Kenedy officially signs for Chelsea

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

::ChELSeAFaN::  :viannen_01: 

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/08/kenedy-signs.html

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce we have completed the signing of Kenedy from Fluminense.

The 19-year-old forward arrives from his native Brazil, for whom he has played at Under-20 level.

Kenedy, who will wear the No.16 shirt, said: 'I am very happy to complete my transfer to Chelsea.'

The youngster played for the Blues in our pre-season friendly against Barcelona in Washington DC after Fluminense gave permission for him to take part.

'It is an exciting time for me to join the English Premier League champions and I hope I can become an important player for the club,' he added. 'I very much enjoyed my time with the squad during pre-season and I am very grateful to Fluminense for allowing me this opportunity.'

Kenedy, full name Robert Kenedy Nunes do Nascimento, is a powerful left-footed attacker who can play through the centre or on either flank.

Edited by enigma

Interestingly, it doesn't say he goes into our first team squad, which is what Jose said would happen.

He may have said it with the work permit issue in mind, but now that we've got him, I wonder if he'll join Nathan at Vitesse.

If he stays, Moses and/or Cuadrado are definitely off.

Interestingly, it doesn't say he goes into our first team squad, which is what Jose said would happen.

He may have said it with the work permit issue in mind, but now that we've got him, I wonder if he'll join Nathan at Vitesse.

If he stays, Moses and/or Cuadrado are definitely off.

Well he's took the number 16 shirt so I think there's a fair chance he stays.

Well I got that wrong about him not signing after buying Pedro.

I reckon this means curtains for Moses and Cuadrado's Chelsea careers because with we're now massively overstocked on attacking midfielders/wingers.

I think you're right mate. Fair play for calling it when you are incorrect (thinking he wouldn't sign due to Pedro). Not everyone would do that. Glad he's joined. Raw but talented, I haven't forgot that amazing cross field pass he played against Barca.

what's his natural position? i reckon from the barca game it's right mid?

anyway welcome kenedynho!

He's strong on his left foot, but not his right, so he could be a player Jose may look to use down the left, I know he played on the right against Barca, but that was before we had Pedro. 

He looks very talented, it would be nice to see him get a little game time, but I think it could come down to either him or Traore going out on loan to Vitesse, because I can't see both of them staying, I think Cuadrado will leave (maybe on loan), but realistically I'm not sure either Traore or Kenedy will start over the more experienced Moses, once he's fit.

At the moment the logical option would be to loan out Kenedy, because he needs game time, whereas Traore already played there and did very well. To be honest I don't have an issue with him going to Vitesse, we have Baker, Brown, Solanke and Nathan there already, two of which are playing well, Nathan looks decent, but isn't a starter, I'm sure he'd fit in well and he'd probably play regularly, so it's possibly the best option in my opinion.

Edited by Floyd25

He looks very talented, it would be nice to see him get a little game time, but I think it could come down to either him or Traore going out on loan to Vitesse, because I can't see both of them staying, I think Cuadrado will leave (maybe on loan), but realistically I'm not sure either Traore or Kenedy will start over the more experienced Moses, once he's fit.

At the moment the logical option would be to loan out Kenedy, because he needs game time, whereas Traore already played there and did very well. To be honest I don't have an issue with him going to Vitesse, we have Baker, Brown, Solanke and Nathan there already, two of which are playing well, Nathan looks decent, but isn't a starter, I'm sure he'd fit in well and he'd probably play regularly, so it's possibly the best option in my opinion.

They're both going.

Mourinho will never place faith in a younger player who is not a big name.

They're both going.

Mourinho will never place faith in a younger player who is not a big name.

You never know Kenedy might just see Cuadrado, Traore out the door (loan/sales) and be in and around the squad this season à la RLC last season.

Edited by MissouriBlue