Kenedy officially signs for Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Another nail in the coffin for talented youngsters ... Bertrand Traoré’s loan move to Ajax is done ... WTF.

The likes of Cuadrado (total Prem flop, the last time I saw him play) stays. Obviously, Conte doesn't know yet what we already know ...

I guess he's gonna have to find out the hard way ...

Another nail in the coffin for talented youngsters ... Bertrand Traoré’s loan move to Ajax is done ... WTF.

The likes of Cuadrado (total Prem flop, the last time I saw him play) stays. Obviously, Conte doesn't know yet what we already know ...

I guess he's gonna have to find out the hard way ...

Maybe someone has decided for him....................like Emenalo??

Or maybe, just maybe, at this point in time Cuadrado is a better player than Traore...

The sad thing is posters like "just" have no idea that football exists outside of England and are only judging Cuadrado on his short stint at Chelsea.

Little does he know he was one of the most highly regarded wingers in Serie A before we bought him and one of the best performed players at the World Cup, clocking up the most assists in the tournament and forming a formidable partnership with James Rodriguez which was instrumental to Colombia's success.

He was also brilliant for Juventus last season, which is why they were desperate to keep him. Unfortunately for posters like "just" we have a manager that knows what he's doing and has decided to give Juan a better opportunity to prove himself in the Premier League.

So there are conflicting views here. On one side we have a proven and decorated world class manager who would've watched countless hours worth of footage of Juan Cuadrado, and has decided to keep him on board.

On the other side we have a poster called "just", an armchair expert who has decided to write a player off based on the grand total of thirty minutes he watched of him on a television in his parent's basement.

It's a really, really tough decision on who to back. "Just" rips out some really clever and witty insults for opposition teams like "Wet Spam" (West Ham, get it?), so on his day he can be pretty convincing, but I think I'll go with Antonio Conte. I just have this suspicion that Conte might know a little bit more about football than old mate "just".

Football outside of England? Next you'll be telling me the world is round.

What I have seen from my parents basement is that Series A is a slower paced, less physically demanding league than the EPL. Therefore I reason that a player doing well in one league won't necessarily be successful in another with a different style of play. If you don't believe me ask Juan Veron.

Cuadrado was given chances to show what he could do under Jose and the fact is, however you try to spin it, he was an abject failure. He had all the strength and balance of a four year old on ice skates, and his tackling and defensive positioning when our opponents had the ball was non-existent. He fell over so often he needed knee pads and a helmet!

He has had a couple of decent showings in pre-season warm ups but would he get a starting spot at United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham? I don't think so. Is he the quality of player to help get us in the top three of the EPL? I don't think so. I think the first time he comes up against a a committed Ryan Shawcross type defender in a meaningful game he will end up on his arse yet again.

Football outside of England? Next you'll be telling me the world is round.

What I have seen from my parents basement is that Series A is a slower paced, less physically demanding league than the EPL. Therefore I reason that a player doing well in one league won't necessarily be successful in another with a different style of play. If you don't believe me ask Juan Veron.

Cuadrado was given chances to show what he could do under Jose and the fact is, however you try to spin it, he was an abject failure. He had all the strength and balance of a four year old on ice skates, and his tackling and defensive positioning when our opponents had the ball was non-existent. He fell over so often he needed knee pads and a helmet!

He has had a couple of decent showings in pre-season warm ups but would he get a starting spot at United, City, Arsenal, Tottenham? I don't think so. Is he the quality of player to help get us in the top three of the EPL? I don't think so. I think the first time he comes up against a a committed Ryan Shawcross type defender in a meaningful game he will end up on his arse yet again.

Well...

Arsenal - they have two good attackers in Ozil and Sanchez. That third spot is usually someone like Wallcott, Ox, Ramsey (who isn't winger), Wellbeck or some other crab. Cuadrado is better than all those mentioned. Why do you think Arsenal fans are so desperate to sign Mahrez? They're severely lacking on one side.

Tottenham - again, Alli and Eriksen are great but Lamela has been inconsistent on that right side. I would prefer Cuadrado to Lamela, who has been underwhelming since joining.

United - they have no genuine wingers. It looks like they're going to push Henrikh out wide (he is best used as a 10), have Rooney in the middle and shift Martial to the left side to accommodate for Zlatan. A front three of Cuadrado, Henrikh and Martial would be better than Henrikh played out of position, Rooney (cooked) as a ten and Martial on the left.

City - they're overloaded with attackers, and like Cuadrado, Nolito and Sane are unproven in the PL. Outside of them they have KDB, Silva, Navas and Sterling. Sterling is a f***ing donkey and Navas is on par with someone like Pedro. At the moment I would have Cuadrado, KDB and Silva.

