Random Rumours

Yes, on form this season, 10 in 17. But other than that he's been about as prolific as a duck. 14 in 16 in 11/12 and 10 in 35 the year before..27 years old as well..

I know very little about the guy, but if these Wikipedia  stats are correct they are not all that bad, certainly more prolific than a duck.

09/10  37 games 10 goals  (1 goal in 3.7 games)

10/11  35 games 10 goals   (1 in 3.5 )

11/12  35 games 14 goals   (1 in 2.5)

12/13  14 games 10 goals    (1 in 1.4)

Total   121  games  44 goals   (1 in 2.7)

We can do much better than him, but i reckon that he is going to offer more than what we are getting from torres who only has 1 in every 4.7 games in a Chelsea shirt ! Granted,  his goal to game ratio is not as good as Falcao's 1 goal every 1,2 games  over the same period or Higuains 1 in 1.4, but as a squad player we could do worse.

I know very little about the guy, but if these Wikipedia  stats are correct they are not all that bad, certainly more prolific than a duck.

09/10  37 games 10 goals  (1 goal in 3.7 games)

10/11  35 games 10 goals   (1 in 3.5 )

11/12  35 games 14 goals   (1 in 2.5)

12/13  14 games 10 goals    (1 in 1.4)

Total   121  games  44 goals   (1 in 2.7)

We can do much better than him, but i reckon that he is going to offer more than what we are getting from torres who only has 1 in every 4.7 games in a Chelsea shirt ! Granted,  his goal to game ratio is not as good as Falcao's 1 goal every 1,2 games  over the same period or Higuains 1 in 1.4, but as a squad player we could do worse.

Wiki stats are wrong. Even if they we're right, that essentially 1 in 3 in ligue 1. What would that be in the premier league? 1 in 5?

Edited by Damo810

apparently Pato could be available for around 12m, Corinthians are in for him, wonder what people would think about taking a punt on him for that price.

poor injury record, but class player when he's fit, and can play wide aswell for 12m I think it would be worth the gamble, even if worst comes to worst we wouldn't be looking at a big hit, or he could even turn out to be a fantastic signing.

Keep Pato away from this club. He plays a match, gets injured and is out for 6 months. The process then repeats. He's be great if he wasn't so injury prone. But if he can't handle the Italian league by combating injuries, I'd hate to see him in the prem. Last thing we need is another player with dodgy knees on the payroll.

Any appointment will please the fans, the tea lady would be a more popular option than the current incumbent.

Why not just have an empty dugout? I'd rather see that then FSW.

Also..

We're in for goalkeeper Mickael Landreau (free agent) who played for Lille. Supposedly looks like he'll stay in France though

Edited by Damo810

Not a rumour at all, but I watched a replay of Hamburg v Leverkusen this week and Hamburg have this guy called Milan Badelj. He was brilliant. Energetic defensive midfielder. The anti-Mikel, puts himself about, works hard off the ball, and most importantly gets his head up straight away when he wins the ball back. 

One to watch.

We don't need to sign another midfielder unless we're losing one (not Lampard!). Give Josh or Chalobah or KDB a chance ffs.

With Mikel out at ACN and Romeu out injured we need a defensive midfielder. None of those youngsters fit the bill. Josh and KDB are not that type of a player and Chalobah is a few years away from playing for the first team.

i wouldve snapped their arms off. yeah hes sidelined too often, but when hes fit, he can be unplayable. i mean, just look at this:

the acceleration, the pace, the cool finishing . . . too bad his talent will end up being wasted due to injuries