of explosiveness from the central area and we don't really gain much from having Enzo there.

Edited by Gol15

16 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Enzo is not usually playing in a pivot, he tries to take a more advanced position often and then he receives the pass with his back turned and passes it back.

Andrey Santos can play in the pivot so even if we sell Gallagher (shouldn't happen) we have that all covered. Enzo can do it well but he clearly doesn't want to.

But Palmer scoring 3 goals from that AM position showed that Pochettino shouldn't put anyone else there but Palmer so I don't know why would Pochettino accommodate Enzo there so... Something's gotta give.

PS. You can argue that Palmer is so good that you can put him more wide and he'll still be good but we automatically lose a lot of explosiveness from the central area and we don't really gain much from having Enzo there.

Assuming we can get everyone fit next season (yes I know it's optimistic) Nkunku should be playing as the 10 with Palmer on the right. 

2 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Assuming we can get everyone fit next season (yes I know it's optimistic) Nkunku should be playing as the 10 with Palmer on the right. 

Think with who we currently have and the way we press, we are better off playing without a 10. Too many holes in midfield when the CAM is leading the press. 

Give Nkunku and Palmer free forward roles. 

Petrovic

James ???? Colwill ????

Lavia

Caicedo  Enzo

Palmer         NKunku

????

14 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Think with who we currently have and the way we press, we are better off playing without a 10. Too many holes in midfield when the CAM is leading the press. 

Petrovic

James ???? Colwill ????

Lavia

Caicedo  Enzo

Palmer         NKunku

????

I think this is how we should line up away to teams like City and Liverpool but against teams we should be beating like Brentford, Everton etc I'd take out Lavia with Mudryk LW and Nkunku behind the striker.

4 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

I think this is how we should line up away to teams like City and Liverpool but against teams we should be beating like Brentford, Everton etc I'd take out Lavia with Mudryk LW and Nkunku behind the striker.

Oh yeah for sure. Just begs the question why Poch didn't do this earlier. Gallagher at LW against Sheffield just looking stupider and stupider after last night's performance. 

12 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

This is a predicament as he will likely want to make it in time for the Copa America. Surgery at this point in time essentially rules him out for the rest of the season. 

This season is a write off. Would prefer he has surgery now so he's ready for next season. Conor and Caicedo have midfield covered and we've got Casadei who could fill in too.

11 minutes ago, Gonoir Beniashile said:

This season is a write off. Would prefer he has surgery now so he's ready for next season. Conor and Caicedo have midfield covered and we've got Casadei who could fill in too.

It is still in our hands to make Europa. 

6 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

It is still in our hands to make Europa. 

Sure but let's face it he was a machine from day 1 in the starting lineup, it's not his fault that players keep getting injured or are still recovering.

If everyone were to get healthy are ready for next season, him included, we would be looking at a strong team.

1 hour ago, timetowaste said:

So you mean:

Palmer Nkunku Mudryk
                  Jackson

It's all fine but Madueke isn't playing and I think Madueke should be playing so... Yes I know Jackson has 10 PL goals and I'm aware that Nkunku as the lone striker wouldn't be ideal but...

Madueke  Palmer  Mudryk
                Nkunku

This looks more flexible to me, in a sense that you wouldn't know who would be making a run because Nkunku has a free role and you don't know from which side the ball will cut through the channels. This is of course for the big matches, I don't mind seeing Pochettino making a hit with fast breaks and just a lot of counter-attacking.

27 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Sure but let's face it he was a machine from day 1 in the starting lineup, it's not his fault that players keep getting injured or are still recovering.

If everyone were to get healthy are ready for next season, him included, we would be looking at a strong team.

So you mean:

Palmer Nkunku Mudryk
                  Jackson

It's all fine but Madueke isn't playing and I think Madueke should be playing so... Yes I know Jackson has 10 PL goals and I'm aware that Nkunku as the lone striker wouldn't be ideal but...

Madueke  Palmer  Mudryk
                Nkunku

This looks more flexible to me, in a sense that you wouldn't know who would be making a run because Nkunku has a free role and you don't know from which side the ball will cut through the channels. This is of course for the big matches, I don't mind seeing Pochettino making a hit with fast breaks and just a lot of counter-attacking.

Nkunku would be massively wasted as a 9 in my opinion, I'm under the assumption that we'll sign a striker in the summer (possibly one of Toney, Osimhen, Gyokeres, Sesko). Jackson has improved but there's no chance we can go into next season with him as our first choice striker. 

On 16/04/2024 at 23:58, Sconnie Blue said:

Petrovic

James ???? Colwill ????

Lavia

Caicedo  Enzo

Palmer         NKunku

????

There is not much different between 4231 and 433. Generally, most team will ask one of the midifelder to join the press and you will end up in 4231/442 shape. 

You can do Liverpool narrow front 3 press but you need your two winger and two wide midfielder to be super athletic which mean no enzo and no Palmer. 

6 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

There is not much different between 4231 and 433. Generally, most team will ask one of the midifelder to join the press and you will end up in 4231/442 shape. 

You can do Liverpool narrow front 3 press but you need your two winger and two wide midfielder to be super athletic which mean no enzo and no Palmer. 

Palmer essentially plays as an inside forward already. Nkunku as well. 

Enzo is already covering the most ground as it is. 

18 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Palmer essentially plays as an inside forward already. Nkunku as well. 

Enzo is already covering the most ground as it is. 

It has nothing to do with inside fw/winger. It is about their defensive responsibility. 

Who do you want to help your st press in the middle? 

If you say I want my winger, then your midfielder need to shift wide and defend wide area. If you want your midfielder to do so then your winger will defend wide area.