Alvaro Morata

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

12 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

I'm delighted he's signed, welcome to Chelsea, Álvaro! ::ChELSeAFaN::

On a side note, I have to laugh at United fans laughing at this transfer saying we're feeding off of their leftovers and how we desperately wanted Lukaku; the one time we'd actually want them to look at the forum and see the vast majority of people here most certainly did not want Lukaku! :laugh2:

I am convinced that Morata is a Conte signing and he never wanted Lukaku, rather the board did.  He would not have signed a new contract if he wasn't getting the players he wanted.  

Edited by TheChelsRVA

40 minutes ago, adineen98 said:

I'm delighted he's signed, welcome to Chelsea, Álvaro! ::ChELSeAFaN::

On a side note, I have to laugh at United fans laughing at this transfer saying we're feeding off of their leftovers and how we desperately wanted Lukaku; the one time we'd actually want them to look at the forum and see the vast majority of people here most certainly did not want Lukaku! :laugh2:

Let them think they have f**ked us over. They thought they were doing so signing Mata and appointing Jose and look how that's turned out. 

45 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Since news broke about Morata to Chelsea redcafe has been going on and on about how Lakaku is the best striker of the 2 and Morata was a panic buy from Chelsea. Seriously deluded...:laugh2:

Haha, a panic buy in July, when we could have gone in for a few different strikers, clearly it was a well thought out move. I'll be honest, I would have been happy with Lukaku, for sentimental reasons and also he would have scored goals for us, but Morata simply fits our style more and I can imagine the link up play between Haz, Pedro, Willian and Morata will be beautiful to watch. 

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

Last time we broke our transfer record for a Spanish striker, I went out and bought the shirt with his name and #9 on it and wore it to the pub for his first game.

To this day I take responsibility for the calamity that followed and I shall not be repeating my mistake.

Console yourself with the fact, that even with all the sh*te Torres dished up, he won the corner that led to drogba's equaliser in Munich, if he wasn't closing down by that corner flag, we wouldn't have had our greatest night!! 

Genuinely excited for the new season now. Always great signing a striker. 

Just hope he finds his feet quicker and doesn't have scoring hanging over him for long. 

Pretty happy with our business so far and not sure we need too much more. 

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I don't wanna trawl through all the new pages but...

Am I the only one that's noticed Sky Sports etc reporting the fee as £70m instead of £58m with add ons.

On the other side of it they've been reporting Lukaku as £70m when by using the same logic they use with us it should actually be the full £90m?

Not a huge deal and I'm not one for this everyone's against us but that does reek to me that it's completely different for the two teams.

1 minute ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but I don't wanna trawl through all the new pages but...

Am I the only one that's noticed Sky Sports etc reporting the fee as £70m instead of £58m with add ons.

On the other side of it they've been reporting Lukaku as £70m when by using the same logic they use with us it should actually be the full £90m?

Not a huge deal and I'm not one for this everyone's against us but that does reek to me that it's completely different for the two teams.

Morata is 58 plus 12 add ons, Lukaku 75 plus 15 add ons,  what your describing si happening and is the least of the sh*t the Media are reporting, BBC reported we paid 58 and morata is worth 54 and Man U paid 75 but Lukaku is worth 90, the Red Media were all over it when Lukaku was "hijacked" now they can't f**king stand it that we got the better deal, the deal Man U were after.

45 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

Morata is 58 plus 12 add ons, Lukaku 75 plus 15 add ons,  what your describing si happening and is the least of the sh*t the Media are reporting, BBC reported we paid 58 and morata is worth 54 and Man U paid 75 but Lukaku is worth 90, the Red Media were all over it when Lukaku was "hijacked" now they can't f**king stand it that we got the better deal, the deal Man U were after.

not sure if you saw the sky sports interview when Morata landed in Heathrow. The interviewer asked him why he didn't goto manure :wtf:

37 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Think he will be more versatile than Lukaku, will pull out wide and make goals as well as score. Who ever plays wide will be able to rotate with Morata and go through the middle, which could make us exciting and faster to watch.

Yes I posted about this exact point the other week about how he will make our front 3 a lot more fluid.

Diego was more than willing to drift into channels but more often than not he'd run out of ideas and literally resort to trying to run through defenders.

Morata is a much better rounded footballer and is a lot more comfortable on the ball and in wider and deeper areas. Hazard and Pedro in particular will enjoy playing with him. The only slight question mark is will we at times lack a man in the box. Benzema performs the Morata role at Madrid but they have Ronaldo who has the killer instinct to always be in there. Hazard definitely doesn't have that.

1 minute ago, startedwithglenn said:

Yes I posted about this exact point the other week about how he will make our front 3 a lot more fluid.

Diego was more than willing to drift into channels but more often than not he'd run out of ideas and literally resort to trying to run through defenders.

Morata is a much better rounded footballer and is a lot more comfortable on the ball and in wider and deeper areas. Hazard and Pedro in particular will enjoy playing with him. The only slight question mark is will we at times lack a man in the box. Benzema performs the Morata role at Madrid but they have Ronaldo who has the killer instinct to always be in there. Hazard definitely doesn't have that.

Maybe Conte is so smart he's thinking Morata will bring the very best out of Hazard? Enable him to run into boxes more and score more.

2 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Maybe Conte is so smart he's thinking Morata will bring the very best out of Hazard? Enable him to run into boxes more and score more.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think that's within Hazard for it to be brought out. He doesn't have a burning desire for goals. I would say pedro does and Willian doesn't.

Morata isn't as unselfish (thankfully) as Benzema so hopefully I am imagining the problem on a bigger scale than it proves to be.