Chelsea V Bournemouth (PL) Sat 1st Sep 15:00 UK

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

They have beaten us twice at the bridge, and once at their own hovel, in 12 attempts.  Hardly a great record, is it?

Bournemouth is hardly a hovel, yeah our ground is small but at least you can see the game and hear the atmosphere. How many of the 12 attempts have been since we were in the premiership??

Here’s something for you to think about Yorkley.  ......

1 hour ago, AFCBcherry said:

Bournemouth is hardly a hovel, yeah our ground is small but at least you can see the game and hear the atmosphere. How many of the 12 attempts have been since we were in the premiership??

Here’s something for you to think about Yorkley.  ......

Well, Bournemouth is a BIT of a hovel.  There's some nice bits (the beach, er,................um, I think that might be it) but come on, not even a life-long Bournemouth resident like you can say that the centre with the vast swathes of bedsits and benefit B&Bs is plush, can you?

I just looked up head to head results, didn't matter to me if it was  Premier League or not, it was competitive matches.  the actual results were

te Match Result Score Competition
03 Sep 1988 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea W 1-0 League Division Two
25 Mar 1989 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 2-0 League Division Two
28 Nov 1989 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 2-3 Zenith Data Systems Cup
21 Sep 1994 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 1-0 League Cup
04 Oct 1994 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 0-1 League Cup
05 Dec 2015 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth W 0-1 Premier League
23 Apr 2016 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 1-4 Premier League
26 Dec 2016 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 3-0 Premier League
08 Apr 2017 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 1-3 Premier League
28 Oct 2017 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 0-1 Premier League
20 Dec 2017 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 2-1 League Cup
31 Jan 2018 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth W 0-3 Premier League

So, if you want to  be pedantic,  2 out of 6 in the Premier League, with an aggregate score of  11 - 6.  In the Premier League. Because we all know football  only began when the Premier League started.  Oh, and none out of four in any cups. Interestingly, not a draw to be seen.  Gonna be 0-0  at the weekend then.

I love it when the little teams get all excited because they beat one of the top teams.  QPR, Palace and Tottenham  release a DVD if they get a corner against us, never mind actually winning.  Be careful you don't start  sounding like those muppets, and don't ignore the state of our team at the time.  Oh,  and one other thing to add into your bragging.  You only scored 3, Watford, yes f**king Watford, scored 4 against us in the same week.  To be honest, I'd have had money on my walking five-a-side team beating Chels at that moment.

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Well, Bournemouth is a BIT of a hovel.  There's some nice bits (the beach, er,................um, I think that might be it) but come on, not even a life-long Bournemouth resident like you can say that the centre with the vast swathes of bedsits and benefit B&Bs is plush, can you?

I just looked up head to head results, didn't matter to me if it was  Premier League or not, it was competitive matches.  the actual results were

te Match Result Score Competition
03 Sep 1988 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea W 1-0 League Division Two
25 Mar 1989 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 2-0 League Division Two
28 Nov 1989 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 2-3 Zenith Data Systems Cup
21 Sep 1994 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 1-0 League Cup
04 Oct 1994 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 0-1 League Cup
05 Dec 2015 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth W 0-1 Premier League
23 Apr 2016 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 1-4 Premier League
26 Dec 2016 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 3-0 Premier League
08 Apr 2017 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 1-3 Premier League
28 Oct 2017 AFC Bournemouth v Chelsea L 0-1 Premier League
20 Dec 2017 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth L 2-1 League Cup
31 Jan 2018 Chelsea v AFC Bournemouth W 0-3 Premier League

So, if you want to  be pedantic,  2 out of 6 in the Premier League, with an aggregate score of  11 - 6.  In the Premier League. Because we all know football  only began when the Premier League started.  Oh, and none out of four in any cups. Interestingly, not a draw to be seen.  Gonna be 0-0  at the weekend then.

I love it when the little teams get all excited because they beat one of the top teams.  QPR, Palace and Tottenham  release a DVD if they get a corner against us, never mind actually winning.  Be careful you don't start  sounding like those muppets, and don't ignore the state of our team at the time.  Oh,  and one other thing to add into your bragging.  You only scored 3, Watford, yes f**king Watford, scored 4 against us in the same week.  To be honest, I'd have had money on my walking five-a-side team beating Chels at that moment.

I rarely venture out of Sandbanks to be honest but I know the town centre is under regeneration. Any way, I didn’t come here for a dick swinging competition, I’ve been very complimentary of CFC in my posts. We may be a “little” tin pot club in many peoples eyes but we have a big heart and big ambitions. Our new stadium will be started soon and hopefully that will bring more fans. It won’t be anywhere near the size of yours....but your Russian is richer than ours! :p

Man they're really trying to dig Sarri on RLC.  Listen, he's a good player, and we want to see him do well; however, right now he's not better than anyone else in the midfield.  Just because he's English playing in the English league doesn't give him an automatic selection.

Southgate can be critical all he wants, but i'd rather listen to what Sarri says, as he sees him train regularly.  I'd say the order for selection in the middle 3 is Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley, Ruben.  With the first two probably being the first two names on the team sheet each week, that means Ruben is 3rd in line for the 3rd spot.  Hopefully he gets some game time as the amount of games starts to pick up.

I hope Giroud gets a start ... I don’t think Morata is ever going to get there, just not robust enough for PL.   CB is still a problem ... we must be able to get a decent pairing out of all the choices we’ve got?  Luiz is a worry, of course, but you just gotta love him! I also hope Ross gets another start as he’s going to lose confidence quickly if he’s on the bench every week  I think he could be a really good player for us  

one other thing ... is anyone else getting fed up with the Man C fest which is currently going on? First the documentary, now the 10 year since the takeover celebrations. Don’t think they’ve won as much as us since the Abromovich era began?? I guess they’ve just got a better PR and marketing department!

I expect plenty of goals in this game.

Bournemouth have a fair amount of attacking quality so I am somewhat nervous, but their defence has always been somewhat fragile and one of their more consistent performers (Adam Smith) is suspended, so we should certainly be grabbing all 3 points provided that we don't implode as we did in January.