Our Youth on Loan

The three more high profile players we have on loan are Gallagher, Ampadu and RLC (although RLC is not far off 25 so can hardly be considered youth and shame to say, think his time is up with us).

Seems a shame that all three have gone to clubs struggling and involved in a relegation battle. Haven't heard much about Ampadu but Sheff utd are rock bottom with 2 points and I see he got subbed today after 67 minutes so it can't be going that well for him.

Gallagher seems to be getting better reviews and let's hope Big Sam can help him although today's 0-5 hammering by Leeds won't have helped!

21 hours ago, Nibs said:

The three more high profile players we have on loan are Gallagher, Ampadu and RLC (although RLC is not far off 25 so can hardly be considered youth and shame to say, think his time is up with us).

Seems a shame that all three have gone to clubs struggling and involved in a relegation battle. Haven't heard much about Ampadu but Sheff utd are rock bottom with 2 points and I see he got subbed today after 67 minutes so it can't be going that well for him.

Gallagher seems to be getting better reviews and let's hope Big Sam can help him although today's 0-5 hammering by Leeds won't have helped!

Of the 3 its Gallagher that's impressed the most, which I don't think anyone expected. He has stood out whenever I've seen Brom play, was outstanding against Liverpool and us pretty much running their team, which is incredible for a young loanee. Ampadu has looked average, at best, he's still far too impetuous and just dives in far too much, he just hasn't learnt.

On 29/12/2020 at 21:30, Nibs said:

There's a lot of concern with Conor playing under Big Sam but if anything i think that will help him. Allardyce will improve his defensive discipline (already saw signs of that at Anfield) and with the style of play he'll have to learn to make the most of every moment he get's in attacking areas.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had a decent enough season on loan to be pushing for a Chelsea squad place in 21/22 ?

Maybe Guehi or Gallagher ? Tomori has done well, but I think Milan will now buy him.

Certainly don't think Ampadu has done anywhere near enough at Sheffield United. I think he is probably now further away from playing for us than he was at the start of the season.

Ditto RLC sadly ...

On 18/04/2021 at 10:19, Sexyfootball said:

Has anyone had a decent enough season on loan to be pushing for a Chelsea squad place in 21/22 ?

Maybe Guehi or Gallagher ? Tomori has done well, but I think Milan will now buy him.

Certainly don't think Ampadu has done anywhere near enough at Sheffield United. I think he is probably now further away from playing for us than he was at the start of the season.

Ditto RLC sadly ...

Tomori I hope returns and plays but he does suit Italian football. not sure Milan can afford him at the moment.

Guehi/Gallagher have been good but ready? maybe not. Gallagher could take Gilmour spot and loan Gilmour for game time.

Amapadu shouldn't have gone to Sheff Utd, should have stayed with squad and been used.

RLC seems to be on way out. Quality operator but injuries have ruined chances especially with Havertz very much in his mould. He's also 25 now so maybe struggling.

Broja? scoring goals out in Holland and Vitesse fans seem to think he's quality (same bracket as Mount for them).

45 minutes ago, Fruity66 said:

Tomori I hope returns and plays but he does suit Italian football. not sure Milan can afford him at the moment.

Guehi/Gallagher have been good but ready? maybe not. Gallagher could take Gilmour spot and loan Gilmour for game time.

Amapadu shouldn't have gone to Sheff Utd, should have stayed with squad and been used.

RLC seems to be on way out. Quality operator but injuries have ruined chances especially with Havertz very much in his mould. He's also 25 now so maybe struggling.

Broja? scoring goals out in Holland and Vitesse fans seem to think he's quality (same bracket as Mount for them).

I've seen a bit of Brojas highlights from this season he really does look immense but is that because of the level of opposition, I like to think he could replicate it in any league we might be allowed in next season

• 1 month later...

Don't know a huge amount about Guehi, but watching the Swansea v Barnsley play-off right now and he looks VERY decent.

Commanding and hasn't put a foot wrong. Not even 21 yet but looks a real prospect and perhaps explains why the club are comfortable letting Tomori go.

On 19/04/2021 at 18:03, Valerie said:

I wonder whether Malang Sarr, currently at Porto, will get a place in our squad next year. Tbh I've idea how he's doing this season.

I don’t know too much either, the champions league games I saw (Juventus and us) chancel mbemba, formally of Newcastle I think, was preferred at CB to him. However Pepe plays lcb and with Sarr being left footed this may be the reason. I appreciate it’s not really a legitimate concern but it still worries me.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...