mad_mac

Our Youth on Loan

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:09, Zeta said:

Got my ticket for the VItesse game on the 29th, so will let you know how our loanees get on.

Just a heads up, Vitesse won 7-0 yesterday and Mount was one of their best players. Got two assists as well.

I was at Cork City vs Sligo Rovers last night, Mitchell Beeney started for Sligo. He did well, pulled off a great save early in the first half and looked very composed throughout the rest of the match, there wasn't much he could do for City's winner. At 22 years old however, I don't think he has much of a future at Chelsea if he's playing League of Ireland football for a side that will be battling relegation this season, but stranger things have happened.

1-0 Vitesse at HT. 

Miazga started solidly, but got a yellow and then made some dodgy mistakes. 

Mount barely had the ball, making runs into space but doesn't get the pass, getting frustrated and got a yellow for a kick out. 

1 hour ago, Zeta said:

1-0 Vitesse at HT. 

Miazga started solidly, but got a yellow and then made some dodgy mistakes. 

Mount barely had the ball, making runs into space but doesn't get the pass, getting frustrated and got a yellow for a kick out. 

They must know you're there and want you to notice them :smile:

FT - Vitesse 5-0 FC Twente (Twente relegated as a result) 

Miazga- improved second half, but honestly had little to do, twente are down for a reason 

Mount - found much more space as the game wore on. Got a goal, a great assist and hit the bar. Good at finding spaces and nor afraid to take the ball and run into the box. 

Referee fell over and took out a player, which was funny: https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsnl/status/990590395884204032?s=09&

There was an eagle with a vitesse streamer, smoke, fire, and maryln manson music. 

Was pretty fun 

52 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

We're set to make a tidy profit on him. Wonder where he'll go.

You have every right to be sceptical but I honestly think Mount might be one who makes it. I know we'e been disappointed too many times but just maybe, we could see a CFC team not too far down the line with Mount, RLC, Amapdu and Hudson-Odoi.

You have every right to be sceptical but I honestly think Mount might be one who makes it. I know we'e been disappointed too many times but just maybe, we could see a CFC team not too far down the line with Mount, RLC, Amapdu and Hudson-Odoi.
I just don't have it in me to be optimistic about our youth anymore. I hope it will change but I'm not holding my breath.

So who of the loan army have had the most successful seasons? 

Mount sounds like he's done really well, finishing the season strongly too. Five goals (including a hat trick) and six assists in his last five games. 

Van Ginkel captained PSV to the league title this year. 

DaSilva winning Charlton's player of the year. 

Loftus-Cheek missed a fair chunk of the season with injury but seems to have performed well when he has played. 

Zouma was part of the Stoke side that was relegated with the worse defensive record in the league.. So not sure we can take much comfort from that. 

Tammy Abraham has seemed a bit out of his depth in the Premier League, albeit in a poor Swansea side who've struggled for goals all season. 

Kenedy has shown promise at Newcastle, possibly deserves a chance next season it Pedro were to leave? 

Anyone else of any note worth mentioning? 

Van Ginkel is a player that should play regularly, can't see him making it at Chelsea.

Loftus-Cheek, Mason Mount have to stay with us, maybe another loan for Mount to get more minutes, experience.

DaSilva is having a great season as well, unfortunately, we have Alonso and Emerson at this position, I don't know how would we play or use him. 

On 10/05/2018 at 10:54, ForeverCarefree said:

I don’t think so, Kalas and Piazon have been decent, but they’ll never make it. Baker has talent, but had the worst loan imaginable, so that’s that. I do rate Ugbo, but he’s been very poor, the lads at Hull were okay, I rate Tomori too, but he’s far off being ready. 

On 10/05/2018 at 10:54, ForeverCarefree said:

So who of the loan army have had the most successful seasons? 

Mount sounds like he's done really well, finishing the season strongly too. Five goals (including a hat trick) and six assists in his last five games. 

Van Ginkel captained PSV to the league title this year. 

DaSilva winning Charlton's player of the year. 

Loftus-Cheek missed a fair chunk of the season with injury but seems to have performed well when he has played. 

Zouma was part of the Stoke side that was relegated with the worse defensive record in the league.. So not sure we can take much comfort from that. 

Tammy Abraham has seemed a bit out of his depth in the Premier League, albeit in a poor Swansea side who've struggled for goals all season. 

Kenedy has shown promise at Newcastle, possibly deserves a chance next season it Pedro were to leave? 

Tammy has looked good whenever he has been on the pitch, Swansea's team selection has baffled me along with the few people I occasionally go to Swansea games with, the fact Andre Ayew has been playing ahead of him is ridiculous. He is definitely good enough to be the main striker for a mid to lower table team.

RLC has been big hit at palace and deserves to be in the squad next season. 

I actually think Aina has had a very solid season at Hull and hes played a lot of minutes, but has not done enough to look like a lower prem starter so I imagine anoher Championship loan.

Mount has been very good since the Vitesse manager was sacked and would love to see him get some minutes in the squad if/when we have europa league football next season.