Chelsea v AFC Wimbledon (LC) Wed 30th Aug 2023 19:45 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

No need to rotate too much, it's not like we even have the players to rotate with. I think caicedo needs games seeing as he didn't have a pre season so he starts for me. 

Bergstorm

Gusto.  Disasi   humphreys. Cucurella

Ugochukwu. Caicedo

Madueke.     Gallagher.    Maatsen

Burstow

Edited by The Don Antonio

1 hour ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Petrovic

Gusto Disasi Badiashile Cucurella

Lavia Ugochukwu

Madueke       Maatsen        Mudryk

Broja

I like your line up in principle, but given the fact neither Badiashile, Lavia, Mudryk or Broja were in the squad tonight, I guess starts might come too early for them.

I'd go:

Petrovic

Gusto, Disasi, Humphreys, Cucu

Ugochukwu, Gallagher

Madueke, Maatsen, Moreira

Burstow

Edited by True Blue23

6 hours ago, coco said:

West London derby in August it better sell out.

I suppose there is the interest of afc Wimbledon, but an August fixture mid week should struggle. 

Arsenal and Tottenham  have flogged similar fixtures for a 5er before. Fulham still have plenty of seats against Tottenham. 

Edited by bisright1

Have to see who is available but Enzo, Jackson, Chilwell, Gusto and Silva should sit this out.

Players like Caicedo and Sanchez need the minutes.

Sanchez

Disasi

Humphreys 

Colwill

Cucurella 

Caicedo

Gallagher

Madueke 

Maatsen

Sterling

Burstow (or Broja if fit)

22 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

I noticed Everton vs Doncaster Rovers is on Sky Sports, Are we not live on TV also? I haven't been able to find anything.

Not on tv apparently. I don’t think I can be arsed with the hassle of dodgy streams either. 

3 hours ago, Deino said:

Is Badiashile in training already?

Seems like Badiashile and Broja won't be ready until after international break. Mudryk should be ready against Forest. 

Lavia might make an appearance off the bench. 

Petrovic

Gusto Disasi Humphreys Cucurella

Ugochukwu Caicedo

Madueke Gallagher Maatesn

Burstow

On 25/08/2023 at 22:49, bisright1 said:

Interesting that this game has sold out. But some Chelsea fans would have you believe we'd struggle to sell out a 60k stadium 

Well, not to say we could not fill 60’000 week in week out, but 40’000 with about 5000 visiting fans for a local-ish derby in a cup game in August that hasn’t happened since the time of Dave Beasant doesn’t necessarily mean we would get 60’000 every match.

Managed to get some tickets at last, like many chelsea fans don,t always leave the virtual waiting room any poorer. There are many chelsea fans who struggle big time to get tickets thus the need for a bigger stadium. And yet i remember the 70s and the started redevelopment that went so wrong, so it is a worry. 

For the record my last virtual waiting room success was Plymouth in the cup. Hope Carlton Fairweather is not playing !

3 hours ago, Snedger said:

Well, not to say we could not fill 60’000 week in week out, but 40’000 with about 5000 visiting fans for a local-ish derby in a cup game in August that hasn’t happened since the time of Dave Beasant doesn’t necessarily mean we would get 60’000 every match.

I don't have a membership, personal reasons mean I just can only go for one or two games a year at the moment. 

I couldn't buy a ticket to this game. I'm unlikely to be able to buy a ticket to any game this season. 

I'm certain if we had a 60k stadium we are selling out 95% of games 

2 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I'm certain if we had a 60k stadium we are selling out 95% of games 

You could very well be right and it’s fair to say we really ought to have a much larger stadium. However, sadly we are already 10, 15, 20 years behind our contemporaries, and by the time, if ever, we get a bigger stadium, we’ll probably be 30, 35, 40 years behind them.

It’s arguably the biggest failure of the Abramovich era that despite a huge trophy haul over twenty years that includes 2 European cups that we are still playing in front of 41 thousand sell outs.

3 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

We last won a domestic trophy in 2018, so a League Cup trophy win in February would be very welcome. Hence I'd hope we take each round of the competition very seriously and field a strong line up. 

We should have a strong enough squad to rest a few key players, while still putting out a strong team.