You also say Serie A is slow, which I agree it is, but Cuadrado was also good at CL and the WC, so he's proven in other tournaments against high quality opposition. At Chelsea, he was brought on for small periods when we were defending one nil leads so who knows what Mourinho told him to do when he went on. A lot of the time it looked like he was trying to hold the ball up, which isn't his natural game.

He'll get a better opportunity under Conte, who will also know how to use him properly and I think you'll be surprised.

Well...

Arsenal - they have two good attackers in Ozil and Sanchez. That third spot is usually someone like Wallcott, Ox, Ramsey (who isn't winger), Wellbeck or some other crab. Cuadrado is better than all those mentioned. Why do you think Arsenal fans are so desperate to sign Mahrez? They're severely lacking on one side.

Tottenham - again, Alli and Eriksen are great but Lamela has been inconsistent on that right side. I would prefer Cuadrado to Lamela, who has been underwhelming since joining.

United - they have no genuine wingers. It looks like they're going to push Henrikh out wide (he is best used as a 10), have Rooney in the middle and shift Martial to the left side to accommodate for Zlatan. A front three of Cuadrado, Henrikh and Martial would be better than Henrikh played out of position, Rooney (cooked) as a ten and Martial on the left.

City - they're overloaded with attackers, and like Cuadrado, Nolito and Sane are unproven in the PL. Outside of them they have KDB, Silva, Navas and Sterling. Sterling is a f***ing donkey and Navas is on par with someone like Pedro. At the moment I would have Cuadrado, KDB and Silva.

You also say Serie A is slow, which I agree it is, but Cuadrado was also good at CL and the WC, so he's proven in other tournaments against high quality opposition. At Chelsea, he was brought on for small periods when we were defending one nil leads so who knows what Mourinho told him to do when he went on. A lot of the time it looked like he was trying to hold the ball up, which isn't his natural game.

He'll get a better opportunity under Conte, who will also know how to use him properly and I think you'll be surprised.

The way you try and shoehorn Cuadrado into those teams is quite remarkable.

Your view on Lamela is outdated, he was great last season and is currently better than Cuadrado.  

Mkhitaryan isn't been played out of position, he is not a proper 10 and has been underwhelming when played there apart from his time at Shaktar which isn't that great a indication seeing as Willian impressed in the same role as well. He's a winger and just had his best ever season playing out right.

You're stretching really hard there to squeeze him in with that City comment, very few people would go with that front 3. 

Arsenal is the only one that could be agreed on and even then Iwobi is playing really well at the moment. 

Edited by Remodez

The way you try and shoehorn Cuadrado into those teams is quite remarkable.

Your view on Lamela is outdated, he was great last season and is currently better than Cuadrado.  

Mkhitaryan isn't been played out of position, he is not a proper 10 and has been underwhelming when played there apart from his time at Shaktar which isn't that great a indication seeing as Willian impressed in the same role as well. He's a winger and just had his best ever season playing out right.

You're stretching really hard there to squeeze him in with that City comment, very few people would go with that front 3. 

Arsenal is the only one that could be agreed on and even then Iwobi is playing really well at the moment. 

You woulnd't take Cuadrado over Navas?  I certainly would.  

Nice little season review from Kenedy below. Hopefully we can shift the majority of our wingers by next year that are dead weight and make room for him. I also don't get the claim someone made about him having poor dribbling and ball control, he moves past players much better than most of our players in the squad bar Hazard.

Loaning him out, when we have no natural left footed full back or winger and he can play in both positions, makes perfect sense, makes you wonder if the people on the board actually look at the squad and use their brains, or if they just make decisions without much thought.

Edited by Floyd25

Loaning him out, when we have no natural left footed full back or winger and he can play in both positions, makes perfect sense, makes you wonder if the people on the board actually look at the squad and use their brains, or if they just make decisions without much thought.

Conte has a word on who he needs or not; possibly Conte thinks Ken does not suit his philosophy or still a bit too young...

Conte has a word on who he needs or not; possibly Conte thinks Ken does not suit his philosophy or still a bit too young...

Possibly, but regardless, he's still a versatile player and surely gives us more balance, but what do I know.

Nice little season review from Kenedy below. Hopefully we can shift the majority of our wingers by next year that are dead weight and make room for him. I also don't get the claim someone made about him having poor dribbling and ball control, he moves past players much better than most of our players in the squad bar Hazard.

Got a lot of time for Kenedy, I think he has a whole lot of talent and he's just a natural with the ball at his feet. I don't understand why he's not getting a sniff, I get that it may be a board or managerial decision but it just really surprises me. I would happily take him at LB over some of the dregs we are now being linked with in the last few days of the window.