Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea (CL) Wed 27 Sep 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

13 hours ago, Theafonis said:

Last time we played them, Mourinho tried to park the bus 

Lets not sit back like cowards, lets take the game to them

It's not cowardly it's how we play football, attack atletico away? That's why we win and Arsenal doesn't not a clever idea mate, we are a team that soaks pressure and counters, we even did it yesterday at stoke during periods and it worked pretty well for us 

We are going to have our revenge next week on Athletico Madrid because even now they are much stronger, we have lost to them on uefa super cup 2013 in Monaco 4-1, and semi final 2014 champions league 3-1, I still can't forget that, but I trust on conte he knows what's ahead of him, we will win because we are the strongest team now than Atletico Madrid and we will come out with a victory

Been a while since we've had a competitive game against a big team in Europe, and this'll be Conte's first with us, so be interesting to see how we compare. Fortunately it's the group stages and not the knockouts!

I agree with having numbers in the midfield, and Hazard and Morata up front. Being away, at Atletico's new stadium, I don't see us being too adventurous; as others have said, a draw would be a good result from our toughest tie of the group. However, they're also a very tactical team, strong defensively and it'll be an intriguing battle.

Leceister put up a half decent fight against them all things considered, so of course we have a chance. I'm hopeful that we can nick something, and Morata is fired up with memories of the Madrid rivalry!

Can't wait for this game actually. Going to tell a lot about our chances in Europe this season and i have faith we can get a good result on wednesday.

6 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Atlei are my favourite Spanish team. I'd def take a draw away.
    Thibaut
Azpi Luiz Rudiger 

Zappacosta Bakayoko Kante Alonso
Fabregas Hazard

Morata

If I had to pick a Spanish team would be them also, being that they drew with Roma and they are our main compitition a draw is better for us than them, if we beat Roma next at home and I think we will, we will have played everyone and be top, probably by 2 points which means a win and a draw after that against Roma and atletico in any sequence should guarantee us top spot. 

Well be a tough game, Atletico are very stronger this year, they are the same level than when they achieve the final of Champions League.

More they are a new staduim, i think they have try to keep this stadium unbeatable for long time. It's a right test for us. C'm blues !!!!

I think Christensen should start this game as well. I think it would be good for him(and us) if he got tested against top level players before we face City on saturday.

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

I think Christensen should start this game as well. I think it would be good for him(and us) if he got tested against top level players before we face City on saturday.

I don't think our hardest CL fixture is a good place for a test, the result here is likely to effect the top spot significantly, I think he is at this point better than Garry but in the CL experience is so crucial, also remember luiz is back so you have Rudiger and Cahill that will start above Andreas no chance he starts this  

38 minutes ago, DonAntonio said:

I don't think our hardest CL fixture is a good place for a test, the result here is likely to effect the top spot significantly, I think he is at this point better than Garry but in the CL experience is so crucial, also remember luiz is back so you have Rudiger and Cahill that will start above Andreas no chance he starts this  

I agree with you regarding experience, but we shouldn't forget Christensen has played about 10 games in CL for B M Gladbach.. Out of curiosity who would be your back 3 ?.

Mine for this game would be Christensen, Luiz, Rudiger, with Dave at RWB for a stronger defensive cover. I think we need 3 mobile CB's.

Torn between the CBs because of our opponent this weekend. Luiz is suspended for next week anyway so expecting Luiz, Azpi and Cahill because a draw here is the minimum target.

The midfield 2 should be Kante and Bakayoko because they'd play 442 so for the first half I'd expect a midfield battle and on the 2nd half bring on Fabregas .

Hazard, Pedro and Morata must be at their clinical best to snatch any chance against them. Pedro over Willian for me becaude he's more used to taking Atleti on. Willian should come on only if we're defending a lead or locking the game down for a draw.

Either way, expecting 100% from everyone. Atletico is a tough nut to crack but they'd be a good barometer of this squad's chances in the CL

6 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

I agree with you regarding experience, but we shouldn't forget Christensen has played about 10 games in CL for B M Gladbach.. Out of curiosity who would be your back 3 ?.

Mine for this game would be Christensen, Luiz, Rudiger, with Dave at RWB for a stronger defensive cover. I think we need 3 mobile CB's.

I prefer Christensen because he can play out quicker, but when garry is on his game, he offers organisational experience that he learned from teh best in the business and he is a real goal threat, so 9 out of 10 I would go with your back 3 including dave at RWB but for this I go Garry, I would even consider an extra DM like against Tottenham because a draw suits us better than them, so either:

Tibo

Dave    Rudiger     Luiz     Cahill     Alonso 

Kante          Baka

Pedro                                Hazard

Morata 

or: 

Tibo

Dave      Rudiger    Luiz   Cahill    Alonso

Andreas

Kante                          Baka

Hazard

Morata 

But Antonio will play neither, he will play:

Tibo

Moses/Zappa  Dave   Luiz   Cahill    Alonso 

Kante      Baka 

Pedro                                       Hazard 

Morata 

3 hours ago, erskblue said:

My younger son is going to this game. Flying out tomorrow.

A really tough game. I'd take any win and wouldn't be that disappointed (for a change) with a draw.

Did you see the arrangements for ticket collection, it's 35 minutes from the stadium by train including a 25 minute walk. I'm driving so I'll be doing none of that bollox, I expect it's because they want to keep us as far from the atletico fans as possible but it seems excessively far. Should be a great game though I'm excited for it, atmosphere will be immense, heard their new stadium is on point. 

We absolutely must factor in the City game when picking this team. Four changes minimum will be needed between the two games plus clever use of subs, else we won't be able to cope with the intensity of two big games in four days. Remember when we played City at home four days after the Liverpool semi final under Jose and could barely escape our own third for the whole 2nd half?

I would say start Zappa, Luiz, Cahill, Pedro and Willian vs Leti and switch them with Moses, Andreas, Rudi, Cesc and Hazard vs City. It's two quick big games like this which makes we wish we got Llorente to lighten the load on Alvaro.

Edited by Argo