Chelsea V Bournemouth (PL) Sat 1st Sep 15:00 UK

18 hours ago, coco said:

They wont no, but they will start off slightly cautious and reserved, they wont go straight into it.

So hopefully we start at a high tempo and have them on the back foot from the off.

It certainly won't be an easy game at all.

I'd be happy with any Blues win (as usual) and will happily take 2-0, to keep the good start to the season.

On 28/08/2018 at 05:56, AFCBcherry said:

Really looking forward to this game. We have a heap of respect for you guys, but I can promise we won’t park the bus and it will be an entertaining game to watch!

i wouldn’t like to call it though as we have a habit of coming back from one or two goals down. Our guys will be flat out till the final whistle. Either way, as long as we put in a good shift I’m not too bothered about the score :)

I love when opposition fans come on here, feel free to post more fella 

Kepa

Azpi  Rudiger  D.Luiz  Alonso

Jorginho

kante          RLC

Pedro    Morata    Hazard

Bench: Willy / Emerson / Christensen / Barkley / Kovacic / Willian / Giroud

Although both Barkley and Kovacic have done okay so far i don't think either has done enough to claim that 3rd CM spot as their own, give RLC to show something different. Keep the rest the same. 

On August 28, 2018 at 05:46, STATS said:

I would keep the same team but maybe put Barkley in for Kovacic. Not because Kovacic was bad or anything, but I think it was harsh for Barkley to be dropped and I don't think Kovacic did much better in his start. Also think Barkley gives us more of a goal threat so would rather him start this game.

Bournemouth will be attacking us so we could do with Kovacic's defensive cover in this one, the time for Barkleys reintroduction will be the game after when Colin w**ker brings with his Cardiff side to The Bridge.

On ?28?/?08?/?2018 at 05:56, AFCBcherry said:

Really looking forward to this game. We have a heap of respect for you guys, but I can promise we won’t park the bus and it will be an entertaining game to watch!

i wouldn’t like to call it though as we have a habit of coming back from one or two goals down. Our guys will be flat out till the final whistle. Either way, as long as we put in a good shift I’m not too bothered about the score :)

Wise words , we cannot afford to be complacent Bournemouth always play with 100% effort for the full 90 min. Our back four will have to be on top of their game for the whole match. Will be nice to se Ake back at the Bridge . We have to win these types of home games if we are to be in contention at the end of the season and that is not disrespectful to our opposition.

Edited by CFC North Wales
spelling

I hope our Dane play in this match.........regardless of his qualities, Luiz scares the sh*t out of me. You just never know with this guy......will he be awesome, will he switch off at the wrong time etc......he simply cannot be first 11 everytime imo.

But a win will be crucial, especially at home. And of course always expect the worst reg the ref.

10 hours ago, BiafranBlue said:

So excited, can’t wait.

i have always been a fan of Sarriball, glad he is our manager now. 

The way we play now is something that gives excitement to even neutrals. Sarrismo!!!!

His methodology and style of play are translating very nicely to Chelsea and to the EPL...I love the way he has the team playing.

6 hours ago, CFC North Wales said:

Wise words , we cannot afford to be complacent Bournemouth always play with 100% effort for the full 90 min. Our back four will have to be on top of their game for the whole match. Will be nice to se Ake back at the Bridge . We have to win these types of home games if we are to be in contention at the end of the season and that is not disrespectful to our opposition.

Yeah, thanks for Ake!!.. one of our better signings!. Our £25m purchase from the Colombian National team got a run out along with Rico against MKDons and both look very handy. Fraser was terrorising everyone as per norm but this was against a weak team so can’t read too much. With the good start we have had and with the pressure not so high on us I’d expect we will push up field from kick off, but until I see the team selection I have no idea how we will approach this game.. In Eddie we trust.

You would think Bournemouth will try and play where they can , they will obviously set up defensively but Eddie Howe won’t do a Newcastle they play counter attacking football but they like to play not just sit behind the ball, with this said, we should have more than enough to beat them at home. I’d start the same squad and make the same changes, maybe give William a start over Pedro.  

5 minutes ago, WalterWhiteCFC said:

You would think Bournemouth will try and play where they can , they will obviously set up defensively but Eddie Howe won’t do a Newcastle they play counter attacking football but they like to play not just sit behind the ball, with this said, we should have more than enough to beat them at home. I’d start the same squad and make the same changes, maybe give William a start over Pedro.  

Possibly, I don’t think any of us think we will turn you over 3-0 again, however, we do have the strongest side we have ever fielded, but we have a goal-shy Wilson, and injured Stanislas and a Defoe that doesn’t quite fit our style of play unfortunately.. your guys seem to be a lot more confident and rehearsed so even if we manage to put a sneaky one in the net I doubt you’ll loose composure and have a wobble... As I said before, I don’t give a monkeys who wins, as long as football is the winner... both side are gonna play for the 3 points so game on!!!

3 hours ago, atomis said:

I hope our Dane play in this match.........regardless of his qualities, Luiz scares the sh*t out of me. You just never know with this guy......will he be awesome, will he switch off at the wrong time etc......he simply cannot be first 11 everytime imo.

But a win will be crucial, especially at home. And of course always expect the worst reg the ref.

I think this game will be won or lost by the midfielders.

3 hours ago, atomis said:

In all the years I've been going to the bridge, (since the early 80's). No defender has worried me more than Luiz.

Will be an entertaining game for sure. Both will score here I think. Bournemouth won't park either of their buses so we will have space as will they. 

Kovacic is a sure starter for me here. But with more space I think Barkley can do well here as well. RLC would be a weird starter. 

12 minutes ago, bloodyfool0 said:

Here comes a team with a great record against us at the Bridge.

They have beaten us twice at the bridge, and once at their own hovel, in 12 attempts.  Hardly a great record, is it?

On 29/08/2018 at 23:31, Munkworth said:

You went when Frank Sinclair was in the team right? :wink:

On 30/08/2018 at 04:15, ozboy said:

Le Bouef was my pick here. 

On 30/08/2018 at 06:31, chi blue said:

He was in second place no doubt, but he gave the impression of always trying his best and caring which over the years Luiz hasn't always shown me that. 

How about Boulahrouz, Celestine Babayaro and Bernard Lambourde?

Should see some goals in this game,Bournemouth usually comes to play, and they showed their quality last time around even through we were awful. I reckon the same team, no point changing the team every game just for the sake of it. There will be rotations after the International break, the first few games really don't give squad players much of a chance unless injuries.