Liverpool v Chelsea (PL) Sat 21st Jan 2023 12:30 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, OriginalS said:

Liverpools lineup is a mess as well. We should get something out of this tie. 

I think so too. I can only assume we are playing Hall higher up to track Milner and give some help against Salah. Last time we tried that tactic was against Bayern when Bertrand started!

4 minutes ago, Mod said:

Where the f**k is Kova??

Not the worst thing in the world for him to be out for this one. He is not fantastic against teams like Liverpool that break quickly and have lots of off the ball movement. Between his slow jogging back when caught on the counter and ball watching he can be a bit of a liability off the ball.

2 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Not the worst thing in the world for him to be out for this one. He is not fantastic against teams like Liverpool that break quickly and have lots of off the ball movement. Between his slow jogging back when caught on the counter and ball watching he can be a bit of a liability off the ball.

I’d argue his best performances have been against Liverpool. That goal for one, he was MOTM.. couple of others too. 

Jorgi will get pressed to death, he can't handle a press, gets himself in trouble time after time and will allow Liverpool to win the ball high up the pitch. I really don't understand why even our previous managers put him in the side when we play high pressing teams.  Our defenders are in for a tough afternoon. I can only assume that Kovacic picked up a knock and I get the inclusion of Gallagher for his work rate running around like a headless chicken to match Liverpool.  Who's marking Salah? Hall?    Unless Potter has some master stroke or plan up his magic sleeve I don't see us walking away with anything unless Liverpool, as bad as they have been, have a worse afternoon than us....the Kop today just might be the difference.  

2 minutes ago, coco said:

It's easier to pick the lottery winning numbers than predict the Chelsea line up and formation.

I don't like Potter keep giving the captains arm band to Jorginho. @just it must be hard for you to accept, your man Potter captaining @Gol15's boy ?

TBH Coco there isn't many options at the moment, and we have bigger problems than who wears the armband. Yes, we all know Jorginho isn't the bravest soldier and doesn't lead by example but he is vastly experienced. In truth the only real contender we have is Silva.

I'm positive when all our players return J5 won't be in the team let alone Captain.

8 minutes ago, coco said:

It's easier to pick the lottery winning numbers than predict the Chelsea line up and formation.

I don't like Potter keep giving the captains arm band to Jorginho. @just it must be hard for you to accept, your man Potter captaining @Gol15's boy ?

You just want them to take over the match thread so you have something to look forward too.

This Chelsea line up has scored 13 goals this season between them, including 3 pens from Jorginho it is only 10 from open play. 6  from Havertz, 3 from Mount and 1 from Gallagher. 7 of the starting XI haven't scored yet this season. I hope at least a couple of them do something about that this afternoon !