Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

It's not really a mixed bag to be fair, all those players are undoubtedly seen as good signings. Also, Barzagli signed the season before Conte.

There are other players that joined during Conte's tenure (Vidal, Caceres, Ogbonna and Asamoah come to mind), but it's beside the point because managers in Italy aren't responsible for signing players. So Conte can't really take any credit or blame for those players.

Pirlo, for example, signed a few weeks before Conte was confirmed as manager, and Conte famously had no idea who Vidal was (he was offered a choice between Vidal and Inler, and luckily chose Vidal).

Wich is why I said you can't read in to it to much.. Managers don't make signings here either so all the same

We should get him in now to get started instead of after the euros where there wont be as much time

Im sure he'll take the time to meet players before the end of the season. I certainly hope so. If I was him I'd be wanting a chat with potential captains (hopefully JT included) and star players (Mr Hazard) to outline plans, get them mentally focused on the challenge ahead, and for certain individuals tog et a sense of where their desire is. He must have watched us last season and this, so he will be wondering like the rest of us whether some players lack the stomach for a fight

I like Conte but he's a huge punt. Obviously appointing ANY manager comes with risk (look at the mess we're in under Van Loony for example.)

But my issue would be is that most manager's can win the league with Juventus as the opposition is so weak. I've had fellow United supporters tell me they'd want Blanc as manager next season and I disagree with them. I could manage PSG and win the league in France.

I'm not saying Conte is a bad manager, he's obviously a very good tactician. But he'd be a far bigger risk than appointing someone like Hiddink full time, or trying to prize Pochettino away from Spurs (my favourite manager in the league, I think he's destined for big things.)

I actually think Hiddink deserves a few transfer windows and time to bring in his own players and own ideas. I like him, think he's a very good manager.

How many times do people need to be told that Hiddink doesn't want the job?

Guest Sindre

Probably one of the best appointments we could hope for. Hope he gets some real cash to spend though, he will absolutely need to for us not to be left behind. Hope there is truth to the rumours that he is after Vidal, Cavani, Bonucci, Nainggolan and those type of players.

We are getting a good manager everyone.

He took Juventus side from 7th position who had no direction to unbeaten champions the following season and followed that up with two league titles.

His only problem has been in Europe however he will adapt.

So what's the problem......we are not going to play in Europe next season.

In the summer of 2011, Sabatini was hired by James Pallotta to replace Daniele Prade as Roma's sporting director. Over the course of three years, he rebuilt Roma and orchestrated the near-complete removal of all of the side's below-average players that carried high wages, previously brought in from the Franco Sensi era. He has also succeeding in signing Érik Lamela and Marquinhos, as well as their sales to Tottenham Hotspur and Paris Saint-Germain respectively for a significant profit in 2013. He then utilized the funds to purchase players Kevin Strootman, Gervinho, Morgan De Sanctis, Radja Nainggolan and Mehdi Benatia. One year later, all five signings played solid seasons for the club, though Benatia was later sold to Bayern Munich for €26 million, double the amount he was initially purchased for from Udinese.

With the funds, Sabatini managed to purchase three additional centerbacks in the summer of 2014, and was able to snatch Juventus's main target in the transfer window, Juan Iturbe, from Verona. For his efforts the season prior, Sabatini was awarded the best director of football award for the 2013–14 Serie A season. He was hitherto normally known for signing short term deals, but for the first time he agreed upon a three-year extension with Roma in 2014.

For me any one who is invovled in the football side of things has to be approved by the manger, that includes the director of football who should actually be working FOR the manager. Commercial desicions can and should be Romans world but any one invovled with players or football must be part of the managers team 

For me any one who is invovled in the football side of things has to be approved by the manger, that includes the director of football who should actually be working FOR the manager. Commercial desicions can and should be Romans world but any one invovled with players or football must be part of the managers team 

Absolutely agree. This is the intriguing part for me because Conte seems certain to arrive so it's the rest of the staff left to be decided.

Really need a Chelsea connection in there somewhere, be it Steve Holland or Eddie.