So it's Pochettino *Officially Chelsea Manager*

Chelsea Megastore

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

That fact that we keep getting undone by set pieces shows he's not working on it in training. 

I dont think there was anything wron g tactically - if mudryk shows a little bit of desire and if it aint such a world class header....

5 minutes ago, forbzy said:

A lot of people falling for the media hype that we just lost to U21's team. Yes Liverpool brought on some young players in extra time when most players from both teams were gassed. But for 90 minutes that was pretty well the best starting 11 that they had. Lets not fall for this poor Liverpool with their injuries rubbish when we had just as many out. Look at our bench for example. There were a couple of names I had barely heard of. 

TAA 

DOM

Salah

Nunez

Jota

Jones 

That is 6 of their starting XI out. (Jones in midfield with MacAllister holding) 

Gravenberch was hooked off injured early in the first half.

MacAllister, Gakpo, and Robertson hooked off late second half with 10 mins ago, replaced by 18-19 year old academy lads. 

A depleted Liverpool team + 3 academy kids and we resorted to counter attack football the last 40 minutes. 

It’s not good which ever way you look at it. 

1 minute ago, Sconnie Blue said:

TAA 

DOM

Salah

Nunez

Jota

Jones 

That is 6 of their starting XI out. (Jones in midfield with MacAllister holding) 

Gravenberch was hooked off injured early in the first half.

MacAllister, Gakpo, and Robertson hooked off late second half with 10 mins ago, replaced by 18-19 year old academy lads. 

A depleted Liverpool team + 3 academy kids and we resorted to counter attack football the last 40 minutes. 

It’s not good which ever way you look at it. 

No it isn't. But how about you look at the list of players unavailable to us for balance? Thiago Silva, Reece, Lavia, Carney, Fofana, Badiashile, Ugochukwu etc.

The media would have you believe that only 1 team had injuries.

That's the most worrying thing, after the chaos of all the subs Liverpool looked better in possession with the youngsters and Chelsea just waiting on counter attacks. I know its Chelsea's main way of scoring and it suits the players in the team but you would have thought if at any point in the season this squad could boss a game, put on continues pressure and create chances would be against a Liverpool youth team. Chelsea subs didn't help though tbh. 

To be fair I have supported Poch before and during his tenure as manager but on evidence, he is not good enough to change the direction of a game from his in game tactics or substitutions.

He's been dealt a sh*t hand by the clueless all knowing Boehly and his pals but nothing he seems to do from the bench gives us a boost. Actually seems to make us worse.

Probably best if we call it a day at end of season and bring in a proper tactician. 

1 minute ago, dansubrosa said:

That’s damming and unforgivable. Bizarre he would accept that or not get us to push for the winner.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe the players capitulated mentally/were exhausted but that’s dreadful considering Liverpool we’re having on in the last 10 minutes. 

Just now, forbzy said:

No it isn't. But how about you look at the list of players unavailable to us for balance? Thiago Silva, Reece, Lavia, Carney, Fofana, Badiashile, Ugochukwu etc.

The media would have you believe that only 1 team had injuries.

Only one of those players start for us. Could make a case for Silva but I’ve said all season Silva in a back 4 is a liability. 

Still doesn’t beat Liverpools 6 starters missing. They brought on academy kids, we brought on Nkunku, Mudryk, and Madueke. 150m worth of players vs Liverpool’s academy. 

Theres no defending this. 

You could look at it two ways.

One is, our incompetent sporting directors wasted a fortune on assembling an imbalanced collection of young inexperienced players that for the most part turned out to be flops or at least nowhere near talented enough to play for a top club.

Second is, they hired a manager known as a serial loser, but who's also a nice guy who won't create friction with the board and would just get on with the job, an ultimate company man.

Or both.

So we shouldn't really be too surprised.

Edited by abramovich

If he made the decision to play for pens against a team of children, then that is shameful.

If the players wanted to play for pens, and Poch agreed with them, then that is shameful.

If the players wanted to play for pens, and poch didnt want to, but couldnt say no or change their mentality, then that is shameful

Whatever it was, then it is not a good look for him.

9 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

That is almost a sackable offence in itself, we had a weakened Liverpool team on the ropes at the end of normal tinme and then he thought we had more chance of winning by playing out the 30 minutes without doing anything and trying to win on penalties instead!

8 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Only one of those players start for us. Could make a case for Silva but I’ve said all season Silva in a back 4 is a liability. 

Still doesn’t beat Liverpools 6 starters missing. They brought on academy kids, we brought on Nkunku, Mudryk, and Madueke. 150m worth of players vs Liverpool’s academy. 

We’d have paid £200m for the Liverpool academy players.

10 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Not one 18/19 year old in Liverpools academy is less talented than Mudryk or Madueke. If they were they'd have been released by now. 

Madueke in particular is a player Poch said wouldn't be good enough to play in the Premier league when Spurs moved him on.

you can say we spent xyz but the fact our owners decided to pay 10x the value of two young players who didn't look good in the Dutch or the Ukranian leagues doesn't help the manager win football matches. Didn't help Potter, Lamps, Poch and won't help the next manager.

Edited by Whats_The_Mata?

If he really said this I think I'm done with him.

Pochettino: “I don't know how you can describe this situation but for sure, I feel proud. They made a big effort. We are a young team and nothing to compare to Liverpool”

That's a losing mentality right there.

Edited by Scott

1 minute ago, Whats_The_Mata? said:

Not one kid in Liverpools academy is less talented than Mudryk or Madueke. If they were they'd have been released by now. 

Madueke in particular is a player Poch said wouldn't be good enough to play in the Premier league when Spurs moved him on.

you can say we spent xyz but the fact our owners decided to pay 10x the value of two young players who didn't look good in the Dutch or the Ukranian leagues doesn't help the manager win football matches.

I agree, which is why I found subbing both Jackson and Gallagher off daft then and daft now. But the worst of it is we conceded the match heading into extra time. This is all on Poch. 

14 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

That sums up the attitude of the club now. Long gone is the serial winning title, teams no longer fear us. The whole setup now has a losing mentality. If any of these supposed young world beaters are to gain fruition, we need a coach who is going to change their mentality. If your happy with finishing second ,guess where you end up?…10th😡