Diego "the guv'nor" Costa

7. PUNISHMENTS Relating to First Team Competitive Matches(FTCM)

(a) CAUTIONS ADMINISTERED ON THE FIELD OF PLAY
(i)If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and 31st December in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -
One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -
"Warned as to his Future Conduct"
(iii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five cautions and then proceeds to record a further five cautions during the same Season, will be subject to the following punishments: -
(iv) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:-
Two First Team matches
(v) If a Player accumulates ten recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: -
"Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct"
(vi) If a Player accumulates 15 recorded cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: -
Three First Team matches
(vii) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of recording five, ten and 15 cautions, and who goes on to record 20 cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Disciplinary Commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Commission will have the power to deal with the Player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions recorded against that Player.
(viii) Any period of suspension arising from recording cautions will commence forthwith. The suspension will cover all approved First Team matches until such time as his Club's First Team has completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic Competition.
(ix) Any period of suspension or part thereof which remains outstanding at the end of a Season must be served at the commencement of the next following Season.

1 hour ago, 1905 said:

The way am reading the rules is you get a one match suspension if you hit five yellows up to 31 December, however if you get your fifth on 01 January or after, it does not result in a suspension, instead you get a conduct warning.

Then, if you accumulate 10 yellows before the end of the season, it results in a 2 match suspension.

So in essence, my only inaccuracy was that if you accumulate 10 yellow cards up to the end of the season, it is actually a warning; you only get a 2 game suspension if you have accumulated 10 up to second Sunday of April.

Your inaccuracy was suggesting it is not a 2 game suspension when you accumulate 10 had you already served a 1 game suspension upon accumulating 5 up to 31 December. This is not correct. You will get a 2 game suspension regardless once you reach 10 up to second Sunday in April.

11 hours ago, 1905 said:

So in essence, my only inaccuracy was that if you accumulate 10 yellow cards up to the end of the season, it is actually a warning; you only get a 2 game suspension if you have accumulated 10 up to second Sunday of April.

Your inaccuracy was suggesting it is not a 2 game suspension when you accumulate 10 had you already served a 1 game suspension upon accumulating 5 up to 31 December. This is not correct. You will get a 2 game suspension regardless once you reach 10 up to second Sunday in April.

It seems not only did I remember it wrong but I also managed to find an unclear description on the FA's page too.  oh well :)

Costa may not play for Spain in their qualifying match against Macedonia due to a slight muscular discomfort. He could come back today to London. I hope the injury is not bad and he recovers well for our next match. Knowing him, he will be annoyed not to play these two coming matches with Spain.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2016/11/09/58235f5a22601ddb798b45d0.html

Well, he was quite annoyed when he wasn't called by Del Bosque for some games last season and the Euro 2016. But I'd say that he is a competitive player and wants to play as much as possible, if not every single match. And that is one of the main reasons why he decided to play for Spain, he thought he'd play more for Spain than for Brazil.

17 hours ago, RMH said:

Well, he was quite annoyed when he wasn't called by Del Bosque for some games last season and the Euro 2016. But I'd say that he is a competitive player and wants to play as much as possible, if not every single match. And that is one of the main reasons why he decided to play for Spain, he thought he'd play more for Spain than for Brazil.

Why would he think that though ? Brazil's main striker's were Fred and Jo at the time. Costa could easily have got in ahead of either of those 2.

Edited by Scott Harris

17 hours ago, RMH said:

It was not because of that. Like the previous poster said, Costa would of walked into Brazil's team. This is what he actually said:

"I hope people understand and respect my decision because it has been very difficult," he said. "It was very difficult to choose between the country where you were born and the country that has given you everything.

"I looked at everything and saw that it was right and best to play for Spain because this is where I have done everything. All that I have in my life was given to me by this country.

"I have a special affection. Here I feel very appreciated for all that I do and I feel the love of the people."

Edited by STATS

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 16:32, Scott Harris said:

I'm not so sure about that. He gave up on Brazil to play for Spain.

I don't think he gave up on Brazil for Spain for any other reasons than logistics and opportunities to play.

2 minutes ago, goose said:

Great poachers goal today. Really impressed on how he adjusted to get a clean strike on the ball. He's on top of his game at the moment, focused, and staying clear of trouble. Top striker in the league bar none.

“Before the game I said to my players you can't lose him for one second and they lost him”

Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka on Chelsea's star striker Diego Costa