Random Rumours

Money
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently Barca might be allowing Pjanic to leave on a free this summer. 

I know we were quite heavily linked to him in recent seasons and he might be seen as a cheaper option if West Ham won't budge on Declan Rice. 

Nah. He is just as slow as Jorginho now! Love him as a player but the time to move for him was 5 seasons ago at least. 

8 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

Nah. He is just as slow as Jorginho now! Love him as a player but the time to move for him was 5 seasons ago at least. 

also i think we are looking for a more dynamic /physical presence. Pjanic isnt that.

33 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

It’s all very quiet isn’t it.

Very.

The benefit of a quiet window is we might get to see a couple more academy boys in and around the first team. Gallagher, Ampadu etc.

The big concern is still where the goals are going to come from. We might get another few goals from our attacking midfielders/wingers I reckon now they’ve all settled but to have a shot at the league we really need a 20+ guy again

Could this be a window we don’t sign anyone? Kind of feels that way. Winning the champions league is fantastic but doesn’t make us a great team. I value winning the premier league more. We only just scraped into 4th. Long way to go. H-w anyone can be happy finishing behind United or Liverpool I’ll never know. 

14 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Could this be a window we don’t sign anyone? Kind of feels that way. Winning the champions league is fantastic but doesn’t make us a great team. I value winning the premier league more. We only just scraped into 4th. Long way to go. H-w anyone can be happy finishing behind United or Liverpool I’ll never know. 

Patience. Your concern is 4 weeks too early.

30 minutes ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I think a lot of us are in the once bitten twice shy mode.. i cant erase the disastrous Conte second season window..  we let Costa, Matic and Terry go to to sign Morata, Bakayako, Zappacosta, Emerson, Dany Drinkwater and Loic Remy.. i doubt all of them put together have played 100 games for us. the worst part was for almost 2 months we kept trying to sign Lukaku/Alex- o- C/Sandro/VVD/Mahrez ...  etc

If we dont have quality i'd rather not sign anyone than the panic buying we witnessed then.

So far, only United have dipped their toe in the water. If they do continue and sign Varane, I very much hope that this will be the prod that Marina and the board need. Nobody else has done a thing or looks remotely likely to be finalising negotiations, so I am not too worried.

I just hope that we are still negotiating with Dortmund and Haaland's advisors, Declan Rice is still away with England, and Lukaku will be on holiday following Belgium's exit from the Euros. So although it is quiet, this is not surprising and will hopefully change quickly from Monday 12th July onwards.

1 hour ago, Jangz said:

I think a lot of us are in the once bitten twice shy mode.. i cant erase the disastrous Conte second season window..  we let Costa, Matic and Terry go to to sign Morata, Bakayako, Zappacosta, Emerson, Dany Drinkwater and Loic Remy.. i doubt all of them put together have played 100 games for us. the worst part was for almost 2 months we kept trying to sign Lukaku/Alex- o- C/Sandro/VVD/Mahrez ...  etc

If we dont have quality i'd rather not sign anyone than the panic buying we witnessed then.

I think this is fair. I've seen a few windows where those worried at this point have been shot down for being spoiled etc. But honestly, those were seasons where we ended up signing Baba or Drinkwater for a fortune and then missing the top four. 

So while I maintain optimism for now I'm also firmly in in go hard and go early camp. We will have had targets identified for months. Need to get things done before the end of the month so everyone gets proper pre-season to prepare for a title tilt.

Guest Sindre
9 minutes ago, Spiller86 said:

Baba or Drinkwater for a fortune and then missing the top four. 

Spending 30 million on Zappacosta and giving them a better right-back on loan (Aina) was a particularly "good" one.

A few even convinced themselves it was a good deal at the time. And had a go at those that knew it was a sh*t deal.

4 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

Camavinga available for €30m. I’d be amazed if Chelsea weren’t enquiring 

more like 130 M i assume. is this figure from a good source? i also liked renato sanchez in the euros.. seems to have rediscovered his mojo.

3 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

I think the message is there in the soundbites, if we look for it hard enough> the majority of our exposure is regarding players leaving rather than coming in and i have seen comments in some outlets where we need to sell first to cover FFP for the level of players that we want.

If all that is true i can easily see us running out of time because we will struggle to move players on for the sums that we might be valuing them at.

39 minutes ago, Jangz said:

more like 130 M i assume. is this figure from a good source? i also liked renato sanchez in the euros.. seems to have rediscovered his mojo.

He has one year left on his contract and it seems to be normal nowadays for players to run their contracts down so I imagine Rennes will want to cash in.

3 hours ago, ozboy said:

We spent a lot the last window and we pay big wages. Maybe the covid pinch has hit us and we are just looking to recover this summer with sales and no signings.

34 minutes ago, TheGreatestGame said:

Barcelona has to sell more players to fit their current signings within their FFP guidelines. Pedri would be someone I would target. He is valued at 70 million Euros with his contract expiring in 2022. No downside offering 55 million Euros to go after one of the top attacking midfielders who is only 18. 

Apparently its Griezmann who we've been linked with. Their wage bill is huge and they will need to cut players. Maybe we can get a few cheeky loan deals ourselves.

3 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Apparently its Griezmann who we've been linked with. Their wage bill is huge and they will need to cut players. Maybe we can get a few cheeky loan deals ourselves.

I've been thinking about Griezmann too. Barcelona are in complete meltdown. They are 1 BILLION Euros in debt, 750million of which is due IMMEDIATELY. They have to sell to survive and will be getting desperate soon. They also have to sell 3 or 4 top earners to comply with La Liga's salary cap, which they breached again last season. Then they can only spend a fixed percentage of the net revenues.

Griezmann is obviously quality, but I'm not sure if he would fit with the style and set up at Chelsea. Time will tell I guess.