Chelsea v Bayern Munich (CL Final) 19/05/12 KO 19:45 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

This was more a religious experience than a sporting one. I liked Drogba's comment that "this was written a long time ago". Also a nice touch dedicating it to all the managers and others who have helped along the way. Definitely not the strongest Chelsea CL squad we've seen over the years, but they've got there against all the odds, and delivered.

Some things we learned:

1. Bayern: That's what you do when you get a corner!

2. Muller: Understand your elation but it wasn't over

3. Cech: The terminator (of goal bound penalties)

4. Drogba: It's Drogba with a bullet, he's got his header on the target (dreadful I know, apologies to I'm 18 with a bullet!)

5. Schweisteiger: Class, Hope you get your hands on it one day

6. Luiz: Glad the Arena was big enough for your run up.

7. Neuer: Save the arrogance

A magic , magic moment i thought. Such an important pen.

Such a run up!

Roman has shown he has the 'common touch' as well by purchasing his sunglasses from a petrol station. The man is surely untouchable from a blue perspective, he's driven us forward to win the lot, not to mention the fact that he's raised a son who is Chelsea.

german newspaper tages zeitung reveals how too many bayern players chickened out and didnt want to take a penalty. muller got into a fight with some of those who refused to step up

Well 2 days later and I'm still in a daze. Chelsea, champions of Europe, it still hasn't sunk in. Forget luck, the whole tournament was a triumph of sheer guts and determination, after all those near misses with Monaco, Liverpool, Moscow, Barca.. they just refused to lose this one, 3-1 down against Napoli, 0-2 down and a man down against Barca, 0-1 down against Bayern on their own ground with minutes to go, even behind in the shoot out. Can't single out anyone for praise, it was a proper team effort. The greatest game in the world, the greatest club in the world, what a high. Chelsea, champions of Europe.

Could our cup run be one of the best ever?

Groupstage: Final game against Valencia. Lose and we're out, win and we're through. Hadn't played well, but turn up when we had to and beat Valencia 3-0.

Final 16: Down 3-1 to Napoli. Turned it around at home to win 3-1, head to extra time and scored a winner.

Quarterfinals: Shaky final minutes of the last game. Concede a goal and we're out, but we defend well and get another goal on the counter attack.

Semifinals: First we beat "the best team in the history of football", then when we're down 2-0 and have lost one man (our leader and captain) due to a red card we somehow score twice and get 2-2. Messi misses a penalty and fail to score against us yet again.

Final: Three very important players suspended, going down a goal with only minutes to go, getting a late equaliser on our first and only corner (Bayern had 20 and failed to score). Concedes a penalty in extra time, Cech saves! Down 2-0 and 3-1 in the penalty shoot out. Cech saves the last two penalties and we win 4-3!

I mean, there were so many times we managed to dodge the bullet. And we were "out" several times. No way we could crawl back up away to Barcelona being one man down, but we did. No way we could come back when Muller gave Munich the lead in the 83rd minute of the final. And surely Robben would score in extra time. And being down 3-1 with three penalties remaining for us was insurmountable. But we did it.

I think my heart has aged atleast 10-15 years. In fact, I'm surprised I'm still alive.

And to be honest, winning this trophy is worth every lost year :wink:

germans, the masters of sponny victories and penalty shootouts - who showed no class in build up to the final - slagging off roman, jt, the club in every way, continue the biiterness in the papers after the defeat....well suck on your bratwurst - we won fair and square

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9279689/German-media-blast-Chelseas-Champions-League-victory-over-Bayern-Munich-as-a-farce.html

Loved watching this:

[media=]

[/media]

I taped that show and watched it back afterwards...it was truly hilarious cos they were on air for two hours and were clearly pissed...jason apologised to frank for telling him to 'shut up', saying he was so wound up he couldn't even remember saying it...frank tried to claim he said he would run down fulham road 'half naked'...and bobby stuart was so tipsy by the end i think he was feeling a bit ill...he was saying he was hanging on for dear life sitting there on the couch, needed to leave but cundy told him to focus and he'd get through it

The German media were never going to be happy about this. I personally enjoy the bitterness.

it's the double standards that annoy me...how many times have their national team or one of their clubs done that to an opponent...to moan about it is laughable...still, for once they know how the rest of us feel so I suppose it is quite funny to see them maon about injustice etc